Dream about ....

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Mrs.wish07

Dream about ....

Post by Mrs.wish07 » Sat May 26, 2012 10:37 pm

I was slapped. Then in the arms of a very handsome man.
He just said he didn't care if he hurt me?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:54 pm

Love is not pain.  Pain is not love.  As dreams are coming to terms with our own unresolved emotions from the conscious state, it would appear you have issues around love and what it means.
God bless, J

ElizVanZee

Post by ElizVanZee » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:06 pm

A slap is a gesture of discipline. I would assume the slap was directed towards your face. This would imply some discipline relating to your self identity – to who and what you might see yourself being.

The handsome man represents an aspect of your own mind. Because he is handsome, he can suggest an idea or way of thinking that you could find very appealing. Thus the dream would be saying that when you use a way of thinking that appeals to you, you would mentally find your own self identity in need of some disciplining. The problem here is that when you use this way of thinking, you are not showing any concern about the emotional pain (the hurt) you are causing yourself.

The real and more serious problem here is that when a woman finds a lot of things to complain about concerning herself,  the man she is with – husband, boyfriend - (who personifies her mind in a physical form) will also become very abusive towards her. He will show no concern about her feelings. These physical problems all start within the woman’s own mind. This dream shows a need to correct a self abusive way of thinking.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:07 pm

Even in dream language I find it hard to believe someone would say a woman asks to be abused?
God bless, J

Rook

Post by Rook » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:56 pm

Mmm, I can see the easy leap to domestic abuse associations, but here the handsome man does not seem to be known.  I would say this is representing your anima.  I instinctively see being in his arms in a loving light.  I think this is a slap to wake you up to something about yourself.  Something that you don't want to see as it may be painful to admit whatever it is.  The not afraid to hurt you I associate to being the need for you to face this side of yourself - despite the pain caused - because living on in ignorance / suppression will likely cause more problems down the track than the pain caused in facing it is worth.

ElizVanZee

Post by ElizVanZee » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:26 pm

"Even in dream language I find it hard to believe someone would say a woman asks to be abused?"  

Did I say this !!! Apparently Spiritalk and I do not speak the same language.

There is no physical love issue in this dream Rook is partly correct when saying, "I can see the easy leap to domestic abuse associations, but here the handsome man does not seem to be known." This is a psychological issue involving the dreamer and her mind.

But, "I would say this is representing your anima" is simply psycho-babble for referring to an aspect of one's mind and way of thinking. True, "being in his arms" is a loving gesture. Here it simply shows that the dreamer "thinks" she is being loving towards herself when slapping or disciplining herself. This is the Issue of the dream; this is what she could be seen as needing to wake herself up about herself. It could be a tendency or habit which is as incorrect as it would be for a man to slap a woman.  Many women are often constantly criticizing themselves - for their appeaance, their lack of education, their housekeeping etc, etc...

Rook

Post by Rook » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:06 pm

Yes, I can see that possible interpretation Eliz, of her thinking she is being loving to herself when slapping or disciplining herself, as you state "women are often constantly criticizing themselves" - I didn't see this possibility not having that feminine perspective.  Would be interested in hearing Wish's thoughts.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:51 pm

Apparantly we do not speak the same language Eliz.  Loving oneself does not require a slap (a violent gesture).  And this dream certainly skirts the issues around abuse and the self esteem of the woman.  Perhaps it would be wise to err on the side of caution in suggesting violence as a gesture of finding one's own self worth?
God bless, J

Return to “Dream Interpretation”