some suggestions on i ching

I-Ching or the "Book of Changes" is an ancient Chinese divination manual and book of wisdom. Know more about it.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Sir Mullich Vn

some suggestions on i ching

Post by Sir Mullich Vn » Sat May 09, 2015 4:39 pm

Hello friends

This is my first sign-in in 5 years. In fact talking much about oneself could lead to some big trouble especially in Vietnam. In this post i will point out some ideas that might attract your attention.

1. Practice I Ching often. Tired of casting the coins? Try casting by composing a program that yields a hexagram fully associated with all necessary accompanying items, for example the 12 earthly branches, the self line, the others' line, the cash line, the six beasts, the 5 elements, etc.
Frankly speaking i'm not good at programming, so i use MS Excel to compose a file that help me generate any fully illustrated hexagram within less than a second.

2. I must repeat reminding you that if you cast the coins with the help of computers you will fast develop your ability in reading hexagrams which help you a lot in daily activities. You might have read the book Super I Ching by Alex Chiu, you should read that book if you don't know Chinese or Vietnamese. Write down, for example, some instructions on personal safety, then cast the coins using a computer program as described above, asking for instance "is there anything that could harm me in the next 10 days?"; try asking that same question dozens of times repeatedly, and draw experience for yourself.
Ok, practice a lot and you will be highly skilled.

3. Or you can print and photocopy some pieces of paper that will help you save your time a lot when taking a pencil or ballpoint pen to write down hexagrams.

Casting the coins more and more, prove yourself, and stun the bad guys who keep on doubting your ability!

Talia

Post by Talia » Sat May 09, 2015 4:52 pm

How do you get the lines into Excel is there typeface that has the lines?

Sir Mullich Vn

Post by Sir Mullich Vn » Sun May 10, 2015 2:52 am

Ok i'm typing with a Masstel tablet pc and typing speed, as you know, on a tablet pc is not fast.

You use this "-" to indicate a yang line and "--" to indicate a yin line.

Nowadays tablet PCs are everywhere. Buy one, read a Wild Crane (vietnamese: Dã Hạc Lão Nhân) style I ching book, and you'll know what to program or which functions to compose on Excel.

Think of a situation when you and some others enter a cafe. When a guy talks about something strange, you take your tablet PC out, cast the coins, ask "is this buddy boasting?"

Please be cooperative. Thank you.

Talia

Post by Talia » Sun May 10, 2015 10:10 am

Forgive, I just meant is there a type that gives the lines in format now I know there is not I will carry on typing  __ __ __

Return to “I-Ching”