Another rant

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Queenj1737

Another rant

Post by Queenj1737 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:46 pm

I had another dream the other night. I don't remember much, but I do remember driving a car. Even though I was in my right mind, I felt like I was drunk and unable to really do anything. It was raining hard outside and dark, even though it was the daytime. I could see myself about to crash into the car in front of me, but I couldn't do anything to stop myself. I felt that drugged. These crazy crazy dreams of mine.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Not a crazy dream

Post by eye_of_tiger » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:43 am

Queen,

Driving your car in a dream is thought to represent your ambition, your drive and your ability to navigate from one stage of your life to another.

It sounds like the dream is stating the obvious - that you are experiencing considerable difficulties in staying on course or to keep going in the right direction towards your eventual healing.

A car is a vehicle, or means of transport for getting from point A to point B.

Just as your physical body is also a vehicle which enables your living spirit to move around in, and interact with the physical world.

I believe that your dream is NOT stating the obvious with the intention to make you like yourself even less than you already do. It is NOT saying these things to make you feel that your situation is even more hopeless.

From what you have told me about this dream as well as what we have discussed in private, I think that it was meant to encourage you to never give up on life, or on yourself.

Although this is always easier for me to tell you this, than for you to do it every day of your life.

Sometimes in our lives we need someone else's help to get us back on course, and to keep us going in the right direction. It is my strong belief that it was neither a coincidence nor random event that you came to Mystic Board at this particular stage in your recovery from depression, and registered as a member.

This car dream only further convinces me that the people on this site (including myself) were meant to be amongst those people who would offer you a steadying and comforting hand, to help you get back on course and encourage you to keep going in the best direction for you.

I am suggesting that your inner teacher guided you here specifically for that purpose, because you have been making a special effort through your daily exercise to keep going in the face of obstacles and setbacks which could have easily destroyed a lesser person than your good self. That dream was only a signpost showing you that you have just arrived in the best place for you for the moment, at this stage of your journey.

Loving regards,

EoT  :smt007

Rook

Post by Rook » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:18 am

Hi Queen

I agree with EoT; the dream seems to indicate difficulty in your direction in life.  The trouble is you can not see clearly.  Why?  Well perhaps I can cheat a little from EoT's comments but the rain (crying) and darkness (depression) indicates this is what is obstructing your vision for your life path.

Having experienced a period of depression myself, complete with self-fulfilling negative thoughts and attitudes, and having pulled myself out of it I can understand the symbology in this dream and the "drugged" feeling associated with it.

The dream is only stating the situation / circumstances and doesn't seem to show the path forward, but other dreams might do so feel free to post any further dreams.  Regardless I think EoT provides some good advice.  If you ever want to discuss feel free to PM me or post.

Best wishes,
Rook

Rohiniranjan

Re: Another rant

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:24 pm

Queenj1737 wrote:I had another dream the other night. I don't remember much, but I do remember driving a car. Even though I was in my right mind, I felt like I was drunk and unable to really do anything. It was raining hard outside and dark, even though it was the daytime. I could see myself about to crash into the car in front of me, but I couldn't do anything to stop myself. I felt that drugged. These crazy crazy dreams of mine.
A feeling of inadequacy, insecurity and a deeply-felt need for changes within and around you.
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Queenj1737

Post by Queenj1737 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:26 pm

Rook wrote:Hi Queen

I agree with EoT; the dream seems to indicate difficulty in your direction in life.  The trouble is you can not see clearly.  Why?  Well perhaps I can cheat a little from EoT's comments but the rain (crying) and darkness (depression) indicates this is what is obstructing your vision for your life path.

Having experienced a period of depression myself, complete with self-fulfilling negative thoughts and attitudes, and having pulled myself out of it I can understand the symbology in this dream and the "drugged" feeling associated with it.

The dream is only stating the situation / circumstances and doesn't seem to show the path forward, but other dreams might do so feel free to post any further dreams.  Regardless I think EoT provides some good advice.  If you ever want to discuss feel free to PM me or post.

Best wishes,
Rook
This kind of explains my waking feelings to a tee. I never would have associated the rain with tears, but I can definitely see how it being dark outside can be associated with depression.

Thanks EoT for the analysis. I had to read it a few times to see if it really correlated with what's going on in my life

Queenj1737

Post by Queenj1737 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:27 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
Queenj1737 wrote:I had another dream the other night. I don't remember much, but I do remember driving a car. Even though I was in my right mind, I felt like I was drunk and unable to really do anything. It was raining hard outside and dark, even though it was the daytime. I could see myself about to crash into the car in front of me, but I couldn't do anything to stop myself. I felt that drugged. These crazy crazy dreams of mine.
A feeling of inadequacy, insecurity and a deeply-felt need for changes within and around you.
You are spot-on about the deeply-felt need for change. Everyday, I literally think, "There's got to be more in store for me."

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:27 pm

Queenj1737 wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
You are spot-on about the deeply-felt need for change. Everyday, I literally think, "There's got to be more in store for me."
Yes, but leaving things at that would not get you ahead or some potential tapped! Perhaps that is where role of counselling (and I do not mean psychological, but more like career-counselling or even divinatory counselling) comes in and may have a role to play. But, it must not be done in a haphazard way. One may get lucky in finding the right way, but that is not generally a given!

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

An appeal from your moderator

Post by eye_of_tiger » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:50 pm

This is slightly off topic, but could I please suggest that members not always quote an entire message in their response?

It should only be necessary to quote the section(s) of the other member's posting which is/are directly relevant to the point which you are attempting to make.

If this is happening because as I also do you prefer to have their message in front of you when giving your response, please delete it immediately before pressing the submit button.

That last posting was a quote within a quote within a quote.

This is only adding wasted space to the size of the final effort stored in the forum database, and I doubt that the practice is making it any easier for anyone to understand what you are getting at.

Thank you in advance for your co-operation in this delicate matter.

I certainly do not wish to offend anyone by my observations or make you stop posting to the forums completely,  but this is now happening on a regular basis on several forums in addition to this one and it is making my task of moderating that much more difficult than it should otherwise be.

EoT

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

An appeal from your moderator

Post by eye_of_tiger » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:51 pm

This is slightly off topic, but could I please suggest that members not always quote an entire message in their response?

It should only be necessary to quote the section(s) of the other member's posting which is/are directly relevant to the point which you are attempting to make.

If this is happening because as I also do you prefer to have their message in front of you when giving your response, please delete it immediately before pressing the submit button.

That last posting was a quote within a quote within a quote.

This is only adding wasted space to the size of the final effort stored in the forum database, and I doubt that the practice is making it any easier for anyone to understand what you are getting at.

Thank you in advance for your co-operation in this delicate matter.

I certainly do not wish to offend anyone by my observations or make you stop posting to the forums completely,  but this is now happening on a regular basis on several forums in addition to this one and it is making my task of moderating that much more difficult than it should otherwise be.

EoT

Rohiniranjan

Re: An appeal from your moderator

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:18 am

eye_of_tiger wrote:This is slightly off topic, but could I please suggest that members not always quote an entire message in their response?...
EoT
If you were being critical (in duplicate! ;-)) about my 'last'response, that was simply stated rather uncalled for, since even with the quotations, the entire message and response was rather small. However, I am all for the principle of saving bandwidth of the forum and have seen infractions way larger than mine (even ignoring duplicate postings!) that strangely have remained unnoticed!

Makes me wonder and curious ... <LOL>

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

Return to “Dream Interpretation”