relationship problems, dream of another man

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

truffy

relationship problems, dream of another man

Post by truffy » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:08 pm

any help interpretting a dream I had last night would be very appreciated. I've been in a relationship for two years with my live-in boyfriend. I'm feeling pretty disatisfied and that it won't get better. I love him, but I feel very unfulfilled.

The dream:
I was swimming laps in a public pool and then went to the side with someone at work. We climb out and stand close to each other as he takes a very big penis out of his swim shorts. We're about to have sex right there as a group of passers-by look at him in disgust for what he's doing (even though in the dream reality sex in public is more frowned on than illegal...)

Help. I don't usually have dreams like this and of course, am now looking at that work guy very differently. I also feel ike my subconsious is trying to tell me something.

StormGirl Blue

Post by StormGirl Blue » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:02 pm

Hi truffy..
I can understand why you would be uncomfortable..
I can assure you that the other man in the dream is a representation and not necessarily him..
Even if you have had a few lustful thoughts about him outside of your dreaming he is still a representation, probably a cute one, and one that ticks all the right boxes.. but still a representation...
someone that could perhaps fill the intimacy void. He himself is not particularly important..

The large penis suggests your own insecurities you may have regarding your own sexual "abilities" ( sorry .. for lack of a better word at this moment ) Bedroom insecurities is not something you are comfortable with having.
In this dream you have examined the "is it me" question...

Sex is not about the sport of sex, it is an emotional intimacy thing also..  In this case it is very much emotionally related

lol. Ill stop typing here..because Your not the only one of us that has ever experienced this.. any advice I could offer would make me a hypocrite, and is un tested in my waters.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:18 pm

I have found that dreams are about our own unresolved emotions from the conscious state.  The symbols (people, places, things) are there to help resolve those emotional confusions.  

You are exercising and staying fit - swimming.  And yet are vulnerable (which is what sex usually means in a dream) to feeling less than adequate to the task at hand - sex.  

Being a public demonstration and the size of the penis seem to represent your emotional fears of public displays.  Perhaps there is something very personal you would like to keep that way and it is becoming more for public consumption than you would be comfortable to handle?
God bless, J

misty sur

Post by misty sur » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:55 am

hi. i agree with both. both interpretations are right and cannot be ignored. you must pay attention to both of them.
Have fun, have faith in yourself and always have the best food!

Rook

Post by Rook » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:11 am

Perhaps the phalus is enlarged as a focus of the problem, sex, and dissatisfaction. Careful as the previous interpreter has a point about representations of this other man. The penis is not always larger on the other side.

To me this dream is a statement that you are not satisfied. It may be symbolic of a lack of stamina on his part (he o's you don't) as well as excitement (public + co-worker being 'forbidden fruit'). I think you desire more action and adventure sexually.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:38 pm

I think it is important to remember that dreams are about symbols.  Symbols do not represent the reality of emotions but the symbol of what you are dealing with.  Sex dreams rately if ever mean anything to do with size, shape, abilities, or any other aspect of sex itself.  Sex dreams are about vulnerability.
God bless, J

Return to “Dream Interpretation”