Bear turning into wolf

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Ch1cK012

Bear turning into wolf

Post by Ch1cK012 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:02 pm

In my dream I'm out in the woods watching the stars and taking pictures when I notice a forest fire rapidly spspreading but I'm not afraid because somehow I know the fire is heading away from me. I then see the fifire climb up a water tower and start engulfing it in flames but other than that nothing else happens, the water tower keeps burning and burning. I start taking pictures for my girlfriend because I want to show her the view and how cool the burning water tower is, when I spot a bear a few feet away from me.

It doesn't notice me and I feel safe for some reason so I go on my knee and snap a picture of it but then it suddenly looks up at me with this fire in its eyes and it stars charging towards me; I start backing away and then start running to where my dad and the rest of his family are sitting and I stop short of their table and turn around only to see the bear standing a little below me, just staring at me. Then it starts growling and roaring and Itried to me myself look as bog as I can to maybe scare it away and it was woworking but then it suddenly lunged at me and I got a sharp piece of glass from the ground and when I turned around I saw the bear had transformed into a white and grey dire wolf. It kept trying to bite and claw at me. It lunged for my neck and I cut its own neck but it just kept going  o matter how man times I mortally injured. I was holding the glass so tightly that I was cutting myself as well and there was blood everywhere. Then the dire wolf changed back into a bear and ran off into the woods...

I was just wondering if maybe somebody could shine some light on the symbolism of my dream or anything like that?

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:05 pm

Your dream is fairly complex and rich in symbolism, so interpreting the most likely meaning to you of each individual symbol could be an exercise in frustration, as each of them needs to be interpreted in the context of all the others in the same dream. This is rather like attempting to give a Tarot reading based on one card, when you must always look at all the others in the spread to appreciate the bigger picture.

A raging forest fire which consumes almost everything in its path, including one of the main means of protecting us from just such a situation in the form of the water tower?

Surprisingly to me a forest fire appearing in your dream is normally a positive symbol. If in your dream you see a burning, raging forest fire then this is regarded as a symbol of success and great things to come in your life shortly. If the water tower is seen as standing in the way of that fire, then perhaps it symbolizes aspects of your own personality that have up until now stood in the way of you being successful. That is of course success according to your meaning of what success is. So far it sounds as though success is about to be yours, in spite of your understandable fears and doubts which have up until recently held you back from achieving your desired goals.

You start taking pictures for your girlfriend because you want to show her the view and how cool the burning water tower is, when you spot a bear a few feet away from you?

To dream that you are taking a picture suggests that you need to focus more attention on some situation or relationship. Perhaps, you feel that you need to recapture some past moments in a relationship. Alternatively, taking a picture refers to your desires to hold onto a certain moment in your life. If you are trying to take a picture, but people are standing in your way, then it means that outside influences are not letting you focus on your goals and what you really need to do.

The fact that you are taking the photos for your girlfriend does lead me to think that it is your relationship with her (or problems between you) to which this aspect of your dream is referring. You symbolically want to draw your girlfriend's attention to your difficult perilous situation (cool could mean to cool things down between you, when a bear appears a few feet away from both of you. To see a bear in your dream can amongst other things represent independence, strength, death and renewal, and/or resurrection. Bears are symbolic of the cycle of life. You may also be undergoing a period of introspection and thinking. It is only when you try to snap a photo of the dream bear that it  starts charging at you with the fire of anger in its eyes. Up until then it had not even noticed the two of you. To dream that you are being pursued or attacked by a bear denotes anger and your uncontrolled aggression. You are feeling trapped. Perhaps you are in an threatening situation, some overwhelming obstacle or domineering and possessive relationship.

You start backing away and then start running to where your dad and the rest of his family are sitting and you stop short of their table and turn around only to see the bear standing a little below you, just staring at you?

Obviously you are frightened of the bear, with gruesome thoughts of what damage it could do to you if it caught you running through your mind. So in your dream you are returning or retreating to the security and comforting familiarity of your own family, but never quite getting there, because the bear has finally caught up with you. You You are being confronted by a situation within your relationship with your girlfriend, which you can no longer ignore or escape from? This is really no picnic. This is difficult for you to have to deal with and needs, urgent attention if your relationship is to continue over the longer term.

Then it starts growling and roaring and you tried to make yourself look as big as you could to maybe scare it away and it was working but then it suddenly lunged at you and you got a sharp piece of glass from the ground and when you turned around you saw the bear had transformed into a white and grey dire wolf?  

You tried to basically bluff your way out of the situation by making yourself look stronger than you really are deep down. And your bluff seemed to be working, up until  when it suddenly lunged at you.  To see broken glass in your dream frequently signifies disappointments and negative changes in your life. Alternatively, it could be symbolic of an aspect of your life that is in pieces. A relationship or situation has come to an abrupt and untimely end. Note that this does not have to necessarily mean the end of the whole relationship. It could equally mean the end of that particular phase of your relationship. You tried to use the broken glass as a means of defence against having to confront your relationship problems, but this only ended up making the bear transform into  wolf. A gray wolf can remind us to keep the balance within ourselves and the connections we have with family and friends (and lovers). It can also remind us to pay more attention to the spiritual growth which we are making.

