Bats, and Church bells :)

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Spiritwhisperer

Bats, and Church bells :)

Post by Spiritwhisperer » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:23 am

I feel the need to get anothers interp on this dream, if I am able to, as the only thing that that keeps standing out .. is the bats.. and my head wont let me interpret the rest.. for some reason, so any help would be much appreciated. being that its the first dream in a month or more .. that i could recall every detail. (like watching a movie, and rehashing it straight away afterwards)

I was on this holiday, on this island, it was night time (in the dream.. i could see this person, who was either Me or I just knew what she was thinking ...as she didn't look like me) .. if that makes sense) It started in this hospital, where a friend (the person ive never met in real life mind you) and I were talking about something in an elevator (going down), and I commented about the church bells going off at night.

A guy gets in this elevator with us, and I could tell he was interested.. until he accidental flashes his privates at us (strange) and we get out of the elevator at the very next stop.. I separated from my friend, and walked past the church, through a football field,  (the guy from the elevator had followed me, but I lost him as I walked through a broken chain link fence,  to where I head to the house I am staying at.. which is "my" aunts (never been to this place before) in the house.. is bats.. and its a tourist attraction, and i recall these older couple, coming up the path, the older gentleman helping his wife so she didn't slip on the cobblestone path, and i stopped them, telling them the bats hadn't woken up yet.. they hadn't for days, like they were hibernating still.. although they should have been awake by this time (being it was the middle of the night).. the couple said .. oh they are normally awake.. ... then the real me.. who was watching the (other me)  thought to myself.."oh .. i need to contact a friend, to see why the bats haven't woken yet.. "

And then I woke up..

All details, are still vivid, the garden outside the "aunts" house. the smells, the buildings, the house looked down on the town, and I could see every building,

Any thoughts, would be great :)
"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience."

"be the change you wish to see in the world" Ghandi

Rook

Post by Rook » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:54 am

Hi Spiritwhisperer,

Here are my thoughts on this dream.

I am suspecting that the dream is referring to an online scenario.  The reasons are;

The friend that you know but have never met.
The character that represents you but does not look like you.
Exiting through the broken chain link fence – you exit by breaking the “link”

Another suspicion I have is that it represents your spiritual activities.  The key here is in what you pass on the way out.  A church (spirit) and an oval (exercise).  The hospital is clear in relation to some healing process.

What I am seeing unfolding is a conversation in an online environment, something spiritual due to the raising of the church bells at night.  The bells could mean it is something that resonates with you, or some achievement or significant realisation.  The night time is also specific for some reason.  It could be due to you undertaking online activities during the night?  Or it could be a reference to dreams, which I would find interesting tying into the location being on an island, as this symbol often represents my dream work in my own interpretation.  That said I don’t feel I fully understand this symbol just yet.

The elevator is interesting, a small room that moves up and down between levels.  I don’t see the exact relation yet.

The third person enters and exposes something private and personal to you.  It is not as though he intentionally did it, but it perhaps made you uncomfortable?  Hence you leave at the next stop and break the link.

I am not sure yet about the aunt’s house, nor the bats.  I would be interested in your take on this.  As creatures of the night I would again associate this with dreams, that they are not active suggests that you are not dreaming, and are perhaps frustrated as you are not remembering them?  This fits with what you said about this being the only dream you have remembered in a while.

Does any of this make sense or am I off track?

Sweet dreams,
Rook

Spiritwhisperer

Post by Spiritwhisperer » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:31 am

Hi my friend Rook :)
The friend that you know but have never met.
The character that represents you but does not look like you.
Exiting through the broken chain link fence – you exit by breaking the “link”
It is interesting, and I would say yes, you are right, i found it hard to break down this dream, and try and rehash it in a line, as there was just so many details, I put in here.. all that seemed to be important..  
but yes, you are more than right with the online scenarios. and perhaps crossed with my spiritual self as well.
Another suspicion I have is that it represents your spiritual activities.  The key here is in what you pass on the way out.  A church (spirit) and an oval (exercise).  The hospital is clear in relation to some healing process.
Without saying too much, yes, the healing does make perfect sense and as to why it was in the dream. . So now wondering, is it, I need to exercise more spiritually, or is being, that I passed through it, that i have moved on a step. hmm. something to ponder on.
What I am seeing unfolding is a conversation in an online environment, something spiritual due to the raising of the church bells at night.  The bells could mean it is something that resonates with you, or some achievement or significant realisation.  The night time is also specific for some reason.  It could be due to you undertaking online activities during the night?  Or it could be a reference to dreams, which I would find interesting tying into the location being on an island, as this symbol often represents my dream work in my own interpretation.  That said I don’t feel I fully understand this symbol just yet.
Night time, I think, to me in dreams, can say things are unclear, that its dark, but then, me personally, im a night owl, i find clarity and peace of a night, as the world seems to slow down a bit.. and being the person that I am.. I find calm. so would it be that night, be representing that calm, or clarity that is around.. or is it hiding somethign from me..
the island. yes although, looking down on the town from the "aunts " house.. i couldnt see it as an island.. but it felt that way.. i keep thinking on that quote.. no man is an island.. but not sure.. as it must have some thing with it, as it stood out a shade.. could be that feeling I have.. or the distance.. from the online people.
The elevator is interesting, a small room that moves up and down between levels.  I don’t see the exact relation yet.
Im not sure on this one to be honest as my mind has gone walkabouts on interpretations... had it been stairs, yes.. but an elevator.. (that im scared of mind you in life.. but in the dream.. calm as a cucumber) I am not sure how its meant to fit.  
I am not sure yet about the aunt’s house, nor the bats.  I would be interested in your take on this.  As creatures of the night I would again associate this with dreams, that they are not active suggests that you are not dreaming, and are perhaps frustrated as you are not remembering them?  This fits with what you said about this being the only dream you have remembered in a while.
Bats I keep thinking rodents, but for them to not be awake.. coming out of hibernation, (or is that more a bear.. lol) appears the strange part.. being asleep longer than they should.. days in fact..

