Please help, saw my dad father, snow, lake and me as bride

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

suryagal9

Please help, saw my dad father, snow, lake and me as bride

Post by suryagal9 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:15 pm

I really need to know what this means...

So we are from Sikh religion... so during our marriage we take 4 rounds, around our Guru Granth Sahib (Sikh Holy Bible), which is usually in temple. But before marriage we do religious ceremony sometimes in the house where the brother or father would bring the Guru home carrying on his head but bare feet. I am already married and have two kids.

My father who passed away almost two years at the end of this month came in my dream last night. I was wearing the bridal outfit of red color. (color we wear in our culture on marriage day). We were out somewhere by a lake and snow. Water was cold. I was touching the water (as if I was testing) and it was cold and I would get scared touching the water. I saw my dad coming on snow bare feet carrying the guru on his head followed by family and friends and walking toward the place of ceremony. He was walking on the snow and He said to me that you should have brought my socks, because my feet are cold. I can't wear the shoes because I am carrying the Guru, at least I could wear the socks. I was worried for him. He marched along on the snow. and I think I touched the water like twice.

What could this mean? I hope I didnt confuse anyone with my writing. Please let me know anyone can figure this out. I really want to know. If you have any questions I can answer them regarding this.

Rook

Post by Rook » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:05 am

Hi

There is a dream meaning that stands out to me straight away, but it is quite deep and not about your day to day phoibles.

You are preparing for your own wedding.  Now as you have pointed out you are married with children so you are well and truly down that path in the outer world.  But this is a wedding of two different parts of your inner world, and you are in the preparation stages for this wedding to take effect.

Your father is playing a role in your inner world here, he represents your inner father that protects you and guides you.  At this point in time you are not making this psychological process any easier for him.  There is something you could do to make it easier / more comfortable for this union to take place, but you are holding back.  There are two clues as to what this is.

The first is the snow that is making it less comfortable for your father to walk.  I suspect there is a reason that there is snow, and that suspicion is that it is describing the climate of what is to change.  It is something that is frozen in your psychology.  Whether it is a part of your life that is in a period of death (winter), something you feel coldly towards (ie something you don't like about yourself), or perhaps something that is frozen in time (ie stemming from some kind of childhood issue).

Rather than thawing out the snow (which is probably what the aim of the wedding itself is) you could give your father socks to make it easier to walk.  What does that mean?  I am not entirely sure.  Usually dreams have a specific meaning and specific reason for using a specific symbol, but on this one I am not entirely sure.  Being warm to treading across this ground (ie not repressing thoughts regarding this frozen subject - I don't know what it is, you may be able to help with that?).

The second clue is that this is something that you fear delving into.  This is why you are afraid of the lake of water.  Now what this lake represents is the deeper part of your self.  It is from this deeper part of your self that this behaviour or part of your personality stems from.  It has influenced your life in an unconscious manner, and resulted in the winter / frozen landscape.  If the dream were to continue or be repeated in the next stage of the union, it is from this lake that your husband would emerge.  This is the deeper inner you.  It is a part of you that you fear.

I think the ultimate goal of this dream series (there will likely be other dreams on this topic - though they could seem quite different with a completely different set of dream symbols) will be to end the fear you have of this part of your personality, to become conscious of it so that it no longer has an unconscious influence over your life.  In this way your personality can grow and you can become a more complete part of your true self, with a greater understanding and love for yourself and all that makes you who you are.

As I said I don't know what this inner part of yourself is, but I can see the process that is taking place.

I hope that helps.

Rook

suryagal9

Post by suryagal9 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:31 pm

Thank you. I do feel frozen and coldly towards my mother in law. I dont like her and I have hard time adjusting to her living with us from past few months. She is here to stay. I try my level best to talk to her, but I can't bring myself to talk to her like a normal person or consider her insider. she seems outsider. She does black magic and I have seen her do this. my husband also admits to her wrong doings but says she is his mother and he can't disown her. She is nosey. So maybe this is why I have been dreaming about this type of stuff. I dont talk to her much because once I do start talking to her, she starts her nonsense. gosssiping, trying to get things out of me. She is very superstitious. so trying to see if I am doing something to keep my husband on my side. Which I think is ridiculous! she knows I hate this stuff so much, but she wont stop. so I guess it is referring toward that. I kind of thought so, but I saw my Dead Father in the dream so thought it could be different.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:24 pm

Suryagal,

Actual black magic or psychic attacks are not open to the interpretation of dream symbols, which is normally possible with an average dream.

If this was indeed the spirit of your father visiting you in your dream instead of what Rook has suggested which was as a symbol of the best qualities of your father which you internalized before he died (mainly him protecting you), then once again this forum is probably not going to be of much help you, at least in this area.

Rather it is either a psychic or mediumistic issue, which you are being affected by.

Psychic forum

http://mysticboard.org/viewforum.php?f=31

Mediumship - Questions And Answers

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... .php?f=108

Hoping that this helps,

EoT

suryagal9

Post by suryagal9 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:08 pm

Thank you Eye_of_tiger. I did post my question in both of those pages, lets see if anyone can help. Thank you

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:42 am

Note: This more mediumistic interpretation complements, but does not replace Rook's excellent effort on the dream forum. We are simply looking at your dream from two different viewpoints or perspectives, to hopefully together arrive at a more satisfying and complete answer to your questions about the most likely meanings of each dream element.
http://mysticboard.org/vi ... 732#340732

EoT  :smt023

Return to “Dream Interpretation”