Free Will

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Gem

Free Will

Post by Gem » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:40 pm

Do you believe we have free will, and that the future is what WE make it?

That we can affect our futures by every breath we take and every step we make and every decision or thought?

Perhaps just by having a reading we can change the outcome of events, listening to advice and being consciously pro-active in our life decisions, rather than being passive and saying we can't change anything?

Perhaps readings should be empowering and positively optimistic rather than containing doom and gloom predictions and negatively denying us hope?

Shouldn't we take back the responsibility for our own lives and make our own decisions?

Nyteshadecreed

Re: Free Will

Post by Nyteshadecreed » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:09 pm

Yes I believe in free will and that we can and do affect our own futures, and that getting advice, even advice we don't intend to follow does change it all, because it is still there inside of you... ya know?
I think that doom and gloom readings, as you have called them are more of a HEY you need to listen reading than a negative thing, seeing as you can change it all and by simply getting the reading you are changing it.... It is one of the reasons that I do give readings if I get something from it in the first place, I only respond if I get something, which I feel I was meant to... I think that who we are is who we are born to be, and that the free will comes in with what we do with it and how we contribute to the world at large.

and Yes we do need to take responsibility for our lives and our decisions, though we will often need help and guidance, it is us behind the drivers seat and no one else.....

KHEM

Re: Free Will

Post by KHEM » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:13 pm

Gem wrote:Do you believe we have free will, and that the future is what WE make it?

That we can affect our futures by every breath we take and every step we make and every decision or thought?

Perhaps just by having a reading we can change the outcome of events, listening to advice and being consciously pro-active in our life decisions, rather than being passive and saying we can't change anything?

Perhaps readings should be empowering and positively optimistic rather than containing doom and gloom predictions and negatively denying us hope?

Shouldn't we take back the responsibility for our own lives and make our own decisions?
You said it Gem, the future is exactly what we make it.... by our thoughts.

Of course, a gifted clairvoyant can only perceive what is likely to happen to you but you have your Free Will that enables you to change whatever has been foreseen.
Besides, a responsible clairvoyant will advise you as such, regardless of how much money you are willing to provide for them to take that responsibility off you.

A lot of people seem to be afraid of responsibility when it comes to their lives, that's the reason why so many swindlers are just ready to take advantage of people's weaknesses.
Attachments
knowyourself.jpg
knowyourself.jpg (51.27 KiB) Viewed 3672 times

Nyteshadecreed

Post by Nyteshadecreed » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:27 pm

Well said Khem!! I also love the message of the picture you posted with it!!

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:36 pm

If we did not have free will....what was the use of any reading.....what was the use of any effort...we was just Robots with ready made path for us.
If it was intended we should have a partner...he/she would arrive at the time stipulated.....our children would come to the time written in the big book and so would also our death. There was no need to struggle to achieve a better life because if you have no will....you just have to follow the path true life....and the best of all....we would not need Readings or Readers heheheh just kidding....but they would have no impact what so ever.

With free will....we ourself are put in the front seat of OUR OWN LIFE....it is not sait that you can do everything you want...it is not said that you will succeed in everything you do.....but if you try....you might make a better life for yourself and your family.
Since we live in communities we are very dependent of what happen around us, what possibilities that open up....what laws we are regulated by and so on.
But due to our free will, and if in free country, you are allowed to move in order to better yourself.

Many times we find ourself in a miserable situation. Then it can be nice to have a Reading done.
For the Reader then to give a "Doom" reading, must only be to put stones to the burden.
In my opinion a good Reader must read the person and also read the possibilities on how to better the outcome of the reading.
So a good reading might contain "bad news" but must be followed up with ways to avoid them....if this can't be done....then better not tell the bad news either.
A seeker is almost in a "hard" situation...done by the way he/she now control his life....so a Reading must in most cases be followed up with urge to change course.

S a Reader shall both be a good judge of character as well as good in his/her art :)

MangoMom

Post by MangoMom » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:54 pm

Free Will is a must in our existence.  Our life purpose is to experience and learn, we can't learn from always making the right choices, we have to make wrong or bad choices as well.  As a human being we are blessed with the ability to make choices and decisions.  When I read future for others I try to ensure that they understand the outcomes of the future are due to choices they make, I can give possibilities.  I think everyone has made an excellent comment, they all apply very well.  

Thanks Gem, that was a good one!

