Spirit guides

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

ligit

Spirit guides

Post by ligit » Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:12 pm

I've done a meditation to contact my spirit guide and when i asked for a name..they name 'Astennu' keep comming to my head, how can i be sure that this is my spirit guide/totem animal

Angelique

Post by Angelique » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:14 pm

I would say Astennu is your totem animal since he is a baboon.

Sin City Girl

Post by Sin City Girl » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:53 am

What an interesting animal totem to have!  I didn't even know what Astennu meant....

Is it possible for your Spirit Guide to take the shape of animals?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:50 pm

That is the question, sin!  Many believe that animals can be spirit guides and many feel they can not.  As totems they can give us a hint as to characteristics, etc. and we can always learn from all spirit input.

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:59 pm

Personally, I think that if one is talking about an individual, animal (or human) then that is a guide not a totem. A totem is a generic term for that breed or species of animal and their many traits and the lessons that can be learned from that particular animal. Totems come to help us and to show us how learning their way of life or their gifts, will enrich our own in some way.  7 of the 9 totems change as we grow and develop.  2 stay constant. And although guides do come and go they do not change nearly as often, and are distinctive.   So for me your hearing one of the wisest and greatest baboons of the underworld would mean that he is here to guide you through a certain phase of your life. Not as just another baboon!

Aviendra

Post by Aviendra » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:38 pm

This could very well be true.

I myself have 3 animals surrounding me. I have a dolphin over my crown and he is there to teach me overall tranquility and love and gentle grace. I have an eagle on my right, and he is there to teach me a certain "perception" in how I see things and last but certainly not least, I have a baby owl on my left. He is very cute with large, brown eyes...he teaches me wisdom and as I grow older and learn new lessons, he grows with me.

I am told everyone has animals guiding them aswell as spirit guides :)

Hope this helps

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:10 pm

Aviendra wrote: I am told everyone has animals guiding them aswell as spirit guides :)
Who says an animal or insect or plant are any different from a person? We can certainly learn from all?

Sin City Girl

Post by Sin City Girl » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:19 am

There are horse in almost every dream I have.  It makes me wonder if it is my animal totem or if my spirit guide is taking form of a horse, because it's something I easily relate too.

Aviendra, what a lovely post!  It really made me smile, picture the little animal spiritual "family".  Your very lucky to be so aware and in tune with them!

Best Wishes, Sin City Girl

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:05 pm

As long as we believe we have animals guiding us, they will come in that form.  Spirit can and does take any form that brings comfort and communion.  

To limit totems is to limit the input from an individual animal.  Just because it has species traits (just as we do) does not preclude its abilities to impart individual characteristics.

A horse is considered one of the most psychic of animals.  Seeing horses (and they are a frequent symbol in dreams and/or visions) is considered a sensitive approach.  As we are a part of all things in a dream...it is our sensitivities that are addressed.

Return to “Psychic”