Was this a vision???

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:37 pm

BLouise wrote:Nyte - My family is open to such supernatural happenings, but only in the sense that they want to gossip about anyone who has had an experience and there have been a few.  I don't talk with them about it because I don't want to be tomorrows new gossip.  I don't really have much contact with them because they are across the US from me.  My husband and his family are superstitious, but that isn't really the same to me so I do feel like I don't really fit in anywhere.

Chrisdee - I agree, I think guided meditation is better than no meditation.  I have also heard than you can tap into your abilities better while in the alpha state, but I haven't done much research on it so I don't know for sure.  Thanks for those examples.  Have you ever been able to know what it means ahead of time or are you only able to recognize them after the fact?

An altered state of consciousness such as alpha is more readily recognized when you return to conscious state.  You realize you have been altered in a casual way.
God bless, J

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:32 pm

Al - I have never experience remote viewing so I can't give you any information.  That would be a cool gift to have :)

Spiritalk - Do you have any insight on what this might have been?  When I said I was unaware of my surroundings what I meant was that I was able to block everything out and focus on quieting my mind which is usually very hard for me because as chrisdee had mentioned I also have a busy house.  I don't feel like I was hypnotized, although I have never been so probably wouldn't know it if I was.  Though I would have noticed if someone or something would have made a noise or spoke to me.  Do you feel that guided meditation is not a good way to tap into psychic abilities?  Can you suggest a way to enhance ability or do you believe that you either have it or you don't?  I would love your thoughts.  I have found it hard to meditate unaided firstly because I don't really know how and secondly I have a hard time quieting my mind.  You seem to be very knowledgeable in these areas any input is appreciated.
“And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.” – T.S. Elliot

al64

Post by al64 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:13 pm

“”Al - I have never experience remote viewing so I can't give you any information.  That would be a cool gift to have"

Hi again
I have been trying remote viewing lately and I'm told that anyone can do it.
One of the things I've been doing, with some success, is to slide a bookmark into a closed magazine with plenty of pictures and then sit quietly and envision what is on the (usually) right-hand page. You don't need to concentrate, just look into the part of your imagination that you might see the faces of family members and wait for the images to form. I tend to get bits of things and so when you get something draw it on a pad and then close your eyes again and look for more. This takes about fifteen minutes in all. I'm told that words are almost impossible and I never see them. Shapes like squares and triangles come in parts and the border of the page may come to you as two or to four right angles.
As an example, I chose a page with only a worded advertisement and I got two right angles and the impression of red – nothing else. When I looked at the page there was an ad with just large red lettering and a bold square border around it.
The clearest one was a dramatic picture by Henry Fuseli “Touch of Ithuriels Spear” (See Google). The first impression was of something straight pointing in the air and then the shape of light in the background. The last thing was of someone sitting and leaning their head  on their left hand – that turned out to be a woman. Looking at the picture it was pretty close. I think dramatic things must be easier to view.
The trouble seems to be that as soon as you see something, your imagination interprets it as something you know and getting rid of this tendency would be great, but I haven't managed it yet.

Remote viewing is just a magic trick that is amusing and I find that it tends to clear, quiet, my mind of the noise of the day and it's very relaxing.

Meditation requires quiet and my wife is into this although I find it difficult for some reason.
Hope this helps.

Al :)

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:13 pm

Not to reinvent the wheel - there is a lot of information in the articles on meditation in the Mediumship Development on Mystic Academy.

Guided meditation is NOT good - you are using someone else's visual input.  Try for your own.  You are not the same as any other being - you are unique and individual in your own tastes.  When we meditate understanding our own consciousness we find our own peace centre and comfort zone in meditation.

While every human being is capable of being psychic, understanding it and using it is another matter.  The more we know, the better we function.  Learn from the development for your own best good.  Whatever talents you have in the psychic can then unfold at their best.

Meditation is literally interpreted as .... to think upon!  Do not try to stop the mind - it just won't happen - until you are dead.  Scientists have recently recorded the fact that we meditate all the time.  We allow our minds to wander or wool gather and in that state we are shifting to an alpha approach - thinking, with alertness to the activity, but relaxed into it.  Anyone can do it and everyone does it.

One of the most important aspects when you have put your own meditation time together and are sitting relaxed and quiet - the usually daily thoughts will interfere - it happens to everyone - to handle them - blow a gentle breeze in your chosen scene of peace and allow they come in - then go out.  Do not sit down and expect the mind to do all the work - you have to make a place to put the mind at peace - left to its own resources the mind just wanders all over and does not focus for control.
God bless, J

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:14 pm

spiritalk wrote:Not to reinvent the wheel - there is a lot of information in the articles on meditation in the Mediumship Development on Mystic Academy.

Guided meditation is NOT good - you are using someone else's visual input.  Try for your own.  This can be self hypnosis.  You are not the same as any other being - you are unique and individual in your own tastes.  When we meditate understanding our own consciousness we find our own peace centre and comfort zone in meditation.

While every human being is capable of being psychic, understanding it and using it is another matter.  The more we know, the better we function.  Learn from the development for your own best good.  Whatever talents you have in the psychic can then unfold at their best.

Meditation is literally interpreted as .... to think upon!  Do not try to stop the mind - it just won't happen - until you are dead.  Scientists have recently recorded the fact that we meditate all the time.  We allow our minds to wander or wool gather and in that state we are shifting to an alpha approach - thinking, with alertness to the activity, but relaxed into it.  Anyone can do it and everyone does it.

One of the most important aspects when you have put your own meditation time together and are sitting relaxed and quiet - the usually daily thoughts will interfere - it happens to everyone - to handle them - blow a gentle breeze in your chosen scene of peace and allow they come in - then go out.  Do not sit down and expect the mind to do all the work - you have to make a place to put the mind at peace - left to its own resources the mind just wanders all over and does not focus for control.
God bless, J

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:06 pm

Al - spiritalk says in her post that meditation means "to think upon" then I would guess that what you do w/ your remote viewing could be considered a meditation in its self.  It is rare for me to get 15 minutes of free, quiet time (when I say free I mean w/out a child napping on me), but if I do happen to come upon the chance I'll have to give your method a try.  It would be interesting to see if I could actually come up w/ anything.

Spiritalk - thank you for your input.  I will check out meditation section.
“And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.” – T.S. Elliot

Return to “Psychic”