Getting stuck in dreams

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

skytraveler

Getting stuck in dreams

Post by skytraveler » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:33 am

Not being able to tell if they are dreams wouldn't be a problem except that i have trouble waking up, sometimes this causes me to sleep many more hours then normal or sleep thru alarms. To wake up I have to convince myself it's a dream and that takes awhile for me. If anyone has any tips on how to get out of the dream I'm stuck in I'd be very grateful.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:36 am

Hey SkyTraveler,

Without knowing your complete medical profile which is only your and your doctor's business, it is difficult and potentially misleading for me to be advising you about the best way of forcing a true wake up from your dream state.

Please see your doctor about possible sleep apnea (where the person may temporarily forget to breathe several times a night), narcolepsy, depression, sleep disorders, any reasons which you can think of for a sudden change in your sleeping patterns or the time you go to bed at night, possible effects of medications, unusual worries and stresses, foods regularly consumed within two hours before going to bed, false awakenings, "sleep paralysis" (not real paralysis)................ etc.

Also in your sleep do something to yourself that would normally cause you to feel some but not too much pain, if you did it while you were awake.

Unless there is something yet to be identified in co-operation with your doctor preventing this from working, often pinching yourself hard in a dream is all that is needed to make your body wake up at the same time as your mind does.

In so called sleep paralysis your mind wakes up, but for some reason still to be established, your body does not. Not being your doctor, I feel that sleep paralysis is the most likely culprit here for your waking difficulties.  

EoT   :smt115

Return to “Dream Interpretation”