I-Ching

I-Ching or the "Book of Changes" is an ancient Chinese divination manual and book of wisdom. Know more about it.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Mystic Meg

I-Ching

Post by Mystic Meg » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:32 pm

I wonder if anyone has a question that I might try and answer with my I-ching?

I haven't used this for ages but would like some practice so ask a question and I will throw and see what the I-Ching says is the answer? It might be fun :)

Meg

kd

Post by kd » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:43 pm

WAT TYPE OF JOB SHUD I GO FOR PARTICUALLY INTRESTED IN LAW ENFORSMENT N THE ARTS SUCH AS DRAWING N ACTING N WILL I HAV A GOOD LIFE

Mystic Meg

Post by Mystic Meg » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:23 pm

Hello kd,

Q. What type of job should I go for?
A. Ken  -  Develop your inner peace and follow your own path. Stay put and avoid movement until you see clearly the path you want to take. Obviously the ancient I-Ching does not have hexagrams that depict careers or job titles lol but it has given a clue here :)

Q. Will I have a good life?
A. K'uei  - This bad beginning has a good ending

I can see why people start to rely on the short answers for a quick idea of an answer :)

Thanks

Meg

Angelique

Post by Angelique » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:03 pm

Hello Meg,

Your readings in prior postings have always been very impressive to me. :) So let's see.. what question haven't I asked that I would like to know about... Hmm.. I don't necessarily know if this is a good one... but how will I make a contribution to this world? Since I was a child, because it has always been in my heart to do so, I have always stated I will put a dent in this world and make a huge difference. How am I doing so far with my contributions and will I make an impact for changing this place for the better?

Thank you in advance.

Mystic Meg

Post by Mystic Meg » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:20 pm

Hello Angelique,

Thank-you for your flattering comment. I think that your questions apply to many people that are seeking to do more and to helpin this world. I am experimenting with seeing if the I-Ching can work without applying intuition, so we will see :)

I chose three hexagrams, one for each question and here they are:-

Li - Brightness, acknowledging your weaknesses will lead to the correct path
Tun - Retreat - Your proper path will open up before you and you will be free to travel it
Ta Ch'u - Taming Force, You are a strong person and can become stronger through restraint, constant growth calls for constant practice, a strong person must not isolate herself, the world has need of her.

Very cryptic, but also special :)

Meg

Angelique

Post by Angelique » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:42 pm

Mystic Meg wrote:Hello Angelique,

Thank-you for your flattering comment.

If the shoe fits :)

Mystic Meg wrote:I think that your questions apply to many people that are seeking to do more and to helpin this world. I am experimenting with seeing if the I-Ching can work without applying intuition, so we will see :)

You're right, it was an unoriginal question and the only thing I could think of that I wanted to know that would help you rekindle your familiarity with the I-Ching  :smt003

Mystic Meg wrote:I chose three hexagrams, one for each question and here they are:-

Li - Brightness, acknowledging your weaknesses will lead to the correct path
Tun - Retreat - Your proper path will open up before you and you will be free to travel it
Ta Ch'u - Taming Force, You are a strong person and can become stronger through restraint, constant growth calls for constant practice, a strong person must not isolate herself, the world has need of her.

Very cryptic, but also special :)

Meg
Interesting and excellent interpretation, I understand the reading perfectly. My biggest weakness is I am an analytical-expressive... quite a paradox. or conundrum.. take your pick ;)  Introspection and over-analyzing things to death is my Achilles heal which I freely and liberally attack. In other words, no one can beat me up better than me because I am hardest on myself and harder than anyone will ever be on me.  :)    

Tun is currently coinciding with Ta Ch'u.. I am currently in retreat by choice because I feel I need it to place things in proper perspective and gather strength. It all blends very well together. Thank you for the time you took and the very valuable interpretation.

For someone who has been out of practice you did a damn good job on me! Again, thank you. :)

kd

Q

Post by kd » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:34 pm

HI MEG WAT QUESTIONS WUD YOU LIKE TO BE ASKED WHAT U WUD FIND INTRESTING

Mystic Meg

Post by Mystic Meg » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:30 pm

Angelique, thank-you for that wonderful feedback.

I sometimes have to keep reminding myself that even if what comes through doesn't make sense to me, I should still pass it on lol, after all, the message isn't for me, I am only the messenger :)

Meg

Mystic Meg

Re: Q

Post by Mystic Meg » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:32 pm

kd wrote:HI MEG WAT QUESTIONS WUD YOU LIKE TO BE ASKED WHAT U WUD FIND INTRESTING

Hello,

I think it is important not to try and force questions or make them up. The cards always know the difference, so don't worry, I am done for now  :) thanks.

Meg

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:44 pm

Meg I have a question.
I have some information to pass on to selected students is the time now right to start the process?

stan-wells

questions for the I-Ching

Post by stan-wells » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:41 am

Meg,

I have a lady friend that lives distant from me that I have asked to vist.  Will she visit and, if so, can you tell when?

stan

Mystic Meg

Post by Mystic Meg » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:00 pm

Prof. Akers wrote:Meg I have a question.
I have some information to pass on to selected students is the time now right to start the process?

Hello,

Thank-you for asking this question, although I secretly feel that you know the answer already, I hope that these words might add fun to the task :)

Sui - Following,
Action is followed by reaction. Accepting what is and adapting to the necessities of the moment.

Li - Brightness,
Your brilliance and success will be long-lasting,

Chien - Development,
Gradual growth and developments, to survive growth must be slow and solid, roots must be firm. A person must follow these same principles. Let things evolve naturally and the next step will be obvious.

Meg

Mystic Meg

Re: questions for the I-Ching

Post by Mystic Meg » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:07 pm

stan-wells wrote:Meg,

I have a lady friend that lives distant from me that I have asked to vist.  Will she visit and, if so, can you tell when?

stan

Hello,

It's very hard to get the I-Ching to do yes or no, so I reworded my question to hopefully shed some light on what you want to know. Good luck, and I hope things turn out how you want :)

Chung Fu - Inner Truth
Do not depend on others for your inner peace.

Ch'Ien - The creative,
Have patience, beginnings take time to perfect.

T'ai - Peace,
Peace, prosperity and harmonious relations, the small fear inside you vanishes, wisdom and kindness prevail, and fortune is certain.

Meg

stan-wells

Thank you

Post by stan-wells » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:09 am

Meg,

yes, I know the I-Ching can be difficult - you were wise to reword it - and the answer is about the same as I keep getting.  Thank you for your assistance - you do very well - keep up the good work.

stan

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:57 am

You were right, but it's nice to have someone else agree. Thank you Meg.

Return to “I-Ching”