Tsunami dream...

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

marlena

Tsunami dream...

Post by marlena » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:31 pm

So yeah... I woke up this morning quite stressed and somewhat nervous because I dreamed that a giant tsunami wave was headed where I was standing. I wasn't in San Francisco because where ever I was walking around had a huge road that ended with a view of the ocean.

I was walking on this tree lined street and I turned to look back behind me because I heard this deafining roar. I look to see this un godly enormous tsunami wall of water crest headed towards me and my companions (it was two guys whom I don't know). So I am panicked and running like hell to get home and one of the guys carries me while running back to the house which was very pretty and had a wrap-around porch. My mom is sitting inside and I get inside and I am all out of breath telling her what just happened. And then inside we watch the news and they say that a volcano erupted, and what ever was on the top of it blew up and into the ocean. That is what caused the tsunami wave to happen. So one of the guys says go look outside.

It looks like nothing ever happened. It is just gently raining.

sweetsunray

Post by sweetsunray » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:24 am

Volcanoes and giant engulfing tsunamis have something symbolically in common: overwhelming emotions and emotions that cannot be dammed in or corked up. And they seem to come so sudden and so big that we fear they may cause a disaster. So, I think this dream is about your own perception (tv) of something that is very emotional to you (and I think it may have to do with falling in love or attraction), and you enlarge it so much that it becomes so overpowering that it makes you want to run away from it and hide securely at home, away from society outside, with your mom (your inside mom) there to cushion and shelter you. But the dream confronts you at the end by showing you that what seems so dramatic to you, may not have a bigger backlash than a gentle rain... and I wouldn't even call a gentle rain a backlash even.

Return to “Dream Interpretation”