but that frustration that something is not happening the way it is meant to .. by the bats not waking up.. makes me think that you are right with it representing dreams. yes, I used to dream a lot, and to me my dreams were my opening up spiritually, so yes, yes you are right there, that in this scenario, the bats . represent the night time dreams, (i was known for my dreams in some cases.. lol) , if I am not dreaming, (or at least remembering my dreams) then im missing something (seen by the night time) aunts house.. (houses.. can symbolise ones self..not sure on the aunts part though)

so am i missing this "something" because of distracting myself, by talking to friends online, or is that aiding me.. hmm.
Does any of this make sense or am I off track?
you were on the right track. perfectly.. just needed that other person to help with the interpretaion. and many many thanks Rook. :)

SW :)
"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience."

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

You have bats in your belfry? Nasty!

Post by eye_of_tiger » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:37 am

Dear SW,

Having bats in your belfry (bell tower, including that of a church) does not necessarily always mean that you are crazy.

It can also be interpreted as meaning that you are blind to or are missing some important detail which seems obvious to everyone but yourself.

Yes I do realise that in the dream the bats were in your aunt's house, which appeared to be separated from the church where the bells were, but you could presumably still hear or see the church and bells from her house so the separation is only small and relatively insignificant.

A gifted dream interpreter such as our esteemed friend Rook can often see important details which you cannot in your dreams, and compassionately point you in the right direction to recognising them yourself and applying what you learn from them in your daily life.

Some of the most well known bats are vampires. They feed on blood.

Blood is often seen as representing our life force. Loss of blood drains it away.

Whatever important detail of your personality this dream is pointing to could be without you knowing it is happening progressively sucking you dry of your vital energies, or your motivation to keep going in spite of the many challenges being presented to you.

To see your aunt in your dream represents family connection, heritage and value.

A dream house is symbolic of the Self.

I would interpret your aunt's house in a dream as representing your relationships or connections with other members of your own family, including but not necessarily restricted to your relationship with your mother or father's sister.

Was your aunt or another family member a particularly religious person, and did this often cause increased friction between you?

EoT Image

Spiritwhisperer

Post by Spiritwhisperer » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:17 am

I would interpret your aunt's house in a dream as representing your relationships or connections with other members of your own family, including but not necessarily restricted to your relationship with your mother or father's sister.

Was your aunt or another family member a particularly religious person, and did this often cause increased friction between you?
Yes, it appears, i did need the both of you to guide me in the right direction, the bats, draining me dry, in connection with Rooks interpretation on the rest of the dream, does make a lot of sense>

a friend, that I class as family that fits the bill of aunt, that I talk to via emails, yes, religious, and yes, can cause conflicts, only because, they dont understand my way, while Im open minded to all .. so i guess draining, ... at times, as although I dont discuss. as its not my path to change peoples views, just finding it hard..but hey, such is life sometimes .. lol
. so I do understand all that is said here. and thank you for your input .. very much appreciated.. as always :)

L&L

Spiritwhisperer

Post by Spiritwhisperer » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:31 am

and thank you both, it is great to get more of an idea of how others see symbols in dreams, i must remember to think outside my square :)

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:31 pm

You are as always welcome.

I believe that you are far from being the only person on this site who has experienced some level of conflict with someone close to you,  over their insistence to force theiir religious beliefs onto you.

Sweet dreams (this time preferrably minus the bats),

EoT  :smt079

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:35 pm

You are as always welcome.

I believe that you are far from being the only person on this site who has experienced some level of conflict with someone close to you,  over their insistence to force theiir religious beliefs onto you.

Sweet dreams (this time preferrably minus the bats),

EoT  :smt079

lovelyricha1

Post by lovelyricha1 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:17 pm

wow, I just went through this thread and felt a kind of deja vu because I remember last year having similar dreams-minus the bats! There was hospital and a friend of mine and a church and fields and so when i was reading this,I felt like ,wow someone else is also having these kind of dreams :D I am just going through the interpretation..this is very helpful :)

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:08 am

Richa,

Welcome to the discussion.

I am very pleased to hear this.

It is not highly unusual for a posting for someone to also unintentionally help other people, who may be having similar experiences.

This is exactly the reason why we encourage you to post and ask your questions on the forum itself, instead of through private messages or emails where other members cannot see our comments or answers.

The absence of the bats in your dreams could according to the explanation given above mean that you do not need as much to be made aware of these issues, or are not already as emotionally blind to their potential negative effects in your waking life.

This is not a criticism of SpiritWhisperer for not being consciously aware of such matters and needing to be told them instead through her dreams, as most of us suffer sometime to some degree with multiple emotional blind spots.

They are frequently just in different areas.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" should be changed to "let whoever is completely without any emotional blind spots of his or her own be the first to criticise another person for having the same common human weakness".

EoT :smt003

lovelyricha1

Post by lovelyricha1 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:46 am

that makes sense :) it is nice to feel this sense of connectivity, makes me feel connected to humanity and that is an amazing feeling :)

Return to “Dream Interpretation”