Racoons

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Lindan85

Racoons

Post by Lindan85 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:34 am

I had a dream that I found a racoon in my room and I caught him.  When I looked at him he was white and looked more like a racoon/ferret hybrid.  I spent time taking care of it as if I had bought myself a house cat.

From what I found racoons and ferrets are both symbols of me hiding something or being deceitful.

I have been hiding something from my family, but it's because I know they will react badly.  So I'm not sure if maybe that's something that my subconscious is trying to process.

Any thoughts on other ways to interpret this, or am I on point?

Rook

Post by Rook » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:09 am

Sounds like you are on the right track in my mind.  The symbol fits if you are hiding something intentionally and taking care (looking after the raccoon) to keep things that way.

I don't envy you, keep secrets like that from the family can be hard work in my experience.  Having learnt the hard way I have become one of those people who just rips the bandaid off and deals with the pain there and then.

Lindan85

Post by Lindan85 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:55 am

The thing I've been keeping from my family is about my sexual preferences, and it's something I've been keeping from them for over a decade.  So I'm not sure why it would just now be something creeping up in dream form.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:27 am

Lindan

Secrets, especially those which have been kept over a period of many years, create an increasing pressure to be released and dealt with consciously in a balanced manner.

Dreams are often where the first signs appear of this accumulating pressure building up to the point that if they are not confronted at a conscious level sooner rather than later, that they could possibly prevent an individual from moving forwards to achieve their full potential as a human being (which is still unknown).

After ten years of having kept this secret about your sexual preferences from other members of your own family (which must have consumed significant amounts of emotional energy and would have required incredible feats of ingenuity on your part in order to keep the lid on your secret), the emotional pressure cooker is about to explode.

If even after a decade of living with your secret you still do not feel able to bring this sensitive subject up with your family, dreams like these are often the only healthy alternative to you developing serious psychological problems which could potentially be much more harmful to your relationship with your family, than if you choose not to reveal your sexual preferences to them over the longer term.

Above all many of the different dreams which you are describing on this forum are healing dreams.

To heal is to make you whole again (sexual preferences included).

They are an attempt by your mind to help you to remain psychologically healthy, if for whatever reasons you feel that this secret must stay that way for you to be able to continue to be accepted by your family.

Only time will tell how successful or otherwise your dreams were at keeping you psychologically healthy, while your secret is still hidden from your family.

Kansas is one of the "Bible Belt" states.
The Bible Belt is an informal term for a region in the south-eastern and south-central United States in which socially conservative evangelical Protestantism plays a strong role in society and politics, and Christian church attendance across the denominations is generally higher than the nation's average.
I am beginning to understand why you would have such a problem with revealing your sexual preferences to other family members in such a conservative, evangelical atmosphere as commonly exists where you live.

http://www.gaytalk.org/nonprofit/

EoT

Lindan85

Post by Lindan85 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:35 am

My mom has made it clear many times that she doesn't care what my sexual preference is, but if it's not hetero she doesn't want to know about it.  Which is why I've kept it to myself for so long.

Living in the Bible Belt does not help matters at all.

I had never thought of dreams being a way to try and heal.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:19 am

My mom has made it clear many times that she doesn't care what my sexual preference is, but if it's not hetero she doesn't want to know about it.
Which is a long winded, highly offensive way of saying that you being anything other than hetero means that you are not normal or acceptable to her, for being the person who you are.

By making out that she does not know about it, she conveniently avoids having to confront the truth that our sexual preferences are largely determined before we are born, and we are therefore not responsible if other people have a problem with this.

Before we go any further with a reading on the Psychic Reading forum (which I will probably get around to giving you on Friday) and any other help, could I please establish if you are a man or a woman, as your name has been used in the past by both genders?

Will speak to you again on Friday through a reading, after you have answered this question for me here.

Regards,

EoT

Lindan85

Post by Lindan85 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:33 am

I'm a woman.  I tend to forget that my name is gender neutral.  Thank you.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:39 am

Message received.

CU Friday,

EoT  :smt002

Talia

Post by Talia » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:30 am

eye_of_tiger wrote: Before we go any further with a reading on the Psychic Reading forum (which I will probably get around to giving you on Friday) and any other help, could I please establish if you are a man or a woman, as your name has been used in the past by both genders?
Surely any psychic should be able to sense and know the gender of a member regardless of their name? I cannot see how a psychic reading can otherwise be truly given?

Lindan85

Post by Lindan85 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:31 am

Talia wrote:
eye_of_tiger wrote: Before we go any further with a reading on the Psychic Reading forum (which I will probably get around to giving you on Friday) and any other help, could I please establish if you are a man or a woman, as your name has been used in the past by both genders?
Surely any psychic should be able to sense and know the gender of a member regardless of their name? I cannot see how a psychic reading can otherwise be truly given?
I think it's a fair question to ask.  Just because someone was born male or female, that doesn't mean that it's the gender they identify themselves as...I was a member of this site years ago (I believe more than 5 years) and had readings done by EoT.  I always looked back and the readings I was given were never off base.  Plus, given the nature of the question I'm asking in the reading, I'm perfectly comfortable being asked my gender.  My sexuality and gender are often questioned.

Return to “Dream Interpretation”