Hi All

I-Ching or the "Book of Changes" is an ancient Chinese divination manual and book of wisdom. Know more about it.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

NDscorpini

Hi All

Post by NDscorpini » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:49 pm

Hi All,
My name is Niki and I live in Las Vegas, NV. My main interest on this forum is trying to find correlations between the I-Ching and the stock market. W.D. Gann believed that astrology and geometry can be used to trade/forecast the markets. I am in the research phase to see if this is possible. Any and all advice on this topic is welcome. Thanks
Best wishes,
NDscorpini

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Some feedback

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:57 am

Hello again Niki,

I have been doing some personal research about that question which you asked me, and I may have found something which I believe could be adapted to your research experiment.

It is not specifically about I-Ching, but I believe that what you are doing is to determine using probability theory whether the cards you predict will be drawn using the I-Ching, are a reliable indicator of the cards which actually come up.

In essence you are asking whether there is any correlation between what has been predicted, and what happens.

Assuming that the probability of each card in the deck being drawn is equal (this free online statistical calculator depends upon this being so), is the I-Ching divination cards method an accurate and reliable predictor of the eventual outcome of your experiment?

You are comparing the two probabilities, and are attempting to determine if the probability of the result is statistically different enough when compared to what probability would be expected by chance, if the cards had instead been randomly selected.

Any way, take a look at the following web page, then let me know under this thread if you find it useful.

Hit-Miss Psi Test Significance Calculator

https://psychicscience.org/stat1.aspx

It is also important that you ensure that you are using an "open deck".

There is an explanation of what an open deck is, further down the page (scroll down).

All the best,

Brian :smt024

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Re: Hi All

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:20 am

Niki,

One thing that I do not understand is why you have chosen to use normal playing cards for your research, instead of a special deck which is specifically recommended for I-Ching.

https://psychicscience.org/chingcards.aspx

Also, how do any results from this research translate into using I-Ching to make predictions on the stock market?

Please explain.

Brian :smt017

NDscorpini

Post by NDscorpini » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:25 pm

Hi Brian,
Let me go into more detail with what I am trying to do. The playing card calculations are done with a software package sold by 7thunders.com website. I put in a natal date, in this case, 4/21/1982 which is the 1st day of trading for the S&P futures contract. The output isn't random so my data and your data and anybody else's data would be exactly the same. Then I'm comparing that to the open, high, low, close data for the stock market. I'm trying to find up day or down day biases in the cards AKA astrology. What I've found is helpful BUT...I'm trying to make it better.

I was hoping for something like this with the I-Ching
http://www.energy-master.com/
Again where you put in a natal data and get a consistent output. I don't want something that will throw coins (no randomness) I want something that can be duplicated by everyone. Does that make more sense? Thanks for your help.
Best wishes,
Niki

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:11 pm

Niki,

I am even more convinced now that you have explained this in more detail, that your what you are attempting is well outside of my area of knowledge and expertise.

I will therefore leave this thread open to anybody else who wishes to contribute, and wish you every good fortune.

Kindest regards,

Brian :smt023

Return to “I-Ching”