Interpret my dream please

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

TamR

Interpret my dream please

Post by TamR » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:48 pm

I dreamed that I was in a grocery store and went to the bakery department to get chocolate muffins. My son is 11 but in my dream he was 4 years old. He had a small dog that was very playful and didn't like being held. My son wanted to hold the dog and we continued shopping.

This is the 2nd dream involving my son with an animal. The last dream was of him and a ginger cat that became invisible then reappeared.

Rook

Post by Rook » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:36 pm

Hi Tam

The ginger cat dream sounds similar to the cheshire cat, what with disappearing and reappearing.  It is hard to place it's precise meaning without more content though.

In this dream could the playful dog represent your son's desire to be playful and run around, but he is restraining this natural part of his character, perhaps in the interests of "behaving"?

The grocery store could be a setting as the type of situation where he would be restraining his behavior?

Alternatively you are metaphorically searching (shopping) as a bonus (treat = chocolate muffin) for a way to get your son to restrain his playful nature and behave?

The 11 year old boy being 4 could be reinforcing his playful nature as his "inner child"?

Does that make sense at all?

Cheers,
Rook

Return to “Dream Interpretation”