Tsunami/waves

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

caroline36

Tsunami/waves

Post by caroline36 » Tue May 03, 2016 6:41 pm

I was wondering if there is a way to differentiate when a wave/tsunami shows up in your dream, how to find out if it means it is an inner turmoil or if it can be some event caused by an external influence? I had this dream about a massive amount of water, a wave growing up in a wave and I cant get a grasp of what it can be.

Talia

Post by Talia » Tue May 03, 2016 9:36 pm

Dear Caroline,
These massive waves are so rare and yet we see so much about them in the news, they make headlines, everyone now knows about them and the damage they inflict.  Of course these kinds of dreams can indicate that you feel out of your depth, out of control and that matters are out of your hands, does that ring true?
Think about how your inner consciousness s interpreting these symbols and creating them, what do you feel inside you, are you fearful, what springs to mind, is there something troubling you that you feel this is portraying?

Rook

Post by Rook » Wed May 04, 2016 10:56 am

Look to the symbols around the tsunami in the dream. In my experience symbols are often reinforced by others around them. Look to the bigger picture or trends in the dream. Personally I rarely take a single symbol on its own to gather a meaning.

Also it is odd it is a wave within a wave. There is a specific purpose behind this oddity. That may also shed some light if you can nut out the reason.

caroline36

Post by caroline36 » Wed May 04, 2016 5:53 pm

Rook wrote: Also it is odd it is a wave within a wave. There is a specific purpose behind this oddity. That may also shed some light if you can nut out the reason.
I imagine it could be something related to the collective unconscious, not to me particularly. I remembered the dream because 1st it happened not long ago, and 2nd I was watching a surf show in tanzania where the surfer was in a huge wave and behind his wave there was this huge wall of water and another wave coming... pretty crazy.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Fri May 06, 2016 12:40 am

Waves of any size in your dreams can also represent impulses, feelings and emotions, such as sexuality, anxiety, anger.

The larger the waves such as in a tsunami, the more that they are causing conflicts within the depths of the unconscious mind and the more that they need to be brought closer to the surface of consciousness where they can be safely expressed and dealt with in a balanced manner.

It should go without saying that these are both complex and that they can feed upon each other (a wave within a wave).

Any division between the collective and person unconscious is completely artificial and generally counterproductive to us dealing with these powerful inner conflicts, as the personal unconscious is only after all a subset of the collective unconscious.

Most of the contents of our minds are to be found in the unconscious (the conscious mind is often referred to as the tip of the iceberg), from which our dreams come.

While the complex, interdependent inner conflicts which are giving rise to your tsunami dreams may be shared by most other members of the human race, this was your dream and therefore there is a very good chance that its messages are being specifically directed towards you.

You are also more likely to be having these tsunami/wave dreams more frequently if an inner conflict has not been adequately examined and resolved in the past.

Does the above explanation help you to isolate which one or more of these impulses or emotions you are currently urgently needing to work upon?

Regards,

EoT

caroline36

Post by caroline36 » Fri May 06, 2016 7:32 pm

Eye of the Tiger, thank you for your post. It was very clarifying and gave me a lot to think about. It´s not like I dont have any complex issue to solve but I have no clue of what it could be. In that dream I was on a boat and the boat was sailing fine for me. There was a distant friend on the boat, maybe something going on in his life? I am not in touch with that person anymore so I guess I´ll never know. It is not the 1st time I have a tsunami dream, in a previous experience I was also doing well inside a boat and a friend of a friend (he wasnt even close to me) was drowning. His mother passed away later that week.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Fri May 06, 2016 11:13 pm

Caroline,

You are most welcome.

While I was reading your follow up posting I was intuitively instructed to tell you to get the six of swords (SOS) card out of your Tarot pack, and for you to meditate upon it in order to further clarify the exact nature of what is going on here, which your inner dream director is picking up on in these dreams with a common theme of tsunamis

It does not always necessarily need to be a complex or particularly urgent problem for this to keep happening, but your subconscious mind clearly contains certain conflicts which need to be exposed and dealt with, for you to be able to move forwards again with your growth and development as a spiritual being having a human experience.

As well, as for your optimum mental, emotional and spiritual health in both the shorter and longer term..

I sense that you you hit the nail right on the head when you were wondering if these dream scenarios might be in some way related to " your distant friend in a boat", a person whom you say you no longer have any contact with.

