2 dreams 2de - 1st, me a snake taking a girl up a tree

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

MuDDld

2 dreams 2de - 1st, me a snake taking a girl up a tree

Post by MuDDld » Wed May 02, 2012 3:09 pm

Slept all through the day today; had two dreams, both "terrific".

The first one was about a thick jungle, and really nice, and there was a wire fencing, and it seems it was a cage to keep a wild animal in, but I was inside the cage. There was a woman there, and a baby cow, and the woman asked me to screw the cow, but I was thinking, was the cow (who stood for a girl) mine, like legally my wife or something? I started anyway - yeah, I know how weird this sounds, but I couldn't get it stiff enough because I was not interested at all (but I was doing it), and the woman was watching all this time. All of a sudden I came to know that the cow/girl was not mine and I had done something wrong, sacrilegious, but I wasn't like nauseated because it wasn't my fault, I had been given wrong information and that is why I had done it. The cow/girl was passive all through; of course it/she would be passive since its a cow - but really I haven't done it with an animal. Ever! I don't know why I had such a dream. But the cow/girl didn't mind, actually wanted me to do it. Anyway, after this, I was in this forest, inside the cage, and it was possible that a wild animal might come up, so I started climbing up a tree, but not in the regular way, I put up my hand and clutched a branch and started pulling myself up. At this time, there was a girl with me, I was embracing her from behind and pulling her up as well. I wasn't kidnapping her or doing anything against her will, instead she wanted to be with me. Then I was in her place, and I was the girl who was held from behind and was being pulled up, and I said something like the man (who was actually me) was so nice, and I was fed some kind of berry by the man. I had been thinking of Shakespeare before I dropped off to sleep, and there's a part in the play "Tempest" where Caliban says "water with berries in it."

Then I was again the man, and I was pulling the woman up, and the wild animal was possibly close so I pulled even higher, and we were quite high up, and let me again say this was a heavily wooded place, and there were creepers and leaves all around. Also, all through this dream, there was no fear at all. Then there was a leopard in the branch which I was clutching (with my right hand if I remember correctly), and it could attack me so I took out a sword and plunged it in twice. At this point I wasn't holding the girl because I had used the sword with my left hand while I had been holding the girl also with the left hand. Then I realized that there had been no need to kill the leopard because it didn't present any harm to me, and I had needlessly hurt it.

After this, the scene changes, and I was in another part of a forest, but this wasn't so thickly wooded, this place had a lot of trees but there was enough space between them, there were no shrubs or creepers. This whole place was on small mounds, the ground was higher in some places and lower in others. There was a dirt path and an auto rickshaw going along it, with two persons in it, a man and a woman, and then in the corner of the scene, far away, I saw this animal, a mongoose if I'm correct, which eats snakes, and I was a snake at this time, a big one, and the mongoose was also a big one. Now since I was a snake and there was a snake-eating mongoose, I should've been scared but I wasn't. There was some danger to  the rickshaw but then I understood that there was no danger to the rickshaw as well. At this point I ran, or slithered(!), and really fast, and I climbed a tree, and again there was a girl with me whom I was holding. I climbed really high up this tree, but the mongoose was following me up, and then the next shot was from a distance, and not through my eyes, where I (the snake) jumped from the top of one high tree to the next and was able to evade the mongoose in this way. But then it was again through my eyes and I was on the tree with the girl and I hadn't jumped and I told the girl to stay there, on the branch behind the leaves, and that I would jump and escape but I would come back for her, and she shouldn't make any noise.

That's about the end of this dream. I think there was more but I don't remember. I woke up and went to sleep about an hour later and had another dream but I've totally forgotten that one, but I'm sure I'll remember it since I did remember it after I woke up, so I'll post that one later.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed May 02, 2012 10:59 pm

Dreams are very emotional about unresolved issues from the conscious state.  Sex in its many manifestations has to do with vulnerability, control issues - one person over another, and generally a dance with one partner leading, thereby the other following.
God bless, J

Rook

Post by Rook » Thu May 10, 2012 2:00 pm

I have been thinking about it, in context with the dreams posted previously, and I believe I was off the mark in the previous dreams.  Where I picked up on a lack of passion in the sexual relationships with the women, this dream seems to clarify the error.  What really made this clear to me was pondering - why the cow?

