rat dream

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

samsr

rat dream

Post by samsr » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:44 pm

i lighted a candle a few days ago to dispel any negativity someone could be sending my way. since then, everynight i´ve been dreaming about rats outside my house being killed or found dead.  i know rats can mean either the negativity/envy/all that stuff, but also it cold mean my own worries, fears.
is there a way to know what this is refering to? could it  mean negativity coming from outside since the rats are always outside my house, never inside?

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:03 am

could it mean negativity coming from outside since the rats are always outside my house, never inside?
YES. It probably does mean that the negativity is being prevented from entering your home from the outside, and since a dream house often represents your total personality (with each room symbolizing one aspect of that personality), it also most likely means that that you are being protected from the damaging effects of that negativity on many different levels (physical, mental, emotional and spiritual).
is there a way to know what this is referring to?

If you are asking me if there is any 100% definite way to know for sure that this is the correct interpretation, NO!

But you could find out if it is more likely by keeping a regular dated dream journal handy beside your bed, and by looking for that common theme appearing in your dreams over the next two weeks or so.

Of course it may not always be rats which will be used to represent the outside negativity in a series of dreams. Unless you happen to also have an unusually strong fear of and harbor feelings of extreme revulsion towards rats when you are awake, virtually anything which you normally find unpleasant, could be substituted in place of the rats.

Our dreaming minds are very creative when it comes to them selecting the most appropriate and likely to be most effective symbol to represent something and in order to emphasize the message (s) contained within our dreams. Our inner dream director frequently likes to get our attention by choosing dream symbols which over dramatize or exaggerate the seriousness of the message(s) it is attempting to communicate to our waking conscious.

Imagine the most frightening and disgusting thing that could possibly represent negativity to you (e.g. millions of cockroaches swimming in a truck full of human excreta), and that is the symbol that your dreaming mind is most likely to use with the intention to get its message(s) through to your waking consciousness.

Note however that not all dream messages or symbols necessarily need to get through to our conscious minds, to be able to have a positive, healing effect. Just because we cannot remember every single element of a particular dream upon waking, does not automatically mean that what we have forgotten is lost.

A lot of the deepest healing occurs completely within our subconscious mind, and never reaches the light of our day to day consciousness. But the messages still usually manage to find their way through to where they can be translated into new and more constructive patterns of thinking and behaviour on our parts.

EoT  Image

Return to “Dream Interpretation”