Or it could alternately be a friend of your friend, as evidenced by the last part of your dream account. His mother's passing may or may not have anything to do with this, but at the very least it could be more than a coincidence that the second dream so closely preceded her promotion.

Maybe your friend of a friend subconsciously knew that his mother's remaining time on Earth was extremely limited, and he unknowingly sent out a psychic call for help signal to you that he was feeling drowned or overcome by his own emotions, as a response to losing the emotional support which his mother had provided him with for so many years.

Apparently even though he is not close to you according to your own definition of what it is to be close to another person, there is a definite energy connection/link existing between you, and as a result his unconscious call for help and continued emotional support (he is feeling very alone and vulnerable) was received by your dreaming self which then in turn created the tsunami dream to represent his precarious situation.

Please let me know in this discussion thread if your meditation upon the six of swords turns up any further clues as to precisely why the tsunami dreams continue to haunt you, when on the surface there would seem to be no remaining energy linkage between you and your distant friend, or between you and your friend of a friend who lost his main source of emotional support in the form of his mother. who has passed into Spirit.

Use your own interpretation of what that particular card usually means. Do not use somebody else's interpretation of what the SOS (appropriate?) means, as your interpretation uses the same dictionary which your dreaming mind uses to be able to create these symbolic tsunamis.

Respectfully yours,

EoT  :smt115

caroline36

Post by caroline36 » Sat May 07, 2016 12:37 am

LOL your guidance is helping me so much but in the same way is leaving me more confused. The six of swords means travel or sadness in my interpretation, I have never pulled out this card with the meaning of travel, so it mostly means sadness. Now the question is: to whom?
The tsnunami dream I after mentioned (the friend of the friend)  happened over 5 years ago. We were not close friends and lived in distant continents, btw. His mother passed away without warning, of a sudden heart attack.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sat May 07, 2016 1:29 am

Caroline,

There is definitely a feeling of sadness and being emotionally overwhelmed about you, and you are currently moving or traveling from one important phase of your spiritual development to another completely different one.

Please see your reading in the psychic reading forum for more details about this "metamorphosis".

Your answer to the question "to whom" could equally be the answer to the question "from where you are now in your spiritual development, to where could be heading if you are able and willing to take the associated risks involved".

Have you had any of these tsunami dreams within the last six months?

If so, how many?

BTW the tarot cards and readings in general usually tend to give you the information which your guides, Higher Self and guardian angels know that you most need to know.

Not what you think that you want to know, which is the question for which you usually pull out a card. Understood?

EoT  :smt002  :smt002

caroline36

Post by caroline36 » Mon May 09, 2016 9:24 pm

eye_of_tiger wrote:
Have you had any of these tsunami dreams within the last six months?

If so, how many?

BTW the tarot cards and readings in general usually tend to give you the information which your guides, Higher Self and guardian angels know that you most need to know.

Not what you think that you want to know, which is the question for which you usually pull out a card. Understood?

EoT  :smt002  :smt002
Not that I remember... I´ve been having many pleasant beach dreams though. Sunny days and calm waters.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon May 09, 2016 10:14 pm

I´ve been having many pleasant beach dreams though. Sunny days and calm waters.
Caroline,

That is good news!

As a beach or sea shore in a dream symbolically represents the interface and degree of harmony between the conscious (land) and unconscious (water) parts of your mind, pleasant beach dreams, sunny days and calm waters are a particularly good omen for your mental, emotional and spiritual health in the medium to long term future.

Blessings in abundance,

EoT  Image

TheHangedman12

subconcius

Post by TheHangedman12 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:37 am

I don´t know much about dream interpretacion but the wave within a wave does sound like turmoil coming from the subconcius and unconcius minds...

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Re: subconcius

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:10 am

TheHangedman12 wrote:I don´t know much about dream interpretacion but the wave within a wave does sound like turmoil coming from the subconcius and unconcius minds...
HM,

If you already know what a wave symbol means to your unconscious mind during a Tarot reading, it is very likely to mean the same thing in any dreams which you interpret (either your own, or someone else's).

Whether you are doing a Tarot reading or interpreting somebody else's dream (or your own), it is the same unconscious mind which reads the symbols and uses the same dictionary of the meanings for each symbol.

Yours unconscious mind!

Brian  Image

Return to “Dream Interpretation”