New Analysis & Book of the I CHING

I-Ching or the "Book of Changes" is an ancient Chinese divination manual and book of wisdom. Know more about it.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

david hunter

New Analysis & Book of the I CHING

Post by david hunter » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:11 am

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and new to the I CHING, I was introduced to it several months ago by my tutor. He was interested in the idea of removing western/numerical annotation from the I CHING and asked me to have a go at this. I made a new analysis which led to a version of the I CHING that has no western/numerical annotation (other than the necessary translation of judgment text) that you can download from the below link-

thewishfilm.com/i_ching.zip

My version comprises two books. They have been designed to be printed on a home setup and I've included a set of instructions for making and using the books. Once you get to grips with the method you should find it very intuitive. It takes a bit of time to put the books together but doesn't take much equipment and is an enjoyable process.

This is the first version so please bear this in mind, but I would greatly appreciate any feedback especially about the instructions which have been a challenge- explaining these things is easier in person. I think given time I will produce some video instructions. You can post back any problems or suggestions on this forum.

I felt it would be best to release it to people who already have an interest and grasp of the I CHING.

thanks for your time,

david.

pranay

Post by pranay » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:34 pm

wat exactly is I CHING????????

Demonica

Post by Demonica » Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:50 am

satanic-pranay wrote:wat exactly is I CHING????????
This might help.   mdani.demon.co.uk/para/iching1.htm

david hunter

Post by david hunter » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:31 am

Hello,

I have made a video showing how to construct the two books to help anyone who downloaded the files. You can watch it on the following link

metacafe.com/watch/233891/i_ching_book_construction_video/

cheers,

david.

Kania

not able to download the iching book

Post by Kania » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:53 pm

Hello David, I tried to download your I ching book at the link you specified but probably the file has been removed, because I was not able to download it.

Thanks,
kania
dr.Kania Puspitahati,MS,LAc/Kania Holistic Clinic
Ruko Byzantyum FA 08-09 Legenda Wisata
Jl.Tranyogi km 6,3 Cibubur 16967-Indonesia

Return to “I-Ching”