How can one find out if they are psychic?

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

marshmallu

How can one find out if they are psychic?

Post by marshmallu » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:08 am

I'm just not sure =( :smt017
i'm only 16 years old lol
but i would like to know how you can tell just in general
thank you!   :smt003

Psychic Chef

how to tell

Post by Psychic Chef » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:37 am

hi
Heres one way

1. Do You Ever Sense That The Telephone Is Going To Ring, And It Does?
2. Do You Sometimes Know What Your Partner Is Going To Say Just Before They Speak?
3. Do You Ever Have Strong Feelings About Something That Is Going To Happen, And It Does?
4. Have You Ever Been Alone In The House And Suddenly Felt As Though Someone Is Watching You, Or Standing Behind You?
5. Have You Ever Felt Uncomfortable While Sitting Alone In A Theatre Or Waiting In a Bus Queue, And When You Looked Over Your Shoulder, Someone Was Staring At You?
6. Do You Ever Dream About Specific Things Or Situations Which Later Happen?
7. Do You Ever See Pinpoints Of Bright Light round People's Heads, Or Pinpoints Of Colour Floating In The Air?
8. Do You Ever Seen A Coloured Mist Around People's Or Animals?
9. Have You Ever Thought You Have Seen A Shadowy Figure Out Of The Corner Of Your Eye While You Were Alone In The House?
10. Have You Ever Met Someone For The First Time And Felt Certain That You Know Them From Somewhere, Although You Don't?
11. Have You Ever Walked Into A House For The First Time And Immediately Been Overwhelmed By It's Warmth; Coldness; Happiness; Sadness?
12. When You Are Drifting Into Sleep, Do You Ever Hear Someone Call Your Name?
13. Have You Ever Been Overwhelmed By A Fragrance That No One Else Can Smell, Which Reminds You Of A Dead Relative Or Friend?
14. Have You Ever Handled A Piece Of Antique Jewellery And Found Pictures And Impressions Forming In Your Mind?
15. Have Strong Feelings Ever Forewarned You Not To Go To A Certain Place Or Do A Particular Thing?
16. Have You Ever Had Bad Feelings About Someone Whom Everyone Else Likes?
17. When Someone Is Unwell Do You Feel Compelled To Place Your Hand On Them In Attempt To Make Them Better?
18. Have You Ever Seen The Patterns On Curtains Or Carpets Change Into Faces?
19. Have You Ever Been Overwhelmed With The Feeling That A Friend Or Relative Or Friend, Living On The Other Side Of The World, Has Had An Accident, And Later Learned That They Had?
20. Have You Ever Felt Compelled To Write A Poem, Or A Piece Of Philosophical Writing Which, On Later Examination, Appears Completely Alien To The Way You Really Think?

It Is Quite Common To Have Experianced Two Or Perhaps Three Of The Things Listed Above.

To Have Experianced Six Or Seven Of Them Shows That You Have Psychic Potential. If You Can Answer 'Yes' To Ten, Or Even All The Things Listed, You Most Certainly Do Have A Psychic Ability

Its a bit general but is a reasonable indication.
Cheers Pete

marshmallu

Post by marshmallu » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:15 am

thank you so much
that was very helpful =)

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:14 pm

Being psychic is about being sensitive, through all your senses, to so much more than the material world.  The questions were excellent, do not despair if you weren't identified in all of them as psychic.  Trying your own sensitivities is most important.

hawkslyn

hello

Post by hawkslyn » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:06 am

i am new to this site and was wondering if i could get some advice.i have recently been doing some research for myself on empathy.
since childhood i have been able to sense things--and have answered yes to about 15 of the questions that was posted here.
however on growing up it was suggested by a lot of people this stuff should not be mentioined in public as it was taboo. so i kept it to myself and as i grew up sort of buried it but knew i had it as several events over the years have happened and i just let it pass although i knew deep inside it was something else.
for the past few years i have been asked to host a family reunion and this year have finally agreed to it.upon doing so have met two other family members with a gift has well.although since their up bringing was different then mine they accepted their gifts as they inherited from their mothers i got it from dad's side,as he and their mothers are cousins.
anyway since meeting them my gift has decided to come out more. twice now i have had episodes where my empathic gift has come out quite strongly.
the last leaving me well drained.the time has come for me to learn about it,be able to control it so it doesn't control me,and to be able to focus it.these i need to learn.
the questions i have is this
what is the difference between empathy and clairsentient.are they close together or separate gifts and can you have both.my two cousins and i are closely linked now.also what can i use my empathy for as to put it to good use.it has helped me in the past on more than one occasion and i have been grateful for that but would like to use for the good of others.
one of my cousins is clairaudio,the other is clair visual and i have either the clairsentient or empathy.can't tell which right now.i do know i can pick up on their emotions,i also know i can pick up on others and that it can overpower my own,i also know i have problems tuning it out as well.hence getting drained as i have recently.
any help will be appreciated--it is confusing me as i can't tell my own emotions over others and i need to separate this.
sorry about the long message--once i started it came pouring out.

