What is the meaning of this dream ?

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

firefly43210

What is the meaning of this dream ?

Post by firefly43210 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:50 am

A couple of years ago one night I dreamed , that I was commuting in a bus , an young woman was with me . The bus stopped before a bridge and my companion motioned me to get off from the bus . The bridge was packed or something , and there was a footpath beside the bridge . We strode on the footpath . Moving became gradually difficult , the footpath became something else and I felt my head swimming . After some distance we decided to take rest where the footpath was a little wider and there was a room at that point beside the footpath . After resting for a while , I started to move out , but found the footpath had become a narrow strip , about a foot wide , knitted like furniture made of cane . I started to crawl on it and suddenly it felt as if it slanted forward and I slipped over the rest of the length .
On the other side there was a crowd and everyone was expectant . My companion was furious at me and threw things at me . I was begging her to follow my suit when I woke up .
Dorosith Volmaya

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Re: What is the meaning of this dream ?

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:02 pm

Riding a bus belongs to the category of transportation. Means of transport in dreams symbolise how you move forward (and sometimes backwards) in your journey of life. The type of transport you use can be of great symbolic significance. ... Dreaming about being on a bus can therefore mean several things.
https://michaelrolsen.com/mean-dream-ri ... lysis-bus/

I am not sure whether or not our most gifted dream interpreter Rook still monitors these forums, but while you are waiting to find this out, I would suggest that you look at the link which I have provided above for further clues with regards to what travelling in a bus specifically means in YOUR dream.

I think that it could also be important that you and your companion got off the bus together, after only travelling a short distance (after she prompted you to get off and follow her).

This suggests to me that both of you were unwilling to passively follow the rest of the crowd, and wanted to continue your search for meaning and purpose in your life in your own unique way.

I believe that the young woman symbolises your own inner guidance/teacher/higher self, and that she is instructing you as to how to make your search for who you really are much more efficient than it has been in the past.

Notice that the footpath is a narrow strip (suggesting that she is leading you along a very narrow path which would be relatively easy to stray from) and that it is constructed of knitted cane.

Seeing cane in your dream often represents a nagging problem or weakness. Some area of your life which you have to take special notice of, if you are going to avoid much more serious problems in the future. Indeed this may be why she is being extremely careful to lead you along this particular path, instead of just allowing you to find out the hard way by trial and error, which is the best path for you to take on your spiritual journey.

Knitted cane could potentially mean a problem tightly interwoven or closely associated with other personal issues of yours, in a complicated mixture.

While I was researching your dream's possible meanings another website suggests that cane might represent your own anger and aggression, directed mainly towards yourself.

It has been said many times by psychologists that anger turned inwards equals depression. And anger and aggression turned outwards towards others is only likely to cause you to become very unpopular and increasingly isolated from the very people who would most be able to help and support you.

Instead of turning your anger and aggression inwards upon yourself (and becoming depressed as a result), or turning it outwards on those people nearest to you at the time (and driving them away from you), make your anger work more positively in your favour, or to your maximum positive advantage on your spiritual journey.

Use your anger in a positive manner to give you the extra energy to change those things in your life which you can change for the better, accept those things which you will never have any control over to change, and the wisdom to recognise the difference.

Anger when used in a positive manner like this is anything but automatically being a negative and self destructive emotion. It is what you do with your feelings or emotions that determines whether the outcome will be mainly positive or negative.

Hoping that all the above in some small way helps you to better understand your dream and by so doing better understand your inner self (which is where/who your dreams are thought to come from).

Your dream companion (what or who she represents) was not angry at you for not being able to instantly follow the path which she indicated. In your understandable frustration and impatience, you are turning the anger inwards upon yourself, and by so doing becoming your own worst enemy in making any future spiritual progress. In other words, you are constantly (as I often do) beating up on yourself for being human, and therefore by definition being far short of perfect.

Be kinder to yourself,

Brian :smt023

firefly43210

Re: What is the meaning of this dream ?

Post by firefly43210 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:04 am

Got it .
Thinking ......
Dorosith Volmaya

Return to “Dream Interpretation”