MangoMom

stan

Post by stan » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:32 pm

Rhutobello wrote:If we did not have free will....what was the use of any reading.....what was the use of any effort...we was just Robots with ready made path for us.

Once again, the ego is contrary to the TRUTH or a supreme God. To think I am no more than a robot and that I don't have any independent decision making outside the will of God, doesn't make any sense what so ever! This Truth is not intended to upset you but rather to help you see and set you free. Spiritual knowledge and what is talked about on the Mystic Board is laughed at. If you are interacting with the personality of God, you must not reject but pray to your God for further understanding. Sorry, that I am opposed. My paint job.
Last edited by stan on Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

mysticblue

free will

Post by mysticblue » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:28 am

I believe, in fact I have experienced, free will, is something some people have in their day to day existence, the biggere picture is mapped out for us, like a road, on which we travel , it may take a little longer to reach our ultimate goal, if we ever do attain the unobtainable. life is a learning curve, full of mystery and challenge, to those who are blessed with psychic ability, it is monitored, if you like, by our guides, lessons we need to learn and relearn are visited. Listening to your inner being and your guides aid the travel. Everyone has free will, to choose their pathway, they can change the pathway, whenever they wish, or simply travel their own unique path.

KHEM

Re: free will

Post by KHEM » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:44 am

mysticblue wrote:I believe, in fact I have experienced, free will, is something some people have in their day to day existence, the biggere picture is mapped out for us, like a road, on which we travel , it may take a little longer to reach our ultimate goal, if we ever do attain the unobtainable. life is a learning curve, full of mystery and challenge, to those who are blessed with psychic ability, it is monitored, if you like, by our guides, lessons we need to learn and relearn are visited. Listening to your inner being and your guides aid the travel. Everyone has free will, to choose their pathway, they can change the pathway, whenever they wish, or simply travel their own unique path.
Well said mysticblue! :)

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:14 pm

Many and varied experiences are given to us in the material vibration.  We sometimes draw the experience by how we are thinking and sometimes the experience seems to come unbidden by our thoughts.  In all instances there is free will choice in how we handle the circumstance.

To think in terms of a pre-determined path would be to limit this free will choice IMO.  Allowing all the experiences to play through our lives, allows us the choices to see how they will be our lessons and what we will learn and understand.

Like everyone, I am sure I have had opportunities that I didn't see or rejected.  That is the free will choice to follow through with experiences or ignore them as they pass.  Most opportunities will pass again - perhaps when we are  more ready to accept their lesson?

yourinfopro

Freewill

Post by yourinfopro » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:31 am

Khem, loved your post.
If we did not have freewill we would really have to question if we are puppets and who pulls those strings.
we choose to marry the right or wrong person, to give birth to gloriously lovely children, to give our time freely because we love  others because they exist. I would not try very hard if I had no freewill because I would not have to...the string puller would do all the work.
I am me because I can be... I like to think of it as the grace that I live by shich allows my ability to have freewill.
I love everyone..even the mean people I can tolerate at their worst times because I chose to

Roism

Post by Roism » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:04 am

I am not sure what to believe in regards to free will.

If I say I believe in free will then all that I am today is making is of my choices correct? So, if that is true, did I have choice in my birth? Was that free will? If not or if yes, then when did the free will come into existence for an individual? Does it apply only to humans or do we apply that to all beings on this earth/universe that we know to exist?

Something more to ponder on

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:03 am

Roism wrote:I am not sure what to believe in regards to free will.

If I say I believe in free will then all that I am today is making is of my choices correct?

Part of your choice...but since you don't live alone...part of others choices...and the society rules. But you are allowed to try to do the best out of it by evaluate where to best find work....who you will be friends with....who you will marry or not marry....leave the  society to find a better place and other options and so on.

So, if that is true, did I have choice in my birth? Was that free will? If not or if yes, then when did the free will come into existence for an individual?

It must be given you by birth....but not before...in order to use it you have to be alive and able to think.....your first years as human you are connected to parents....but you only need to be in an shop for toys or in a shop for candy to see what will such small humans have...If we had no will of our own....it would be much easier to visit or pass such places :)

Does it apply only to humans or do we apply that to all beings on this earth/universe that we know to exist?

It apply to us all....all animals have brain, feelings and a will and most of us try to look away from that fact.

Something more to ponder on

Return to “Psychic”