Little snakes coming out of wrist watch

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

MuDDld

Little snakes coming out of wrist watch

Post by MuDDld » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:06 pm

Don't remember the beginning of this dream, but I was at a house I used to live in earlier, many years ago. There was something about a snake, not a small one, a big one, being outside, and there was some fear that my father who was also outside might be bitten. Then I was on the terrace with some woman, and I was talking to the woman and telling her not to do something when all of a  sudden two little snakes came out of the wrist watches on her hand and mine, and there was some amount of fear of being bitten and the snakes were really fast and could get into the clothes, and I said something like see, I told you not to do this.

During the day, I was watching TV and had seen little snakes that had entered the drinking water supply in Delhi (its monsoon here).

Rook

Post by Rook » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:21 pm

This is a tough one to me.

The snake coming out of the wrist watch could be related to time.  Joseph Campbell said this is a standard symbol of the serpent, esp in regards to the cyclic nature of time.  Also reincarnation.  This is due to the snake shedding its skin, out with the old, in with the new.  Also the serpent biting its own tail in the ouroboros.

It is also a symbol of sexuality being phallic in nature.

Both seem prevalent in the dream, the wrist watch, as well as getting into the clothes with male/female match.

Whatever the dream is about; the house in the dream may be relating the scenario back to that time period as the root cause of the issue.

The snake outside and the father at risk - I wonder what it is referring to?  I think you need to figure out what the snake/serpent represents to understand this one.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:43 pm

All dreams are about unresolved emotions from our conscious state.  Sometimes, and often through fear, what we have on our mind tends to become a dream.  This seems to be the case.
God bless, J

MuDDld

Post by MuDDld » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:08 pm

The house I've mentioned is one where I used to live when I was a child. I think I left it about twelve years age. My relation with my father at that time was of the type a child has.

I'm in a hurry now so I'll post more later.

Edit: Snakes represent either fear or sexuality, but I didn't get either of these feelings in the dream.

The snake could represent spirituality, as a means of rising higher, and the watch could mean that it is time I did something. But I'm not very sure of these interpretations.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:51 pm

The snake is a symbol on the staff of the American Medical Association.  Snakes are associated with healing.  Pythagoras had a temple in which snakes wondered through all the time of the healing.
God bless, J

MuDDld

Post by MuDDld » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:05 am

I've read this somewhere else earlier but I didn't think of this. But I'm not sure how to put healing into this dream.

Rook

Post by Rook » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:56 pm

You know that saying time heals all wounds?  The medical association makes sense too as there are two snakes, the male and female.  It is also the symbol of the Kundalini power that courses through the chakras which is where the medical association got the symbol, or so I have heard.

MuDDld

Post by MuDDld » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:43 pm

When you mentioned the Ouroboros, that is what I had thought about. Which is why I saw it as a spiritual sign. The snake / snakes coming out of the watch could mean its time my spiritual journey took off in earnest. But then, when the snakes exit the watch, I tell the woman something like, see what have you done, and this seems to imply that I'm not ready yet...

Return to “Dream Interpretation”