Are you Psychic?

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

ol371

Post by ol371 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:00 am

I don't know if I'd be considered psychic.  That term seems to have a million different interpretations and perceptions.  I used to take for granted (especially when I was young)  that everyone is sensing or feeling or just knowing in the same manner as I was.  

As an example, I didn't know until I was 12 yrs old that I was very near-sighted.  I used to sit in the very last row and couldn't see the math equations being written on the board.  It never occurred to me to ask for glasses or to sit up front, because as a child I just assumed that everyone's vision was blurry like mine.   When I got glasses and found out all the detail that I had been missing I was shocked.  That may have helped develop my other senses though.  

My ability to "feel" other people was the same to me; I just assumed everyone could tell that "Johnny's" father was abusive and an alcoholic even though I was never told and never met him.  

My greatest interest or ability is with animals though.  I can walk into a room full of people and my attention will go straight to whatever animal is in the area.  What really bothers me recently is that my beloved dog just passed away a few weeks ago and any ability I have went right out the window.   I was caught by surprise.  In retrospect, there were signs (symbols really) that were around a few weeks prior, but even then I didn't apply them to my dog.  Psychic ability without the objectivity or with emotional attachment doesn't seem to work well for me.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:07 pm

What else, mysticangel, would you call reading the energies - if not a psychic?  That is the whole premise of being a psychic - the ability to read the energies around the client and thereby see where they are going in life.  If nothing changes (which is not possible) then they would arrive at point B from where they now stand at point A.

That is a psychic!

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:35 pm

I will not mince words!

If one is a psychic and does not *know* it, there is much growth to be completed before the inner-source can speak freely!

This is given against the basic background belief that all of us are psychic to some extent.

We are all wonderfully capable telephone and television sets with numerous potential options, possibilities and if we came with a manual, it would be 10 DVDs thick, if you catch my drift.

Now the next challenge that needs to be overcome is to find out is the best "service" [[for each of us individuals]] to connect to (no PUN intended!)

RR

[quote="ol371"]I don't know if I'd be considered psychic.  That term seems to have a million different interpretations and perceptions.  I used to take for granted (especially when I was young)  that everyone is sensing or feeling or just knowing in the same manner as I was.  

As an example, I didn't know until I was 12 yrs old that I was very near-sighted.  I used to sit in the very last row and couldn't see the math equations being written on the board.  It never occurred to me to ask for glasses or to sit up front, because as a child I just assumed that everyone's vision was blurry like mine.   When I got glasses and found out all the detail that I had been missing I was shocked.  That may have helped develop my other senses though.  

My ability to "feel" other people was the same to me; I just assumed everyone could tell that "Johnny's" father was abusive and an alcoholic even though I was never told and never met him.  

My greatest interest or ability is with animals though.  I can walk into a room full of people and my attention will go straight to whatever animal is in the area.  What really bothers me recently is that my beloved dog just passed away a few weeks ago and any ability I have went right out the window.   I was caught by surprise.  In retrospect, there were signs (symbols really) that were around a few weeks prior, but even then I didn't apply them to my dog.  Psychic ability without the objectivity or with emotional attachment doesn't seem to work well for me.[/quote]

Leslie

Interesting Question???

Post by Leslie » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:07 am

I feel that everybody has this ability. Some are just tuned to it a little more than others. I feel that you really have to be open and really listen.

