In a dark house, a ghost and bats

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

MuDDld

In a dark house, a ghost and bats

Post by MuDDld » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:49 pm

In the beginning of the dream, I was walking left to right by a row of rooms. It was like a hotel, with rooms to my right. I had a key and was going to open one of the rooms which I had booked, but I kept walking. Then I turned a corridor, and now the rooms were all lined up to my right, but I was walking right to left. Finally I reached a room which was not the one I had booked but I slipped in the key and opened it and entered. Now I was in a house. Inside it was dark, and there were leftover books and magazines lying in many places, which were probably left by the previous occupant.

I opened the magazines, looking for photographs of actresses or something similar, but I don't know if I found them. Then there were other people in the house, and they were saying that there is a ghost in this house. I wanted to tell them that there's no ghost in the house, so I took them to a part of the house where they said the ghost was, and we entered that room, which was again darkly lit. Then we descended a staircase if I remember correctly, and down there was a basement and it had been coated with black tar. I sent one of the boys down there to collect a magazine and something flew by and it was a bat. Then was another bat there as well. The basement extended to beneath a highway that was running just beside the house. This was like being under a bridge. I thought that many people would have died of accidents on the highway and the one who died near this basement might have become ghosts. Then was a box and I told one of the boys to open it and he pulled out a few books and then a giant bat came out of the box and flew away, up a small hole on the other side of the highway, into the sky.

Then we walked up and I said that see there's no ghost. There was another room which we had forgotten to check, and I said that we should check that one as well, and I was the last of the people walking out, and I turned and there was a girl standing behind me and she was the ghost and I was terrified and I woke up.

So what do you make of this dream? It was dark all through, not dark enough not to be able to see but still pretty dark. But there wasn't much fear all through until the very end.

oriel

Post by oriel » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:45 am

It's like you're exploring yourself.
The hotel-like house could be a symbol of transition.The key could mean secrets or maybe opportunities or maybe a symbol of a key to unlocking hidden aspects of yourself and the room could be aspect of yourself that you're exploring.
Going down the staircase could be suppressed or hidden emotions or subconscious or maybe part of yourself.The basement could be a symbol of your subconscious.
The ghost could be a symbol of some aspect of yourself that deals with fear or maybe past bad memories that you need to confront.

Rook

Post by Rook » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:38 pm

I agree with Oriel.  There is repeated symbols of the unconscious in the dark, black basement.  I see the ghost as being the unseen element that is impacting your self.  I see it as a dream of the commencement of seeing into your unconscious self and the hidden functions that play out in your life.

symulhaque

Post by symulhaque » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:13 pm

Could you remember to recognize any actress you watched in your dream?
symulhaqu07eee

MuDDld

Post by MuDDld » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:07 am

There wasn't any actress in this dream. There were photos, but I don't remember which actresses I saw.

Return to “Dream Interpretation”