Are or can Psycic abilities be genetically inherited?

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

rachael anne

Are or can Psycic abilities be genetically inherited?

Post by rachael anne » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:25 am

What do you think?Are psycic abilities random or can they be genetic?Does anyone have any proof of this or any stories or examples of why or why not this is or is not possible?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:56 pm

While everyone is capable of being psychic, it does seem to run through families.  This could be because it would be an acceptable practice and the input validated by family members.  Or it could be that the sensitivities are more open in those willing to use them, as in being accepted by families.

TJSimmons004

They are genetic

Post by TJSimmons004 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:41 pm

Yes. They can be genetic. I am psychic and I got my gift from my great grandmother.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:48 pm

No two people are exactly alike - just as no two psychics are exactly alike.  That is because the instrument is the body, mind, spirit of the individual.  Are your gifts exactly like grandmothers?  Or do you have talents that could be considered all your own?

seekerofangels

Post by seekerofangels » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:20 pm

I've wondered about this myself.  My Mother was psychic.  I was told she was born with a "veil" over her face.  I was always afraid to ask questions because she always knew what was going to happen before it happened and I didn't want to know!

Is it possible to be psychic and and the same time, keep "avoiding" it or push it down just cuz you're skeered??????

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:29 pm

More than anything else, fear can and does all but eliminate any talent at psychic awareness.  When we take charge, we learn all about the ability and can be comfortable in doing the exercises of attunement.  That is the good side to finding some instruction and/or teacher to aid your own practices.

futurespast

Post by futurespast » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:22 am

I think it can be both. My family was "retentive" enough through generations and generations to track that sort of stuff back to the Romans before last names even existed. That being said, I think its nonsense in a way. Track one's lines back far enough and surely, somebody was psychic. I personally attribute my so called "gifts" to an accident that happened to my grandfather, more than the former. I'm not saying that's right, but I feel that it is.

Nonetheless, I think everyone is psychic. It can be learned in the sense that one can hone and focus their art through work and study. Others simply have innate ability. (Analogous to some folk are honor students without trying while others have to work at getting good grades).

Tyrinaniel

Post by Tyrinaniel » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:03 pm

I've always believed everyone is psychic, because your using your "spiritual senses."  Since our spirits are tied to our bodies, it takes using using the spirit to allow the body to sense things.  Those who don't believe in psychic abilities won't use them, therefore you don't see everyone's true capabilities.  It's just a natural skill to tap into, not something to lord over others.  Believers in God pray to God.  Does that make them psychic?  Or were we all psychic to begin with?  Is psychic just a label for those who practice that ability, or term for the spiritual skills?  I'm sure if everyone practiced these abilities from the beginning, "psychic" would have a different meaning.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:24 pm

Not all psychics work from the spirit, nor are they spiritually motivated.  Many a psychic has set up themselves to read without a single thought to spirituality.  They can and do read energies - it is a sensitivity we have within the human complex that can open to 'more' in the universe than the eyes can see and the ears can hear.

Spirituality is a choice.  We can develop our awareness of God, angels and spirit realms through our own practices of spirit.  Spirit guides come on the natural law of attraction - the more spiritually motivated, the more spiritual the guides.  

All things in life offer us personal choice and responsibility.  How we deal with our opportunities is a measure of our own being.

daleyfla99

Yes.

Post by daleyfla99 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:03 pm

I am 3rd Generation Psychic.  It is a gift from Above and some people are more attuned than others, I think.  But I do agree that most people at the very least have a 6th sense.

xsilver_moonx

Post by xsilver_moonx » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:19 am

I believe it does.The ability also seems to favor women.It went from my great-grandma to my grandma to my mothe to me.I think my great-great grandma might have been , but Noone knows that far back.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:20 pm

We kind of looked at that idea of woman more than men.  The conclusion we drew was that woman have the ability to cross over in their brains from one side to the other more readily.  

It would seem that the logical approach by men is not as conducive.  This is a generalization and of course, does not apply to everyone.  And there are some truly wonderful male mediums recorded in history.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:20 pm

We kind of looked at that idea of woman more than men.  The conclusion we drew was that woman have the ability to cross over in their brains from one side to the other more readily.  

It would seem that the logical approach by men is not as conducive.  This is a generalization and of course, does not apply to everyone.  And there are some truly wonderful male mediums recorded in history.

jtanne

Post by jtanne » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:42 am

I also believe that psychic abilities are somewhat genetic but I think everyone has them to some extent.  I think what is sad is that people, women especially, are taught not to trust their "intuition" because sometimes it is not the most polite thing to do.  I have often caught myself not doing what I normally would because I am scared I might offend someone.  I am trying to get away from that and trust my "gut" instinct which is usually correct.

Psychic abilities are not something that is talked about in my family but I know things have happened to my grandmother and my mom and I also have seen my daughters do and say things that lead me to believe they have abilities as well.

Forest Of Mysteries

Post by Forest Of Mysteries » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:04 pm

It is much easier now than iot once was. Many children would block their gift and close down to spirit for fear of being tormented and teased and called names.

I think that the gift runs in families, but maybe because of the energy and expression rather than the genes?

Return to “Psychic”