Dream I had for many years......

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Miss. A

Dream I had for many years......

Post by Miss. A » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:33 pm

I used to have a recurring dream about standing on a beach and when I looked down at what should have been the sand, it was a colourful map of the world. Afterwards I would look up out to sea and find that there was a tiny island off in the distance with a lion standing on it. I would wish to be on the island and to be with the lion but when I closed my eyes and made the wish, I would be on the Island and the lion was now on the sand. The dream consisted of me trying to get to the lion but we just kept trading places. I had that dream a lot all through childhood and up to my early 20's. I haven't had it since but it still have no idea what it all meant! lol.

Rook

Post by Rook » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:15 am

Hi Miss A.

This dream could have come from my own journal - I am a cartographer by trade so I draw maps all day long.  I also frequently dream of lions, likewise, more in my teens to twenties than I do now.  But the lion seemed to turn out to be my partner, she is often referenced in my dreams as a lion.

In your case the lion may be different.

I get the feeling the map of the world on the beach, this is the real world and your place in it.  Out to sea you see an island that you want to be on with the lion.  I get the feeling it is like a place you want to be, but this place is a place of fantasy (hence an island away from the "real world"; reinforced by going there by wishing).  The lion seems to have a mirage effect - as in the closer you get the further away it seems, or a mirror effect, hence the swapping places.

It is not really a clear interpretation of a real world issue, I feel it is more related to your personal development - I find these dreams both the most interesting, as well as the hardest to interpret.  The questions I would be asking is;

What do you long for / where do you wish to be (or did at the time you dreamt them)?

What is the lion in your life (most likely in some way related to the answer to the previous question)?  Is it a person you know, is it you?  Is it a part of your personality (honour/pride/king of the jungle)?

Hope that helps in some way.

Sweet dreams,
Rook

Miss. A

Post by Miss. A » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:16 pm

Hi Rook! Thanks for taking an interest in my dream and for your interpretation. It's very interesting to hear about your dream experiences with the Lion and interesting to hear you say it represents your parter! :)

Well......I met a man online who was a Leo and from Canada. We hit it off which for me is odd because we were exact opposites and I have only ever had relationships with men who are a lot like me! After meeting this Leo man, the dream stopped happening. I told him about the dream and how it had suddenly stopped and he joked about how the lion in the dream must have represented him. He joked that now we had found each other, the dream was no longer relevant.

Well, I contacted a psychic one day and she told me about Mr. Leo without me saying anything about him telling me that he was supposedly Mr. Right! Sadly and shortly after, he disappeared and stopped contacting me and I have never seen or heard from him since.

Whether or not that actually had something to do with my dream is debatable, but I do like your interpretation and you could in fact be on to something! It's made me think about the dream on a more in depth level anyway so thank you!

Sweet dreams to you as well Rook and take care! :)

Rook

Post by Rook » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:43 am

Hi Miss A.

You know what they say - opposites attract.  How appropriate the Lion representing the Leo man.  As my partner, she is a Leo.  I never thought about that.

In my case my partner is not really similar to me, but our personalities complement each other rather well.  Where I am a quiet, rational pacifist, she is in touch with her emotions, and aggressive in chasing what she wants.  I temper her, add some rational thought and reason, and she encourages me to stand up for what I want and motivates me to pursue my goals.  We do share a wicked sense of humour though, and are both not overly social, so we are happy to spend our time in our hermitude.  My point is you don't have to be the same as your ideal partner, but compliment them with some shared lifestyle ideals.

I wonder if in your case, the lion is not representing that person perhaps, but rather the personality profile associated with a Leo - and that it is a good match for your personality.  Or perhaps it is related to future events.  Growing up in a strongly scientific family I had a strong education in what is factual, but my delving into dream interpretation has opened my mind to other possibilities.  Perhaps the dream was referencing this event.  Perhaps this man will resurface again, or perhaps his life has served its purpose in yours already.  As you said - it is debatable, and too hard for me to say with any sense of certainty.  Maybe EoT will pick up something.

Interesting that he is in the "online" world.  This fits with the lion always appearing in the distance.  No matter how much you search and travel - this man will always appear off in the distance because he doesn't really physically exist to you - at least until you would agree to meet in person.  That seems to fit in with the dream.  Fascinating.

Looking forward to any other dreams you may post in the future.

Cheers,
Rook

Miss. A

Post by Miss. A » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:47 am

Hi again Rook!

Wow about your partner. Perhaps lions in dreams really do represent Leo's! lol! Yes, they do say opposites attract and it's obviously for a reason which you have shown me in your example of your relationship with your partner. I must say, this leo man and I really did balance each other out. I certainly felt that special connection with him and I wish I knew why he left all of a sudden.

If this dream actually does have something to do with the Leo man I met, I think you might be right about the lion being in the distance relating to the whole "online" factor and me not being able to meet him in real. Though, as you also stated, it could be relating to Leo's in general. That's interesting about your family and how you've taken such an interest in dream interpretation. It is rather fascinating and fun to analyse your own dreams and dreams in general and to figure out their hidden meanings/messages.

Well, thanks again Rook and I look forward to more posts/chats with you. :D

Abbey.

Return to “Dream Interpretation”