Catching a robber

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

GeeEyeEl

Catching a robber

Post by GeeEyeEl » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:12 am

I just had a dream where i was in some sort of Bachelor's pad, maybe my dream crib or something and a robber from a window just was randomly stealing my stuff. And he told me "don't mind me."  He smiled and i saw him go in a door with a staircase entrance.  I called the police but it didn't work and i was above the staircase entrance.  When he came out, he acted all innocent until i jumped onto the stairway and blocked his way.  I was so worried to the point (i knew it was a dream) that i woke myself up just incase there were no robbers.  I've read about robbers stealing in dreams but what does it mean that you confront a robber in a dream?

caithiggs

Post by caithiggs » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:38 am

I'm thinking maybe you have someone in your life right now that you really desire to confront. Perhaps you are not fully aware that this person is invading your personal space because he/she is just so polite and casual about it. It could be that or it could be any situation at all that you strongly feel the need to confront, in spite of any reservations you may have about the confrontation. Considering the cops in the dream were no help, or out of reach, it's probably something you know you have to take on yourself. Calling on others will not be helpful to you. Perhaps you are just at a point in your life that you are feeling stepped all over and you are sick of it. It's time for you to start standing up for your personal space, to stop giving energy to others when it's rightfully yours. Do you tend to be a person who listens to other people, giving them your time and energy, without really taking back from others? Maybe your inner voice is telling you its time to take back what's yours.

caithiggs

Post by caithiggs » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:41 am

As well, the stairs could indicate a personal growth in your life. That you are moving above an old pattern, and when you've reached that step, those old patterns will no longer affect you. You might see people asking for too much from you, but that will no longer be an issue worthy of your time because you are moving onto higher ideals.

GeeEyeEl

Post by GeeEyeEl » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:14 am

caithiggs wrote: Do you tend to be a person who listens to other people, giving them your time and energy, without really taking back from others? Maybe your inner voice is telling you its time to take back what's yours.
 The thing is, i listen to people alot and give them my time and energy but i criticize and give them advice to what they say in a more intellectual fashion.  Besides that, wow thanks for the interpretation.  I really liked your take on it.  Thank you and have a great day

Return to “Dream Interpretation”