Learning I-Ching 02

I-Ching or the "Book of Changes" is an ancient Chinese divination manual and book of wisdom. Know more about it.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

MarcoAZS

Learning I-Ching 02

Post by MarcoAZS » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:30 pm

Hi  :smt006 ,

Back again now with a secound part Yin and Yang and this one comes with a worksheet that I translated from a book. Also good to remind that on the next chapter I-Ching 03 we will start the most inner part from the I-Ching, cause right now we are just learning the important basics of it, than we will be going to how it was created and how to use :).
  Yin and Yang are complementary and antagonistic forces. They form a costant cycle of regeneration and degeneration. Their regulation is the fundamental process of existance (so in I-ching, we are always changing, even though some times it doesn't seems  :smt003 )
  In Taoism, the phenomenal world was created through the interaction of Yin and Yang. The Yang state of tai chi (called great ultimate) arose spontaneously from the yin state wu chi (ultimate nothingness). Remember that, yang is the light so its represented by white and heaven, and yin by dark and earth. An example of separing yin from yang is visible on feng shui where furniture is yin and space is yang.

The patterns of change are nothing more than combinations of yin and yang in the process of transformation. Remembering that:
Yang is firm and light line           and          Yin is a yeld and dark line
Last edited by MarcoAZS on Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

MarcoAZS

Work Sheet

Post by MarcoAZS » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:07 am

Work Sheet

This exercise will help you identify the quality of energy flowing through your body. As known, each organ of the body have an energy, now, what you have to do is to say which organs have yin quality and which ones have yang quality.
Exemple: Dense and compact organs are yin while yang organs are hollow and long. gallbladder is yang and liver is yin. After you submit your answers I will give the answers :)
Heart>>>
Small intestine>>>
Spleen>>>
Stomach>>>
Lungs>>>
Large Intestine>>>
Kidneys>>>
Bladder>>>

waiting your answer, after them we will start with building blocks, I-Ching part 03.

Nicole

~*~Answers~*~

Post by Nicole » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:13 am

Heart>>> Yang ~ Quality Of Blood
Small intestine>>> Yang ~ Quality Of Blood
Spleen>>> Yang ~ Storage
Stomach>>> Yang ~ Storage
Lungs>>> Yang ~ Excretion & Inhalation
Large Intestine>>> Yang ~ Excretion & Inhalation
Kidneys>>> Yang ~ Purifying
Bladder>>> Yanh ~ Purifying

I did some homework...
Very interesting~!!

ps,
I'll be back tonight...  :smt006

MarcoAZS

Post by MarcoAZS » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:03 pm

Here are the answers for the shy ones :)
Heart>>> >>>>> Yin
Small intestine>>>Yang
Spleen>>>>>>>>Yin
Stomach>>>>>>>Yang
Lungs>>>>>>>>>Yin
Large Intestine>>>Yang
Kidneys>>>>>>>>Yin
Bladder>>>>>>>>Yang

Don't worry if you did not get a bunch, I myself got only 4 out of 4, but thats only useful for doctors and acpunture :) in some hours, going to I-ching 03 :)

Light and Criteria!
MarcoAZS

Mystic Meg

Post by Mystic Meg » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:11 pm

I always think the lung should be yang lol, I understand why it isn't but it would make sense if it was yang like the other organs that take in from outside.

MarcoAZS

Post by MarcoAZS » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:27 am

well for me it can be anything I don't understand biology anyways!
The only thing that most bother me in yin and yang, is that yin is black and yang is white, even so time had passed I still cant accept it :)!

Lights and Kan!
MarcoAZS
do you even hear me? Or right now it just got impossible for you? Do you even try? Think on yourself for a while

yoyocue

Post by yoyocue » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:08 pm

MarcoAZS wrote:well for me it can be anything I don't understand biology anyways!
The only thing that most bother me in yin and yang, is that yin is black and yang is white, even so time had passed I still cant accept it :)!
  You may think about Yin is "night"/"women and Yang is "day"/man.
If you understand Chiense characters of Yin and Yang, you will understand it.
How Yin and Yang in Chinese characters is formed? You better understand "Chinese Pictograph". If you want to know "Chinese Pictograph", you better know traditional Chinese. Only traditional Chinese still keep Chinese characters formed. You can not get understand "Chinese Pictograph" from simplified Chinese characters.
It is a long long story.

Return to “I-Ching”