Ginger Cat Dream

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

TamR

Ginger Cat Dream

Post by TamR » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:51 pm

Dreamt of a ginger cat that my son was playing with. The cat became invisible for a moment but my son was still playing with it. It then became visible.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:37 pm

Hi Tam(?),

Your dream reminds me of the intermittently disappearing and smiling Cheshire cat in "Alice In Wonderland".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheshire_Cat

What makes it especially interesting is that your son was playing with it, and not you. It is after all your dream.

Ginger cats in a dream can depending on which dream interpreter you want to listen to mean lucky in money or business, love is in your heart, but I prefer the following suggestion as to its true meaning, which is highly dependent on who is dreaming it and what cats mean to them in their waking life.
As in real life, there is no such thing as a dream of cats that will provide you with a clearly defined answer. Aside from providing a look at some of the more mysterious aspects of your mind, dreams of cats can also reveal a number of hidden things going on in your life...............If you tend to dislike cats, seeing one in your dream may indicate bad luck. On the other hand, if you like them, they can represent sexuality, feminine mystique, and grace........Cats in dreams may also be interpreted based on their color. Black cats may indicate magical happenings, or bad luck depending on your personal beliefs, while white cats may symbolize protection and blessings.
http://www.gotohoroscope.com/txt/dream- ... n-cat.html

When looking up the dream meaning of ginger the color of something, be careful as most dream dictionaries are talking instead about the aromatic, pungent and spicy ginger, as is used in recipes. This other type of ginger means in a dream..........
To dream of ginger represents enthusiasm or a positive feelings about being moderate. Feeling good having a little bit of something. A sign that you just want to try something, help only a little, or are not interested in doing something as much as someone else is.
http://www.dreambible.com/dreamdictionary/g.html

I mention this because sometimes the our dream director uses plays on words or visual metaphors (images which communicate similar meanings). The color ginger could in some dreams be pointing to the same meaning as the substance ginger?

For these reasons I would not like to hazard a guess as to exactly what a ginger cat that your son is playing with (even when it is temporarily invisible) means in the language of your unconscious mind, which may be very different from what it would mean if I dreamed it instead of you.

Ask yourself whether or not you like cats in general, whether there is a ginger cat in your past that you had a special affection for, and whether seeing your son playing with one makes you feel happy or anxious. Have either of you had a bad experience with cats in the past which would make you nervous if your son played with another one (even though only in  dream)?

In the end you are the best possible interpreter of your own dreams, and their most likely meanings. Since it is your dream my bet would be that it is trying to tell you something important about your relationship with your son. Are you being overprotective of him? Cats have been associated with jealousy. Are you "jealous" of your son's innocence and purity of thought and him being a child, without having all of the responsibilities of an adult like yourself?

Let me know under this same discussion thread what you come up with, with regards to the most likely meaning of this dream.The on and off invisibility of the ginger cat in this dream suggests to me that the true meaning of these symbols is still to be fully revealed in later dreams. You are being gently and gradually eased into accepting that you cannot always protect your son from the world and other people; 24/7. He needs to make his own mistakes at times, if he is ever going to become an independent and functional adult.

May your God go with you,

EoT  :)

TamR

Reply to eye_of_tiger

Post by TamR » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:57 pm

I am very protective of my son. I can be overbearing and very strict when it comes to his education. I do want to protect him in every way that I can. He is my only child. My son loves all animals. I don't dislike cats but I don't love them either. I'm not jealous of my son's innocents. I had a rough childhood, so I work hard to make sure his life will be better. I want him to have all the tools to be able to follow his dreams. However, I don't want him to have too much to the point he wants to do nothing in the future.

I am also investing money and trying to get my book to an international publisher. Hopefully the part about luck in money and business is true too....lol.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:29 pm

I am also investing money and trying to get my book to an international publisher. Hopefully the part about luck in money and business is true too
For both of your sakes I hope that the part about the ginger cat meaning luck in money and business is also true.

Having your book accepted by a big international publisher could potentially mean greater financial security for the both of you well into the future, as well as establishing your reputation as a best selling author.

But what still puzzles me about all this is why the cat seems to be so attached to your son in the dream, instead of to you as the dreamer.

Yes I do understand that your son will always continue to be an important part of your life, and that you will do your best to protect him without at the same time overprotecting him to the extent that he is scared to live.

But with you being relatively neutral with your attitude towards cats, and having them follow your son around, one wonders what is the relationship between your son and your possible money and business success in the future, other than the obvious which is through his mother whose dream it is.

This only strengthens my belief that the story which is being played out in this dream is nowhere near being complete, and that there are deeper layers of meaning still to be explored in your dreams for weeks, months and maybe years still to come.

Keep your dream journal handy. If you do not already have one, perhaps this is a good time to begin using one.

Regards,

EoT     :)

TamR

Post by TamR » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:33 am

My son gives me the strength to not give up. I hope that his future will be great and he will go further in life than I could even imagine. I will create a dream diary and start by documenting this one. Thanks

VanessaJan

Kitty Kitty

Post by VanessaJan » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:59 am

Did the cat hurt your son in anyway? Cats usually aren't the best for me when they have appeared in a dream, I think dreammods says something about them being an enemy you need to watch out for

Return to “Dream Interpretation”