Looking at the theme across all the dreams - the sexual activity without a lot of interest.  The common theme in this dream, the animals.

My current theory on these dreams is that the dream is addressing the current big conflict in your inner life - sexuality vs spirituality.  When I first started looking into this series of dreams you expressed a concept of giving up on women (sexuality) completely and fully embracing spirituality.

This dream I feel is addressing this conflict.  What is it saying?  The repeated symbol here is the animal world.  And it is your animal nature I believe it is referring to.  My first instinct when I read the passage regarding the cage is: it is you in the cage.  You are the wild animal, because really, that is what you are, an animal.  And the connotation of you being an animal is that you have a natural, in-built sexual need.  This is a component of yourself, and something you are trying to cage.  If you let it rule you, it becomes dangerous, but caging the animal - it still remains dangerous.  For the animal to not be dangerous it needs to be controlled, tamed, domesticated.

This is also you as the snake, both a potent sexual symbol, and a dangerous wild animal.  You attack the jaguar in the tree - perhaps you are throwing the blame at the female, but you come to realise the woman is not too blame - she was not a threat.

I will have to think about the dream any more to get anything else out of it but don't have the energy for this right now.  What do you think of my thoughts thus far?

MuDDld

Post by MuDDld » Fri May 11, 2012 11:46 am

spiritalk wrote:generally a dance with one partner leading, thereby the other following.
Hi there, are you saying I'm in control, since I am holding the women, but there is a fear of losing them?
Rook wrote:I will have to think about the dream any more to get anything else out of it but don't have the energy for this right now.  What do you think of my thoughts thus far?
As expected, you have hit the mark. I didn't think much about the animals, I was more like shocked at my doing it to a cow! It is only now that I see the whole animal and cage symbolism.

There's something else here, though. I am with women in this dream, but there is no sexual frustration; also, I am pulling the women up a tree. That hints at rising, but not after ditching sexuality but seeing it as a part of life. Since the past month, my thoughts have turned more towards not giving the boot to sexuality entirely, like I used to think was necessary earlier. Now its more like, its there, and no need to struggle too much against it. Just let things roll on and see what happens.

Anyway, for the second dream that I had that afternoon, immediately after I went back to sleep. This was a short one; it was night time, I was on a bike, and was having difficulty seeing much. The road was congested so I turned off the road and started travelling beside it and made some progress. Then I saw a couple of ambulances going in the opposite direction, red lights flashing, and I was intrigued, so I turned back and started travelling with them. I was on the same side of the road as I was previously and was also on the same dirt track by the road. Then I noticed that a truck was travelling some distance in front of the ambulances and was not giving way, so I speeded up and came abreast of the truck and shouted something to the driver and the driver turned to one side to let the ambulances pass, and the ambulance driver at the front thanked me (not sure how, maybe he also shouted something). We were travelling all this time.

The ambulances were travelling fast, and soon I lost track of where they'd gone. I had reached a railway yard, and it was still night and dark, and I crossed a crossing and went to the other side, where there was something like a dead end. So I came back to the crossing and there was a red light there and the crossing was about to close, the barriers were already coming down, and I raced across, and it was totally dark and there was a thought that the train was already there and I could get hit and killed in total darkness. But nothing of the sort happened, and I crossed the track and that was about the end of the dream. I don't think I saw the train coming after I had crossed.

Thanks for the reply you've given so far!

MuDDld

Post by MuDDld » Fri May 11, 2012 12:48 pm

Might as well add two other ones; these are in the order in which they occurred.

