I cant believe I'm asking this, but here it goes

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

in_the_blue

I cant believe I'm asking this, but here it goes

Post by in_the_blue » Mon May 22, 2006 10:38 pm

Do we dream in colours?
I mean, I really cannot remember if they were colours or not.
And in my country there is a saying that states that only the crazy people dream in colour  :smt017

Abhishek
Site Admin

Post by Abhishek » Tue May 23, 2006 3:15 am

thats a question even i have never thought about ... i dont know if my dreams are colored but i know they are not black and white. i guess they are in colour. but i know i am not crazy atleast not yet :smt003

Myst

Post by Myst » Tue May 23, 2006 3:17 am

LOL...I dream in colours...well, ya know sometimes you see gardens in your dreams and remember the colours..and so on..I remember colours from my dreams and interpret them with the meanings I associate with the colours...find them a lot helpful. And as far as the crazy part goes, well, maybe i am...lol

Abhishek
Site Admin

Post by Abhishek » Tue May 23, 2006 4:25 am

i dont dream of gardens and all... but most of my dreams are connected to my work or some human being in it... i guess mostly about present things of affair.

and thou i dont remember the colors i bet it would strike me as odd if it was all in black and white.

Abhishek

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Tue May 23, 2006 7:08 am

Oh yes in colour. I see a lot of interesting stuff & some scary stuff too in dreams, i saw a unicorn, a phoniex, Angelina Jolie, blood, guns, fire, tanks, fantastic cars, beautiful girls, mountians, forests, & so much stuff, & all in colour, it won't be so interesting in black & white.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Thu May 25, 2006 3:28 pm

ya even me dream in colors... and i specially remember small minute detail or colour!

valchenolf

Post by valchenolf » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:16 pm

dreams can be in both grayscale and colour.

It is MORE COMMON to dream in GRAYSCALE (black and white)

HOWEVER, the dreams that we are MOST likely to remember are the coloured ones... the Reasons for this is due to the fact that they occur in an earlier stage of sleep or are near to when your just about to wake; this is where your consciousness is still awake or just awakening; therefore we have greater ability to remember and hence why we can see colour.

We have thousands of dreams per night but only remember a couple if we are lucky - these are normally the colour ones and near to waking/sleeping hour. The other dreams during mid sleep are in much more of a subconscious state therefore are more likely to be grayscale.

Its hard for me to explain so that you can understand without going into the full depths, but I hope this makes sense to you.

Valchenolf

skrapila22

Post by skrapila22 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:43 pm

I often dream in colors, sometimes I think the different colors of things in your dream are symbolic of your feelings toward them.

Barbi

Dreams

Post by Barbi » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:38 am

I dream in color and have some really wierd dreams. For a while I was keeping a journal but haven';t in several years although I should as I am starting to have wierd and strange dreams again.

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:31 pm

I dream in color (when I dream, which is not that often (sleep/REM problems according to one theory)).  I remember the weathered brown of wood and red bricks in my latest dream.

SavageHurricane

I can remember my colour dreams

Post by SavageHurricane » Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:56 pm

can't remember any grey-scale ones... guess they were too boring, lol.

Tish

Post by Tish » Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:53 pm

:smt003  Hi, everybody!

I laughed loudly at the bit: "only crazy people dream in colour"!

I was telling a friend when I was about 19 how I sometimes confused dreams with things that had really happened, and she replied, "How can you not tell if it was a dream when dreams are in black-and-white?" I was gobsmacked! I had no idea that anybody dreamed in black-and-white! Why? (Myself, I think it comes from the old black-and-white TV; their mental processes are comparing what they are viewing on their inner "screen" to watching a TV programme. Unless I see some old document pre-TV days, claiming black-and-white dreams, I'm going to continue with this theory, due to my extreme personal arrogance!   :smt005 )

As for being more common, we have here only one who has experienced it. Is it more common at all? My dreams are in colour, and always have been. After all, the world around us is!

Love to all,
Tish

misty-midnightrain

Dreams

Post by misty-midnightrain » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:06 pm

I have always dreamed in colors, I did not know that there was any other kind. I have several dreams all night and If I wake up in the middle of one I can program my mind to continue where it left off by thinking of it as I go back to sleep.
Misty-midnightrain

Return to “Dream Interpretation”