Hex ?

I-Ching or the "Book of Changes" is an ancient Chinese divination manual and book of wisdom. Know more about it.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

lharri25

Hex ?

Post by lharri25 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:47 pm

Whats the deal with placing an "x" or an "o" in the broken lines of the hexograms?
Lesley

Mystic Meg

Re: Hex ?

Post by Mystic Meg » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:00 pm

lharri25 wrote:Whats the deal with placing an "x" or an "o" in the broken lines of the hexograms?
Lol, that makes it into a game and is the way that children are taught the I-ching :)

+ positive and  o negative, its like binary.

Meg

Metatron

Post by Metatron » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:32 am

The "X" is a Yang breaking
The "O" is a Yin mending

GtheBuck

Re: Hex ?

Post by GtheBuck » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:26 pm

lharri25 wrote:Whats the deal with placing an "x" or an "o" in the broken lines of the hexograms?
All of the above answers are good and relevant.

What they do not explain are that the placing of X or O in lines also generates 2 hexagrams to give a more in depth answer to your question.

Hope this helps!

:smt002
Mad is a word they use to describe those who do not conform to their narrow minded standards of "normality".

chiahsieh

Post by chiahsieh » Sun May 17, 2009 12:41 am

O or X means generates a change to your situation, it is very important in terms of prediction. Again you have to see what you are asking about to decide whether the change is good or bad.
I am an i ching master looking for an intelligent student in San Diego area with good integrity to pass on my teaching.
( California area is fine also, but you must travel to San Diego)

Return to “I-Ching”