What is the best resource for I Ching?

I-Ching or the "Book of Changes" is an ancient Chinese divination manual and book of wisdom. Know more about it.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

VirtualBabe

What is the best resource for I Ching?

Post by VirtualBabe » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:10 am

I first became interested in the I Ching thanks to the TV series Dark Shadows.  and yes, I know that the use they put it to has no bearing on the real Book Of Changes.  Over time I drifted away from all things esoteric, but after a number of other changes I have made in my life, I have recently begun to re-immerse  myself in several areas, including  the I Ching.  I've got three  resources so far for the Book Of Changes.  The Wilhelm/Baynes translation, a translation by Stephen Karcher, and a set of cards by Barbara Walker caled I Ching of the Goddess. Hey I am a girl and I see everything from a somewhat femininist POV :smt004

Xia

Post by Xia » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:02 am

This is one set I haven't got, do you think they are any good? I am not sure that I recognise Barbara's authority on the I-ching being the work of the goddess though, especially way back then in China when females were seen and not heard?

kilntec

Book of Changes

Post by kilntec » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:39 am

My favorite is The I Ching (Book of Changes) by Aleister Crowley.  It is written from back to front (IE: Oriental & Semitic traditions), hexagrams are read from bottom to top. Published by Level Press, San Francisco. I found it in the mid 70's.
 Also like Blofeld's edition, instructive and proper attitude, you can almost feel him growing spiritually as he progresses.

alee

Post by alee » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:29 pm

I would like to recommend 2 books by Wu Wei:
The I Ching, Power Press. ISBN 0-943015-07-3
I Ching Readings : Interpreting the answers, ISBN 0-943015-15-4
whispers of the heart

p3ntacle

Post by p3ntacle » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:37 pm

The I Ching Oracle Deck by Osho comes with a book that is pretty handy as well as beautiful images. I find it seems to have more of a learning curve. I would recommend finding any standard I Ching book first. I have a book that's just called "The I Ching" that was bought for me at a thrift store for only a couple dollars. I use it all the time.

Sir Mullich Vn

Post by Sir Mullich Vn » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:48 pm

Have you heard of Alex Chiu. For English books the book Super I ching is very well written. I have been amazed by the number of real examples.

alen9788

Post by alen9788 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:44 pm

It is advised to find an experienced Chinese master to learn I Ching.
Accurate prediction by top Chinese astrology and Change future by Feng Shui from I Ching.

Return to “I-Ching”