A Nightmare Like I Have Never Had Before

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Emberlyn

A Nightmare Like I Have Never Had Before

Post by Emberlyn » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:55 am

The other night I had this dream:
I was asleep in bed and I woke up with the urgent need to go to the hospital. So I turned to wake up my boyfriend. He started whispering in this other language and then he turned into the devil. He had a red face. He started hurting me- like I literally felt the pain through the dream. So, I started crying out to God. I told Him that I needed Him but I couldn't find Him. I kept asking Him where he was. Then, these demons came into my room. So I started yelling God's name. I was able to escape out of my room and I began to fly up toward heaven where there seemed to be a white light. Before I got to the light, I found myself back in my bed. I awoke again with the urgent need to go to the hospital. I turned to wake my boyfriend up and again he started whispering in another language and then he turned into the devil. This time he had tattoos around his mouth and a really thin, long tongue. Then the other demons came into my room and I started screaming to God. I was able to throw a few of them through my bedroom window and escape...all the while screaming, asking God where He was. I said I needed to find him, but that I didn't know where to look. I need him to show me. I ran down my street into the woods where there were these children dressed in white pointing further into the woods. I started to head in the direction that they were pointing but again found myself asleep in my bed..where I woke up and the dream began to repeat itself again. After a few cycles I started hitting my boyfriend when he started speaking in the other language. I told him I was sick and that I needed him, but he still turned into the devil. After another cycle I began crying uncontrollably when my boyfriend began speaking in the other language. I started screaming and finally I woke up. I was too afraid to go back to sleep again. Any ideas about this?

Rook

Post by Rook » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:31 am

Hi Emberlyn

The dream shows a strong need for healing (needing to go to the hospital).  Likely spiritual healing due to the need to 'find God'.

A couple of things I am curious about:

How do you feel about your relationship with your boyfriend outside of wedlock?  Him turning into a demon could be related to unconscious guilt associated with sex outside of wedlock which in most religions is considered a sin, yet widely accepted outside of religious circles as a basic human need.

I see the cycle of waking up in bed as being potentially symbollic of passing days.  Could it be that each morning you wake up to go on this "spiritual journey" and find God but each morning wake up in the exact same circumstances?  That being - you are not making any progress though you are actively searching for your spirituality?

In the dream your boyfriend is the devil.  Is he holding you back in your search at all?  Is he not supportive of your spiritual curiosity?

That is pretty much all I have off the top of my head.

Cheers,
Rook

Emberlyn

Post by Emberlyn » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:31 pm

How do you feel about your relationship with your boyfriend outside of wedlock?  Him turning into a demon could be related to unconscious guilt associated with sex outside of wedlock which in most religions is considered a sin, yet widely accepted outside of religious circles as a basic human need:
I really do want to be married, but because of our particular financial circumstances (I'm legally blind and on SSI and if we get married I will lose my SSI and won't be able to chip in monetarily which we won't be able to live off of just his income) We are trying to figure out a way to make up the difference so we can get married.

I see the cycle of waking up in bed as being potentially symbolic of passing days.  Could it be that each morning you wake up to go on this "spiritual journey" and find God but each morning wake up in the exact same circumstances?  That being - you are not making any progress though you are actively searching for your spirituality?:
As far as God goes, I am completely lost. I know that I believe in God. Nothing can change that, but I don't know which spiritual path to take to insure that I will get to heaven. There are so many paths to take- how do I know which one is the right one? I read and research and pray, but I feel like unless God comes down and says, "This is the right path" I'm never going to be sure. It makes me so incredibly afraid to die because I don't want to go to hell.

In the dream your boyfriend is the devil.  Is he holding you back in your search at all?  Is he not supportive of your spiritual curiosity?:
He is so completely supportive of my spiritual journey. He does everything he can to provide me with any and all material on different religions, paths, etc. He is always willing to talk as long as I need to about anything spiritual. In fact, he is completely support of everything about me. I've never had that in before.

Thank you for your insight though.

Rook

Post by Rook » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:33 am

Hi Emberlyn

I would definitely say the dream is referring to your spiritual search - you are trying to find Heaven.  But you are confused about which path to take.  There are so many options.  You start by flying through the sky, towards a light, but then change to another path, running into the forest guided by the forest children.

You say you are afraid of choosing the wrong path, because you want to be sure.  You want God himself to point his path out to you.

To me this dream is saying that there are many paths to God, and I am not sure that there is a wrong one, if you follow it through.  Personally I believe you know when you are on the right path for you (different paths suit different people) when everything *clicks* into place and you get that "destiny" feeling - I get that feeling when I stumble upon the right interpretation of my own dreams.  It is like Yoda explaining to Luke Skywalker how he will know the difference between the light side of the force, and the dark.  "You will know, when you are calm, at peace."  When you find the right path for you, you will know it in your guts.

Another note - the dream might be illustrating a hidden nugget of wisdom of that place of suffering that is hell in the unfortunate symbology of your boyfriend as the devil.  I don't think this is saying he is evil (from your post he sounds awesome).  In my opinion, no symbol in a dream is accidental - there is meaning in your boyfriend as the Devil, I believe it has a message that you can unravel if you apply focused thought.

Hope that helps, I am happy to clarify what I see in the hell symbology if you want but it is putting forth my own spiritual perspective.

Cheers,
Rook

Return to “Dream Interpretation”