I've dreamed of trains something like three or four times in the past week. In one, I was on the outskirts of a city, and my family was in the city, and I was standing near an overbridge near the very beginning of the city, and all of a sudden Pakistan attacked the city! (I'm from India, btw). A curfew was imposed, and all movement in and out of the city was restricted. I waited for about four days, and finally the Indian army went in and evicted the Pakistanis, and then all of a sudden a rush of traffic started coming out of the city, on the bridge, and then people were walking out, and soon my family also walked out. I asked them where they had stayed in the city all this time, and they said they had been trapped at a bus stop, and the police/ Indian army just wouldn't let them move anywhere. The Pakistani army was nowhere near them. I was wondering about how they had been able to find water to drink for all this time. Then we were walking in a forest, and looking for some transportation to take us back to our house in another city nearby, and some distance away, there was a railway line, and a train pulled up in front of us (the engine stopped right in front of us, some distance away). My family immediately went and entered the train, except for my father and me, and then, with a grinding metallic noise, the front of the engine lifted up in the air, still tethered at the back to the next carriage, and it got twisted at the front and fell on its side near the track. The back was still joined to the following carriage, but the front of the engine had totally twisted up. Then it set itself right, twisting back into its usual shape, and the train started moving forwards! I was very near the tracks now, and the tracks had started vibrating, they were actually moving like they are no longer hard metal but strings, and there were waves going through them. This was a terrific part, and I could feel the vibrations right through me. My father was still there with me, and it was that a weapon had been fired and that was causing everything to vibrate, and there was fear in the air, but I was not totally panicking. I was worried about the pacemaker in my father's heart, but my father doesn't have a pacemaker. He has a slight problem of high blood pressure, but nothing more. Then I've forgotten a lot of stuff that happened, but my father and I were hiding under a bridge, and then some time later, the vibrations had stopped, but we and some other people were hiding in sand mounds and we were really tiny (maybe we had become tiny to hide from the enemy), and there were jeeps going by carrying the enemy. Even though this dream was about a war, there wasn't a panicky kind of fear where you'd wake up in sweat.

This is the latest one: somewhere in the beginning, I was in a hotel, and then I took a girl from my college to one of the rooms, but there were other people in there as well. This was a suite, not just a single room, and I noticed a door and that door led to the adjoining room, and all the rooms on the floor were connected by such doors. One by one, I traversed through all the rooms, and each one had a different interior, not like regular hotel rooms that are all the same. The girl with me had vanished by this time, and in any case I was more interested in the interiors of the different rooms, and finally, I opened a door and I reached some place else; the whole scene changed. Then I was with a boy, not someone I know, and we both wanted to test our fighting skills. We had both learned some martial arts and we wanted to see how we could fight. This other boy, however, wasn't very trained, and when we tried mock fights, he wouldn't fight much, wouldn't even try to block my blows so I just couldn't bring myself to hit him. It is the end of this dream that is important. The scene had changed, and all of a sudden I was with a girl from college, not the one in the beginning of the dream, nor the girl I've previously referred to (in the tower and reactor dreams). She was not wearing any clothes at all, and I went and hugged her and started kissing her. She reciprocated somewhat, but then the dream ended, but not just ended, I myself woke up, I dragged myself awake, like I wasn't interested. As soon as I had woken up, I started cursing myself, because this is something I would have liked to dream about and when I actually dreamt of it, I didn't seem to give it much importance and woke up without a second thought. Something else: more than sex, I wanted to love the girl.

See if you can find time to ponder over these!

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun May 13, 2012 3:32 pm

I was saying that sex in a dream is vulnerability.  It really doesn't matter whose in control in the dream, your emotions are wanting that control in situations with woman.  You might say that is what is evident in all the dreams.  The sexuality represents your vulnerability.  And you do not like that lack of control in the conscious state.  The dream is trying to deal with it.
God bless, J

Rook

Post by Rook » Mon May 14, 2012 1:23 pm

Have been considering the bicycle and ambulance dream:

I usually travelling in a car down a road is your journey through life.  You seemed to be going down a particular path on a bicycle - now I am not sure what situation you are in in India, whether a bike is dominant or a car as mode of transport.  The bike you see, requires balance to be able to operate it, so it could be a symbol of finding balance, but if it is a dominant mode of transport over car, it may just be referencing moving down the path of life.

