Dragonflies

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Deborah

Dragonflies

Post by Deborah » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:23 pm

Do they have any meanings ??

I have never noticed them up around my house .........  

I had one fly by my kitchen window ..and repeat doing a circle over and over ..flew away came back .. circled and did this a total of 3 times ...

It was a blue big dragonfly.

Just wondering made me feel like it meant something so maybe it did.

Angelique

Post by Angelique » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:16 pm

I feel dragonfly's and butterfly's have meaning and sometimes they are just pretty insects. Sometimes I feel they carry the soul of a loved one who is visiting for a spell... to say hello. :)

Gem

Animal Totems - Dragonflies

Post by Gem » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:26 am

Deborah wrote:Do they have any meanings ??

I have never noticed them up around my house .........  

I had one fly by my kitchen window ..and repeat doing a circle over and over ..flew away came back .. circled and did this a total of 3 times ...

It was a blue big dragonfly.

Just wondering made me feel like it meant something so maybe it did.
Dragonflies as animal totems are said to have the power of light.:) For every animal totem we can learn four lessons,  from some maybe more. The Dragonfly starts off his life in water then moves to the air and then eventually passes over on land. They have the power to be adaptable and live in all three environments, which can be a very valuable asset when it comes to changing your own environment.
Blue is the colour of spirit in the Native American tradition, (red is the colour of the road of life that we walk now) So the beautiful blue dragonflies are said to bring us a message from spirit about where we are in our lives right now :) The red dragonflies give us help with day to day problems that we might be going through. Green can bring us healing answers and black tell us about our shadow side that we all keep hidden :)

Dragonflies are said to help us with our emotions, they flit and twist and change direction in an instant and their speed of direction change is astonishing. Perhaps this aspect might be one to investigate further, looking at your emotional side and which way you are going next? They are highly territorial and protective over their 'home' flying straight at other insects and dodging at the last moment. And when the invader tries to strike back the dragonfly goes into invisible mode and plays the light off its wings so that it goes unseen in the glare of the sun.  This gives them the illusion of the power of light, changing how people see them depending on which direction is on view, perhaps you need to use this aspect in your life right now to conceal your emotions or to show them in a different light? Their young take two years to grow to maturity so for many dragonflies might signify this time span.

Butterflies are said to have the power of metamorphosise, they indicate the growth of the spirit emerging from a cocoon and then seeing the light :)

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:34 pm

pretty cool. i see the small green ones from time to time.

richardredhawk

Totem Animals

Post by richardredhawk » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:58 pm

The Dragonfly is actually a dragon that was tricked by the coyote into changing into a dragonfly and once this happened he could not change back as goes the Native American legends (my ancestors) To us the Dragonfly stands for Illusion and the lessons he presents are change, adapt, learn, grow.
The butterfly represents Transmutation which help us in change, joy, color.
When you see these in an unusual setting such as a 10 story building outside your window there is a message that is there for you to understand.
Now if you see a dragonfly and you are around a lake it is normal they would be there but if it purchases itself directly in front of your face and hovers while looking at you while it, again message.
Now to my culture there are two meanings one is the animal present to pass on a message or did it appear because you are not using (being out of balance) their energy in the correct way .
Each of us has 7 Totem animals that work with us in our life and have been assigned to put it simply since our birth, now this does not mean others will not help.
But this is not a lesson but just a short explantion on the Totem used by us in our everyday life.

sidewalk_bends

Re: Totem Animals

Post by sidewalk_bends » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:09 am

richardredhawk wrote:The Dragonfly is actually a dragon that was tricked by the coyote into changing into a dragonfly and once this happened he could not change back as goes the Native American legends (my ancestors) To us the Dragonfly stands for Illusion and the lessons he presents are change, adapt, learn, grow.
The butterfly represents Transmutation which help us in change, joy, color.
When you see these in an unusual setting such as a 10 story building outside your window there is a message that is there for you to understand.
Now if you see a dragonfly and you are around a lake it is normal they would be there but if it purchases itself directly in front of your face and hovers while looking at you while it, again message.
Now to my culture there are two meanings one is the animal present to pass on a message or did it appear because you are not using (being out of balance) their energy in the correct way .
Each of us has 7 Totem animals that work with us in our life and have been assigned to put it simply since our birth, now this does not mean others will not help.
But this is not a lesson but just a short explantion on the Totem used by us in our everyday life.
Interesting your name is red hawk.  I was thinking of one when I saw a picture of an eagle on this board a little earlier. Instead of seeing the eagle that was there I saw a red hawk.

Another interesting thing you mentioned about a 10 story building. What would you make of seeing a lady bug or a walking stick type insect. I'm on the 6th floor and I see bugs and birds right out of my window all of the time. It often makes me wonder. Imagine seeing a hummingbird this high up out your window...strange as there are no flowers this high.

Thanks for the post.

richardredhawk

Totems

Post by richardredhawk » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:47 am

Lessons come in the most unsual ways and you have payed attention to your surroundings and have received at least one answer to a question you have asked, you will see that I said at least 1 answer/qestion.
Hawk is considered VISION, GUARDIAN, MESSENGER and it is great to see that you have 3 very interesting animals and at least that many answers to that many questions you have asked  lately.
The Praying Mantis or walking stick as you call it represents Power of Stillness, lessons are patience or missed opportunities (waiting toooooooo long)
The Lady bug is another good one as it 's apperance is usuall one of happiness or a renewed sense of well being.
Now when you couple that with the Hummingbird which is called Joy you have some great things there.
Now the order they appeared is important as to how the answers were presented. since there were 3 which is 1st, 2nd and 3rd. then look at the meanings again.
When animals appear to you this way the best thing to do is to sit back and relax and look within to see what you have been asking or seeking because the appearance of these fellows as you have described were there for one reason to get your attention, as these 3 fellows usually are much lower and around plants.

Hope this helps you.

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:04 am

Hi Richard,

I was always taught and I believe that we have 9 totems, not the seven you mention. I guess it all depends which tribe and division you are from?

richardredhawk

Totems

Post by richardredhawk » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:48 pm

Yes there are 9 I neglected  :smt015  to mention your walks beside which would be your teacher the left hand and your protector the right hand.
For those who are not farmiliar with the totems the others are  East, South, West, North, Above, Below and Within then the walks beside for total 9.
I am so accustomed to them being there that I sometimes forget to acknowledge them and Spirit has a way of letting us know when it is time to pay attention so this is another sound  :smt016 slap on the hand.
Thank you for help as well.

Meganlee

NEATO!

Post by Meganlee » Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:36 pm

All the info on dragonflies is great, i never knew any of it! It's very interesting because the summer i fell in love with my husband there were swarms and swarms of them around his and my house... they seemed to follow us everywhere. the day after i met him i found one dead but perfectly preserved on my doorstep.  Before that summer i had never seen a single one in utah in my 10 years living here.

Deborah

Post by Deborah » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:55 pm

thanks for all the info .. that is a lot of info to take in ..will read again ..thanks everyone!

TarotPlus

Post by TarotPlus » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:36 pm

Dragonfly to me signifies that posisibly there are areas in your life that you need to look at more closely, maybe they do not serve any great purpose anymore at this point in your life's walk. You need to look past the illusion and make necessary changes to your way of life and thoughts need to be looked at closely as well. This is a time for you to make changes that have been needed to be looked at for quite awhile now, so go ahead in the knowledge that with Dragonfly beside you you can safely make positive changes. Love and Light to you.

Return to “Psychic”