Dream about lion eating my dog and then hiding in my house.

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Sladejake

Dream about lion eating my dog and then hiding in my house.

Post by Sladejake » Sun May 10, 2015 5:23 pm

I had a dream that I was at this house and there was a big backyard for the dog to run around in. In the back yard I would run around with him and off in the distance. I see in the tree line these people with what seemed to look like great danes. For some reason I got scared and I decided to go inside with the dog.

Then the night came and it was a bit scary in the house. I went to the living room where I found the lion eating my dog. I mainly saw the ribs and well as if the corpse had been eaten.
I then peek out of the door and I look into the living room and I see the lion's silhouette just kind of sitting there. Staring at me. I peeked again and there were more animals in the room. By the way the room was dark and was slightly lit by the light from my bedroom.

Really curious to hear your interpretations.

Rook

Post by Rook » Mon May 11, 2015 9:04 am

Hi Slade

Nothing comes to me immediately, but I suspect it is referring to what is happening to you in social circumstances.  That being the dog is "man's best friend" and in the wild work in packs - the people at the tree line with the great danes - perhaps you see others as better than you and are intimidated, hence retreat from social situations?  Not sure exactly.

Going back inside this is representing what is happening inside you.  Your dog (social side) is being consumed by the lion.  Still have to figure out exactly what this lion represents.  Night time suggests unconscious so you might not be consciously aware of this psychological process.

The other animals to me could be representing other consequences of the 'lion eating the dog', or they could represent other factors leading to it.  I am thinking consequences as they appear after the lion eats the dog.

I will keep you posted on what I fathom.

Cheers,
Rook

Sladejake

Post by Sladejake » Mon May 11, 2015 4:44 pm

Yeah after the dog was eaten by the lion. It started trying to find me in my house.
Like it started stalking me. And I hid in the room that I was sleeping in. It was kind of like a nightmare actually.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Does this help?

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon May 11, 2015 11:56 pm

Rook,

Is the following information any help to you in interpreting our friend Jake's dream?
In the realm of spirit animals, the lion wins the prize for most relentless fighter in the face of life challenges. The lion spirit animal represents courage, strength in overcoming difficulties. The presence of this power animal could also mean that something “wild” or difficult to control is happening. As such, lions symbolizes emotions that are difficult to manage, such a anger or fear.
http://www.spiritanimal.info/lion-spirit-animal/

Regards to you both,

EoT  Image  Image

Rook

Post by Rook » Tue May 12, 2015 6:37 am

Thanks EoT, that indeed does help.  In particular the section that stood out was;
The presence of this power animal could also mean something "wild" or difficult to control is happening.
Having re-read the original dream there is a very strong repeated symbol of the unconscious.  The symbol of nighttime; the darkness of the room, the silhouette of the lion.  Perhaps you are just becoming aware that there is something behind the reason you act the way you do; this fits with your personal quest to better understand yourself.

Interestingly the Green Lion of alchemy, according to Samael Aun Weor - represents "the Innermost of everyone."

Further on that note psychologically I found a bunch of interesting quotes here: [no external links allowed]

but I would like to focus on this one:
Marie-Louise von Franz: Some people have a frustrated infant within them. [Such] people compensate by being very correct [and polite], knowing that if they admit their demands then the devouring lion will come up and the [other person] will natually hit back, something which they have experienced often in life when, after hiding their feelings, they one day took the risk and as a result got banged on the head. So the hurt child returns once more, bitterly frustrated, and then comes the depression, the devouring lion. This is a part of primitive nature, of primitive archaic reactions which have all the conflicts of wanting to eat and not being able to do so, so that the depressive mania takes over (Fabricius 1976, p. 105-6).
So what the hell does that mean?  In relation to this dream it suggests to me that in the past perhaps you have encountered some negative social experiences when you have shared your feelings and as a result "got banged on the head".  In other words there was some sort of backlash where you (probably unconsciously) decided "well I ain't doing that again..."

Thus rather than sharing feelings they become repressed, which is a chaotic spiral, because you need to talk about these repressed feelings to let them out but can't share it because of this pre-programmed response, which creates a bigger problem, which you can't share because when it comes to sharing your feelings it is something you don't do and repress, and so on, and so on, and so on.  Sort of a snow balling problem cycle.

I wonder if the dream with the mother over sharing your problems has anything to do with it?  Now if this is the case your mother might not even be aware she does this, and that it upsets you.  I was taught that when analysing such issues it is important not to blame whatever happened in the past - it is not about figuring out who to blame for the reason you are who you are, but rather coming to understand who you are because of what has happened in the past and being able to transcend any difficulties to become the person you should be, if that makes sense?  Nobody is perfect, and there is no such thing as a perfect parent.

