Walking beside a canal, bridge has shelf like spaces under and beside it.

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

MuDDld

Walking beside a canal, bridge has shelf like spaces under and beside it.

Post by MuDDld » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:28 pm

This is a dream that will be difficult to explain.

I don't remember the beginning of this dream, but I was like a journalist and I was trying to nail someone. Then something went wrong. I was walking by the side of a canal with my father and my father said go ahead, I'll wait her. There was some water in the canal, which was quite calm and not moving and it was muddy. There was a bridge over the canal some distance away, and I walked under the bridge, and on both sides of the canal, where the pillars of the bridge were, there was a shelf like space and a person could climb and sit there. I climbed onto one of them and saw a colleague from where I work, and she was holding a pistol, and she said, who is it, who is that man, he has been coming here since two or three days. I said not to worry, its my father. She was also being persecuted by the people I was trying to nail. Then there was something like I was wearing her clothes, her sari, and I gave it to her and said something like don't wear this because I was wearing it, and 'they' will know that we two are together on this. Then I walked back the way I had come, and now there was a bridge by the side of the canal as well, and we were walking on the edge of it, on flaps on top of the bridge, beside the railing towards the outside, like the shelf I just mentioned under the bridge. There were places where you could walk, but they could also be folded up so that they became vertical, and my father was walking ahead of me, and all of a sudden the flap became vertical and my father fell down (on it). I was behind him and I was trying to reach him but the flap was moving, folding and unfolding, and I could jump on it from the flap I was standing on. Then the scene changed, and it was that my father had told me that he had been worried about me, because I was trying to nail those people and they were powerful people and could hurt us, while I had been pretty much casual about the whole matter, thinking they couldn't hurt me. We were at our home, but it was a different home from the one where we live at present, and again, beside the bedroom, there was a canal. Actually, the bedroom was on the bank of the canal, and there was water in it, and my father said that he had seen the reflection of some rogues in the water of the canal as he slept. That's about all I remember of this dream. All through, there was some sort of anger and fear in it.

oriel

Post by oriel » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:27 pm

bridge symbolises transitional period in life or maybe an if there water under it it symbolises an emotional transitional stage of your waking life.Canal may be a symbol of suppressed or restraint emotions.
The house/home could be a symbol of yourself,the rooms in it could be aspects of yourself.Water usually symbolises emotions.

MuDDld

Post by MuDDld » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:35 am

Thanks for this. It does make sense. But what about the shelves on the bridge?

oriel

Post by oriel » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:57 pm

maybe the shelves could mean maybe ideas or plans that needs to be shelved,or maybe on hold or maybe things that you need to think about more carefully before pushing through.

Rook

Post by Rook » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:19 am

I agree with everything so far.

In addition; you are a journalist investigating someone (bad guys).  I believe this is reflected in the water, and makes sense in that the water is muddy, you don't have a clear impression of what it is the bridge is crossing yet.  The shelves I think is what is stored on that bridge, ie it stores the issues that link the water and the bridge.  The co-worker is here.

Considering the earlier dreams regarding the conflict between the rogues and the police, and the father seeing the rogues reflected in the water, I would say the water and the bridge is related to this conflict.  The reflection of the rogue suggests that this muddy content of the psyche is what is resulting in the roguish behaivour.

The crucial link I think is in the relationship with the co-worker.  This is a target of the "bad guys", or what I think is the rogue.  Have you had any roguish history with the co-worker, or even roguish thoughts that you never acted on?

As for the wings on the bridge, or the collapsing platforms, I am not sure about that one.   I will think about it and see if I come up with anything.  Usually focused thought will cut through even the most difficult symbol.

MuDDld

Post by MuDDld » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:33 pm

Umm, about the co-worker, I haven't had any history with her, but I think I may have looked at her 'that' way. The thing is that she was also persecuted by the same people I was trying to nail. When I read this dream again, I remembered it and laughed. The point where she is holding a pistol!

Its the flaps on the bridge that I can't understand at all. After thinking a bit, the only thing they remind me is wings on a plane. And there are these flap like things at the end of a plane's wings, at the back, though in the dream they were at the side. Now a dream about a plane will mean rising higher, or a search for something. And a bridge is something new that you are going to do. So a bridge with flaps... Its like a bird flapping its wings, trying to rise up. So I'm trying to do something new, and am flapping my wings, only I'm facing resistance. I think this may be an interpretation.

This morning I had a dream where I was in a bus, and riding towards the city where I live. My sister was also on the bus. Then at one place, there was a slope like place and the bus climbed up, and then I was on foot and I climbed up a really incline slope. Then we reached the edge of our city, and yet the thought was that it would take about half an hour to reach home while in reality from the point where we were, it takes only fifteen minutes. Then we were at a place in the center of the city but it was different from how it really is, and here there was a tower, a steel one, like Eiffel tower, on which mobile phone companies put their aerials. I've had quite a few dreams of bus rides.

symulhaque

Post by symulhaque » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:08 pm

I also agree with you..

Indigo11

Post by Indigo11 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:27 pm

About the dream about the bus, which represents you are heading somewhere and the city represents are familiar place. Your sister may represent a feminine energy that is guiding you.

The slope may suggest where you want to go/going may be 'steep', however, you managed to get on top of this slope, so you will succeed in where you are going and it will become easier as the time suggests.

The steel tower with mobile phoje companies put on their aerials may be telling you to keep your ears open or you could be hearing something important as the signifance of the steel building.

Hope this helps.

Return to “Dream Interpretation”