As far as me... I feel the more I grow spiritually, the more intune I get. But, I still have a long way to go. I will say this, when I was meditating on a regular basis and really trying to find my way spiritually. I was very in tune with everything around me. Even though I have gotten off my path here lately, things just happen. The phone may ring and I know who it is before I look at caller id. Also, if someone that I haven't thought about in a really long time is on my mind or in a dream...usually they are going through something really bad at the time. When I call on that person they usually are sick or just need to talk. My grandma and mom were the same way. Although some of my dreams do come true. But, usually it is way down the road. It comes like deja vu. As a matter of fact my first french kiss was a deja vu... :smt005  I have stopped arguments that way before also. I feel that I am more of a telepath. I sense what people are feeling or who and what they are really about. I especially sense people who are really going through a rough time emotionally and really need to talk. These can be perfect strangers. I use to always say to my friends do I have "Please tell me your problems. I Can Help" tattoed on my forhead...lol LIterrally strangers I just met would just open up to me. I really do not mind though. I feel that helping others is a wonderful thing. THe problem is I can fix them, but not myself... :smt002   I can also tell when I am being lied too or how people feel about others.  I just trust my instints and go whichever way they lead me.

ol371

Post by ol371 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:04 am

Leslie, I feel like my senses are similar to yours.  The things you experience are very common for me as well, and also with animals which happens to be a great passion of mine.

RR, I used the phrase I don't know if I would be CONSIDERED psychic, not that I didn't KNOW if I was.  I don't question what my abilities and limitations are.  I just know that if I walked into a room full of strangers and announced I am psychic, some people would expect me to see or talk to dead people or make predictions or solve brutal crimes that the police have been unable to, etc.   Let's face it, some people hear the word psychic and automatically think "nut job"!!   Some people might consider me as just very intuitive or observant or emphathetic.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:51 pm

ol371:  So is what you are trying to do is clarify what is psychic?  

The fact is it will ever be so.  The public at large, the materialists who do not consider this energy at all, will always dismiss those who have it and work with it in all those ways.  That is the nature of the psychic work.

What is psychic?  If this question were asked in various groups and settings, you would get as many answers.  Is that what you are seeking?

The fact is...the psychic abilities are available to all human beings.  Those who do not have experiences shut it down and off because their focus is on material conditions.

Being spiritual is an option.  Having psychic abilities does not automatically mean you are working at spirituality.  Many a psychic forms their demonstration without any spirituality at all and athiests also make good psychics.  When we open spiritually, we are opening another avenue of growth.

dreamer2010

Post by dreamer2010 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:25 pm

me? Let me see...I'm a speaker I know the langauge of the universe and I am clairvoyant, mind reader, healer and other various things that i do not have tome to list

Elisechaina

Post by Elisechaina » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:42 pm

Hi, I think Ive always thought of myself as being 'different', but could never put my finger on it! - I would say though that  my sensitivity has increased since a string of traumas in my life. I have 'gut feelings' about certain people, and more often than not, they are generally very accurate. I dont think I am clairvoyant, but I sense things, and feel things. I do find also that I can soak up others energies very quickly, and this can lead me to feel very odd, so I protect myself with my 'bubble' regime. Also another weird thing lately is, I seem to know intuitively what is going on in other people's lives without being told, that's a new thing, and that quite scares me. I hope that helps! x

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:45 am

Dear Elise,

I am responding to one of your messages posted in duplicate.

It was wonderful to read your message about psychic experience.

When I was a young lad, I always wondered about: When Would SHE tell me all so I could ACT! So, I could start my life and what I am supposed to do in this lifetime of mine!

MA (SHE) still smiles when I look up to HER, just as SHE did decades ago when I asked her these questions ...

While waiting for her to tell me what to do!

???

RR

[quote="Elisechaina"]Hi, I think Ive always thought of myself as being 'different', but could never put my finger on it! - I would say though that  my sensitivity has increased since a string of traumas in my life. I have 'gut feelings' about certain people, and more often than not, they are generally very accurate. I dont think I am clairvoyant, but I sense things, and feel things. I do find also that I can soak up others energies very quickly, and this can lead me to feel very odd, so I protect myself with my 'bubble' regime. Also another weird thing lately is, I seem to know intuitively what is going on in other people's lives without being told, that's a new thing, and that quite scares me. I hope that helps! x[/quote]

dado89

Post by dado89 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:33 pm

I don't know but sadly I don't think so...

Return to “Psychic”