Bringing this back to the earlier encounter with the dog in the yard, and EoT's suggestion the lion could be representing the emotion of fear - explaining why you are afraid of social situations.  It is related to the symbol of the great dane - a noble, big breed of dog - perhaps it is the case that you see others as being better than you in a general way?  You are afraid of social situations, your social situation is consumed by an unconscious, powerful fear that is difficult to control.

How do you feel about yourself in comparison to others?  Do you feel like a smaller person surrounded by great danes?  Are you afraid you won't live up to other's social expectations?

Cheers,
Rook

Sladejake

Post by Sladejake » Tue May 12, 2015 5:10 pm

I guess yeah, I do feel lower than everyone else. That someone that would be inadequate would be better than me.
And about the social expectations. Kind of, it's hard to say to be honest.
But the part that gets me is the frustrated child. I guess that's kind of how I feel on my way to adult hood. And yeah, I do kind of repress my feelings.
But if the lion may represents an emotional fear or insecurity. Then what does the dog mean and why is the lion consuming him? I'm very eager to hear your interpretation.

Rook

Post by Rook » Fri May 15, 2015 2:39 am

Hi Slade

The dog is representing the aspect of your life regarding friends and social situations.  This is because dog is man's best friend, dogs hunt in packs, work with others together to achieve survival.

This is where I guessed that you were intimidated by others as on the tree line all the other dogs are great danes.  You are intimidated and retreat.  If in the dream you had seen these dogs in more detail I imagine they would have changed form.  But it is this fear / intimidation that is the lion later in the dream.  This is why the lion eats the dog.  Your friends and social opportunities are being consumed by fear.

That is where the frustrated child comes into play.  He is the reason why you retreat.  He is the reason why you see others as better than you.

I have met a lot of people and I have never met anyone who is worse than inadequate.  I have at times met people who are inadequate for the job they might be doing; but these people just don't know themselves, know what their skills are, and generally have let someone else tell them what they should be doing rather than using the skills they have in this life to express themselves and their life.  I know a lot of people who only see their faults and their mistakes, and don't see themselves for who they are and what they are good at - hence what they should do with their lives.

With all the people I have met, some who are very intelligent, others who are good at sport, others who are good with their hands.  The man who struggles to put two and two together but knows everything there is about cars, and taking them apart and putting them back together again.  The doctor who can bring people back to life, but can barely catch a ball.  When you see these great danes in more detail, well, they are probably still great danes, but so are you.  You just need to find out why.

If it is making mistakes that is a problem, everybody makes mistakes, and unfortunately other people love letting that person know about it.  Usually thats to try to make themselves feel better about the ones they made!  If my life has taught me anything its not what mistakes you make in your life that matters (because there will be plenty), but what you learn from them and how you react to making them that counts.

I don't know what is making you feel this way, but if you ever want to discuss it I (and I reckon a few others on here) am happy to listen.  Feel free to PM me if needs be.

Cheers,
Rook

Sladejake

Post by Sladejake » Mon May 18, 2015 7:55 pm

Hey sorry it took me so long to respond. Been a bit busy.
Yeah your interpretation is really accurate. I really love your interpretations as well as they give me some insight. I can't express how much
I appreciate you reading these dreams of mine.

Rook

Post by Rook » Tue May 19, 2015 6:37 am

No problems mate.  Being a laid back Aussie you could take weeks to respond and I wouldn't hold it against you.  I know how busy life can get.

And thank you for the feedback.  It is nice to know that my skills are improving, and that it is making a difference.

Best wishes,
Rook

Sladejake

Post by Sladejake » Wed May 20, 2015 8:51 am

I'm happy for you that you notice your skills are improving. This dream really confused me. Try this one for a spin.

last night I had a dream that I got into this grey/silver looking car with my mom and we got in the back seat. And it was driving by itself. And there was a baby in the passenger seat under what I think was a blue towel with his arm sticking out. And when we got to an intersection the baby uncovered himself and spun his head 180 degrees to look at the back seat. And one thing I realized is he looked very old for a baby. He was very wrinkly.

Then my mother and I got out of the car and walked to the gas station. And she was buying something. And there was this really creepy guy, he was kind of really skinny and wrinkly looking, his eyes kind of budged a bit. And he was just walking around inside the gas station and the clerk wanted him to leave. And the guy wouldn't listen. Before he left he stood at the door and shook the change in his pocket. And everyone went out into the street to follow him or yell at him. And he started coming after me. With his arms out, like a zombie would. And he tried grabbing me.
I managed to kick him in the face but he kept coming. And I kept trying to kick him. And I woke myself up cause I was kicking in my sleep so yeah. That was the end of the dream.