The ambulances being a symbol of healing, in particular an 'emergency situation'.  They are going the other way, I would see as being the opposite direction you were going in.  You double back, but the healing can't take place because it is stuck behind the truck - baggage.  Some kind of baggage was holding it up.  If you knew what was on the truck would help identify the situation - but I could see it fitting the previously addressed dream situation.  You were heading down that particular path but changed course when the alarm of the ambulances alerted you.  You have waved down the truck and moved it aside so the healing or resolution of that emergency situation can take place.

This is related to crossing the train tracks, a form of barrier.  It is dark and you can't see it, but you have managed to cross that barrier to your progress unharmed.

The train as a symbol - similar to the bike / car I see as being a life path, but one where you don't have control over where that path takes you.  I find it often relates to people's careers, where you aren't controlling the work you do in particular, but can hop between career paths.  Not always the case, but sort of a fate vs destiny thing.  Your fate you don't control, but you control your destiny.  A sort of paradox that I love to philosophi.  Fate is the train, destiny is the car.  And the two are in a very difficult relationship to comprehend.

I think that's all I got tonight, but may have a look at the other dreams tomorrow.

MuDDld

Post by MuDDld » Mon May 14, 2012 2:28 pm

Oh boy! All I thought was that the ambulances signify fear, because they have to do with accidents. Never thought of healing.

I have a car, but I always use my bike. I like that better, so you can say the bike's a dominant mode of transport.

Your interpretation makes sense, but where exactly is the dream pointing: do the ambulances signify that my travelling on the spiritual path is wrong and needs to be corrected or the other way round? That's what I can't understand.

Can you guide me on which books I should read to understand dreams better? Or else I'll be forever posting my dreams on this forum. All I have read is Freud's The Interpretation of Dreams.

Rook

Post by Rook » Mon May 14, 2012 4:19 pm

The ambulances signify in my mind, something that is wrong and needs to be fixed.  The bike as a symbol of balance, the two wheels, a duality that needs to be balanced.  This duality is that balance between sexuality and spirituality.  It is not a question of one or the other.  It is not a question of right and wrong.  The two have to live in accord with each other, at the same time.  Sexuality can be a deeply spiritual experience in itself, but it has to be more than phsyical.  It has to be on many levels, love spiritually, mentally and physically at the same time.  Wow.

Which brings me to these dreams of girls, note the consistent theme of a lack of interest in the girl in this latest dream.  A common theme throughout the dreams.  You haven't found the girl you are really interested in yet in my opinion.  You will know her when she comes, if you are looking with your heart, not your eyes or mind.

Each woman is like each room, different on the inside.  This is your search.  You have to find the right room.  This is where you will find your interest, on the inside.  From there great things will follow.

It is good you are looking to learn more about dreams, and interpreting them yourself.  I actually haven't read Freud's work on dreams, though I probably should.  I had more of a Jungian upbringing.  But the best thing I can recommend about dream interpretation is experience.  Read through others interpretations on forums such as this one.  Try and figure them out yourself.  But don't look back too far or you will see my first few intrerpretations.  Not that long ago.  If you are persistant you will learn fast.

Interpreting my own dreams gave me great insights.  Like not relying too much on dream dictionaries - only when I was stuck.  That came from a dream.  Though without a dream dictionary I would never have gotten illumination on what the Star Wars dream were talking about when I had to find my lightsaber.  It didn't give me the answer straight off - but it was the lightsaber itself that led me to the meaning of the lightsaber.  Try and figure that one out.  It was a revelation that instantly changed my life and my dream interpretation skills, and those dreams stopped as soon as I got my answer.

In the words of Obi-wan "Congratulations, you have taken your first steps into a larger world."

Return to “Dream Interpretation”