thanks

hawkslyn

hawkslyn

hello

Post by hawkslyn » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:08 am

i am new to this site and was wondering if i could get some advice.i have recently been doing some research for myself on empathy.
since childhood i have been able to sense things--and have answered yes to about 15 of the questions that was posted here.
however on growing up it was suggested by a lot of people this stuff should not be mentioined in public as it was taboo. so i kept it to myself and as i grew up sort of buried it but knew i had it as several events over the years have happened and i just let it pass although i knew deep inside it was something else.
for the past few years i have been asked to host a family reunion and this year have finally agreed to it.upon doing so have met two other family members with a gift has well.although since their up bringing was different then mine they accepted their gifts as they inherited from their mothers i got it from dad's side,as he and their mothers are cousins.
anyway since meeting them my gift has decided to come out more. twice now i have had episodes where my empathic gift has come out quite strongly.
the last leaving me well drained.the time has come for me to learn about it,be able to control it so it doesn't control me,and to be able to focus it.these i need to learn.
the questions i have is this
what is the difference between empathy and clairsentient.are they close together or separate gifts and can you have both.my two cousins and i are closely linked now.also what can i use my empathy for as to put it to good use.it has helped me in the past on more than one occasion and i have been grateful for that but would like to use for the good of others.
one of my cousins is clairaudio,the other is clair visual and i have either the clairsentient or empathy.can't tell which right now.i do know i can pick up on their emotions,i also know i can pick up on others and that it can overpower my own,i also know i have problems tuning it out as well.hence getting drained as i have recently.
any help will be appreciated--it is confusing me as i can't tell my own emotions over others and i need to separate this.
sorry about the long message--once i started it came pouring out.

thanks

hawkslyn

Nyteshadecreed

Post by Nyteshadecreed » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:08 am

Hawkslyn

Well I am not empathic myself.. although my bet friend is... and from what she has told me when she can't find a reason for feeling the way she does then she knows that it is me... We are pretty close and often know how the other one is even without talking... so also  tells me that Extremely intense emotions aren't like her normally and those she attributes to others... I hope that this helps in some way

Nyte

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:51 pm

Being empathic, you tend to tune into other peoples' emotions - mostly their aches and pains, but sometimes also their joys.  It is the material energies that resonate with the empath.

Clairsentience is 'knowing' the world around you from a psychic/mediumship level.  It forms a part of the 5 senses, but also goes much deeper into the spirit.

Nyteshadecreed

Post by Nyteshadecreed » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:43 pm

Ahhhh that is awesome Spirit... I have the 'knowing' hehehe sounds a lot more cool than it is.... Trying to tell someone you know they shouldn't go do something.... and not have a reason why.... *sighs* I get VERY inventive.....

Gem

Post by Gem » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:22 pm

spiritalk wrote:Being empathic, you tend to tune into other peoples' emotions - mostly their aches and pains, but sometimes also their joys.  It is the material energies that resonate with the empath.
I agree that being empathic means that you can tune into and pick up others people emotions and feelings, but not necessarily their aches and pains, those are not obvious emotions at all. And many, many people can empathise and show and feel compassion, one does not need to be psychic at all.

The 'psychic version' of this is clair sentience :)  Clairsentience is receiving messages and input from feeling and touching.
Clairsentience is 'knowing' the world around you from a psychic/mediumship level.  It forms a part of the 5 senses, but also goes much deeper into the spirit.
Isn't that claircognizance?

I t is very possible and ususally more likely that when a person has one clair ability they either have or can develop the others :)

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:19 pm

All pain manifests in mind as well as body and spirit.  Hence, when the body has died, the spirit can retain, until willing to release, the pains of the body experienced before death took the body.  There is no pain in spirit - but the mind will retain it, until ready to release.

I have clairsentience and the senses work on many levels.  Empathy has worked similar to a panic attack.  Could be the one you describe is a better description?

Gem

Post by Gem » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:49 am

spiritalk wrote: Empathy has worked similar to a panic attack.  
That has happened to me before too, I think that is a very good analogy :) thanks

Nyteshadecreed

Post by Nyteshadecreed » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:39 pm

Well I just went through the list that Chef put up here and I answered Yes to all but number 7... My visuals are just now starting to really come in... *smile* but I don't get the floating lights... But someone I still 'know' LOL I think it is my 'leechiness' that makes it so that I can know....

I wanted to bump this up so that others would read it... It is a great list... Chef never ceases to amaze me at all that he knows...

Nyte

Izuno

Post by Izuno » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:32 pm

From Psychic Chef's list, is it possible to know what type of psychic a person is? From EOT, I learned the different types out there, but from the list, is it possible to identify a person as a certain psychic ability type because they can do certain numbers?

For example, if a person said yes to all but four or two, then they might psychic Type A. Or all types of psychics able to do most of the things on the list? (Am I making any sense?)

Nyteshadecreed

Post by Nyteshadecreed » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:31 pm

*smile* you are making sense... but I think that describing what you can do and then looking at what the definitions are would be the best way... but for me I don't like to label stuff... I do  what I do, and if it happens to have a name then it does if it doesn't well then it doesn't... it doesn't change that I can do it... and that there is bound to be someone else who can too... ya know what I mean?

Return to “Psychic”