What do you think of this?

Rook

Post by Rook » Thu May 21, 2015 12:34 pm

Hi Slade

Dreams regarding cars generally (but not always) refer to our direction in life. So what does this dream say?

You and your mother are in the back seat of the car, almost like you are along for the ride. The car is driving itself - you are not in control of your life paths but rather life is leading you. The intersection represents several different directions your family's life could go, but you are at the mercy of a horrific baby-man - I am assuming represents some male figure who has significant controlling influence on your family?

Next comes the gas station - that which fuels our path through life. Could represent a number of things; money, energy, inspiration. A "zombie" is there. There are a number of things zombies can represent. Mindless destructive patterns of behaviour, consumerism. From this man's erratic behaviour, appearance, the shopkeeper's reaction to him, the rattle of money, and his zombie like behaviour made me jump straight towards illicit drugs, particularly ice. You are trying to kick its influence away.

Not sure if that makes sense. You will know if it fits better than I.

Cheers
Rook

Sladejake

Post by Sladejake » Thu May 21, 2015 5:34 pm

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHH "horiffic baby-man" Sorry that just really, really made me laugh.

I guess life is kind of leading me right now. But I feel as though I have to make a decision and choose the path I want to go down. Which music is looking more and more harmonious.
I wouldn't say I do drugs. I've never tried them.
I'm curious to know more about how you interpreted that.

Rook

Post by Rook » Fri May 29, 2015 4:41 am

Hi Slade

I have to apologise, I don't know why I didn't pick up on this earlier.  The dreams again seem to be following the previous dream series around your mother and moving home.  The first segment, the car is your life, not your families.  You are in the back seat to be protected by being with your mother.  You are not in control of the car, no one is driving, it is driving itself.  This is interesting - I have done a little "research" I guess, rather listening to commentary on grail lore, and the hero in these stories rides his horse with his hands slack on the reigns.  That is he lets the horse (nature) guide his life and faces whatever adventure his life presents him, without any direct control over his destination.  Basically he has an attitude to life of letting fate hold sway and not trying to seek a specific destiny.  This would result in the emotional feeling of the drawing of the tree - where you don't know where you are going.  (This is very similar to my own attitude - and somehow I have stumbled through okay).

Horrific baby-man - the other passenger in the car could be that frustrated child we saw in the dog eating lion dream.  The reason he is a horrific looking baby-man?  It is a childhood issue, which is very old.  It was perhaps something that you adopted psychologically for protection but is having undue influence on your decisions now (it is sitting in the front you are in the back).  You are at an interesection, a fork in the path.

Then the dream skips to the zombie man in the petrol station.  What I said about fueling your life still holds here I think, but the drug representation is clearly off.  This is my personal association with the symbol, seeing such "zombies" in real life on a daily basis outside my work place.  Hence why you are the best interpreter of your dreams, over me.  I don't hold your personal associations.  Once I cleared my personal association a link became obvious to me.  The homeless lady who chases you - the man your mother is fighting with using grenades, and that you are fighting with.  It's the same guy right?  Something trying to influence your decision about what path to take?  Again you are fighting it.

He has a pocketful of change, but doesn't have anything to buy.  I am assuming this is a force trying to push you into a certain path.  He doesn't have anything to fuel you in your journey, though he has money.  He is also not attractive, irrational, thoughtless.  Could this be representing a mindless "career" (hence money) but one that does not progress your journey spiritually, nor be an expression of your soul?  A form of unrelenting pressure to go out and get a job or a trade or something to make money to support you?  A force that you are fighting with, but no matter what you do that pressure won't let up?

Sladejake

Post by Sladejake » Fri May 29, 2015 8:27 am

Thank you so much for your interpretation.

Yeah I think I am fighting with a force. It was to keep training in mixed martial arts. Or to do music. And my mother was getting angry at me that she is wasting money on it. So I kept forcing myself to go. And being there getting pummeled all of the time was just deteriorating my confidence and self-esteem. Cause I didn't want to be there.

But now I froze my account for two months and I'm playing at open mic nights and getting a band together soon. And I'm still depressed a lot. But I think that's just a psychological thing. But I feel at ease and getting much more enjoyment out of playing music.

So I would have to say thank you for your interpretation. It made me realize this.

Return to “Dream Interpretation”