A wolf is often a symbol for a man who steals your partner away from you, so possibly by trying to avoid facing the truth you are potentially making losing your girlfriend to another man more likely. So the bear transforming itself into a wolf could mean that your greatest fear and growing sense of insecurity about the future of this relationship has now been revealed. That is that by trying to avoid having to deal with your relationship issues you could be unintentionally driving the woman whom you love dearly into the arms of a stranger. By not standing up to your fears you could be bringing about your greatest fear, which is losing her love for you to someone else.

It lunged for your neck and you cut its own neck but it just kept going  no matter how man times you mortally injured it. You were holding the glass so tightly that you were cutting yourself as well and there was blood everywhere. Then the dire wolf changed back into a bear and ran off into the woods?

No matter how hard you resisted it it just kept coming at you with even greater rage and ferocity. For a long time your weapon to be used against losing your girlfriend to another man did not appear to be having any significant impact in stopping this from happening, but finally after you persevered with your defence the wolf reverted back to the original bear once again. I would interpret this to mean that whatever the problems you are currently experiencing within your relationship with your girl friend, you will eventually if you do not prematurely give up wear them down to the point that they are once more relatively manageable.

It is only when you allow your fears about losing her to someone else (which have no basis in reality) prevent or block you from progressively working on these relationship issues that the symbolic wolf once again rears its ugly head. While the bear is still there your relationship problems are reasonably manageable, but when the wolf reemerges your anxieties about losing her can frequently get the better of your ability to make rational decisions about how to fix the problems which exist between you and your current girlfriend.

Does any of this help you to better understand the most likely meaning of these specific dream symbols, with special reference to you wanting to improve your relationship with your girlfriend, but not knowing exactly how to do this? I await your feedback and comments.

Cheers,

EoT  :smt064

Rook

Post by Rook » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:18 pm

Hi Chick

I am on holidays at the moment, but have a moment to share what I see in addition to what EoT has stated.

The forest fire - I believe South Africa is similar to Australia where fire, though bringing temporary destruction, has been adapted by the flora to be a necessary part of growth.  This is what I see the fire as being, a symbol of change/transformation necessary for your growth.

It is also a strong spiritual symbol being the spiritual symbol of the earth-water-air-fire symbol system - though I am not sure if it applies here.  It well may do, it depends on what transformations you are personally going through at the moment.

It could also be a symbol of conflict, given the conflict theme with the bear.

The fire is consuming the water tank.  This is held up in the air, and is important to life.  But the fire is consuming the support.  I believe the water is emotion in this case.  The fire (changes/conflict) are consuming (eroding?) an emotional support that you hold in "high" regard hence it's elevated status.  I suspect this is related to the bear, and as your girlfriend is an important figure in the dream as you are taking photos for her, I suspect she is the one held in high regard that is being eroded.  For this reason I am starting to suspect she is the bear character.

I see photographs, as EoT has stated, as being capturing memories shared with your girlfriend.  I suspect you are celebrating whatever this change is in your life, but these changes are also leading to the conflict with the bear.  She is angry.  Perhaps you are not spending as much time with her because of this change?  Sort of like "Look what I am doing!" and she is like "But what about me!"

There is the seeking comfort from the family, but you just need family support behind you in your confrontation with the bear?  You don't need anyone acting on your behalf.  Fighting takes place between you and the bear.  Note the importance of the fighting to the neck here.  The neck in the chakra system is the chakra all about communication for good reason, it is where our voice box is, what we use to communicate.  This is the reason that, although you deal fatal blows, these blows are actually verbal, and seems to symbolise an argument.  Although you express your point in what you consider a pretty concise way the fight continues.  That's pretty normal for a lovers tiff if you ask me.  Two different points of view articulated clearly, yet the other side fail to consider the others point of view until later.

What I am curious about is why the bear turns to a wolf and back again.  The only thing I can come up with is that the bear is a solitary animal, while the wolf hunts in packs.  I suspect that the bear that starts to calm down and not attack you but just stares at you, attacks when it changes to a dire wolf.  This suggests perhaps the girlfriend sees your point of view but is stirred into action when in a pack, ie she may be under the influence of a group of people?

The cutting with the glass also cuts you.  Words can be double edged, perhaps you are saying things that not only hurt the wolf but are hurting yourself as well?  Things you may regret, or are emotionally painful to admit to?  Or alternatively, things that may come back on you later?

For the time I have that is pretty much all I have.

Cheers,
Rook

Return to “Dream Interpretation”