nightmare

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

moira_77

nightmare

Post by moira_77 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:33 am

I and my husband was standing somewhere in a large city. He received a phone call that immediately made him drop everything and live fast in his car. I even could hear a siren he put on in order to drive trough traffic (he is not a policeman). Next thing I know I am standing in front the apartment building where I had grown up. That is odd ,I thought to myself. I had to call to find out what happen that made him leave so fast without telling a word. So I started to walk toward my parent’s apartment. There was light everywhere except where the entrance to my apartment building, it was darker. As I walked toward it I saw a shadow moved where the entrance was. I said to myself to stay away, but my other self said, I have to make a phone call so I proceed toward the entrance. I stepped inside and there was light on the first floor of the stairs of the building but when I reached the floor where the entrance to my apartment was, it was dark but I still can see everything somewhat. I reached the second floor and I saw a cradle with the newborn baby in front of the door. I was kind of happy to find the baby but then my voice told me not to pick it up but it was so cute that I pick the baby up and open the door and enter my current home. I carried the baby when it wake up and bit me on my arm and started to make strange noises. I was stunned, it was very unexpected. It then did something where I end up on the couch and tried to crawl up to my face but I kick it off me and the couch. Then it was going to jump up when my head shook and woke up. When I woke up I turn to go back to sleep but I felt something very bad was in my room, an evil presence. So I got up and went to the bathroom to pass some time and to fully wake up so I didn’t had to go back to that nightmare. As I was sitting in the bathroom, I thought to myself, what if I am still dreaming and it’s a meter of time the baby will attack me again? But it was not the case, so I went back to my better dreams that night. I dreamed of finding twin babies in front of my door just a couple of weeks ago. I think there is a meaning to this dream but I am not sure what it is and I am hoping someone could help me with that. I would really appreciate it.

Rook

Post by Rook » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:50 pm

Hi Moira

I would say one of the primary themes of this dream is communication.  Your husband recieves a phone call that makes him drop everything and leave.  Could you relate that to any recent event?  Not necissarily a phone call, but is he distracted by something that seems urgent to him, something you don't know the details of perhaps?  Something you feel you need to talk to him about regarding your feeling a need to 'call him'?

The baby is in my opinion likely some new development in your life.  A new habit, a new job, a new way of doing things.  Something new.  What may make this hard is I suspect with the presence of the darkness / shadow it may be something that is lurking in your unconscious.  You may not be aware of this 'development', perhaps you are not aware of where you picked it up from, but the apartment is likely a temporal clue - a lead to a time when this 'development' came into your life.  The big clue though, is that it is something that seemed to make you happy at first, but 'turned around and bit you' when it 'awoke into your life' in your 'current home'.  So perhaps it is something you picked up before, but are only just now becoming aware of.

I also get a sense of urgency from the dream, due to the husband's emergency siren as well as the emotional reaction it created within you.  Without understanding the symbols I can't draw much more than that I don't think.  Hope it at least gave you some leads.

Sweet dreams,
Rook

moira_77

Post by moira_77 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:40 am

Thank you Rook for another great interpretation. It helped.  Thank you.

Return to “Dream Interpretation”