I Envy You

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

MaggieRose

I Envy You

Post by MaggieRose » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:55 pm

I envy the psychics in a way.  Sometimes though I understand you have more to bear than you can deal with.  But it would be nice knowing sometimes what to do or how to do.

I always seem to trust the wrong people but then I think they were put in my way for a reason and for a lesson for me to learn even though sometimes they are hard.

Just know, I am praying for you and hope you have the strength to deal.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:23 pm

Even our personal psychic senses do not prevent us from dealing with the wrong people.  Psychics are sensitive to others, that is what being psychic is all about.  So they seek the highest and best from everyone they deal with in life.  They are often disappointed in their trust.  

As to the abilities (clairs) there is a lot of knowledge abounding on these topics and help is on the way.  There are sites like this one with knowledgable people to aid the journey.  Knowledge is power.

7_Foot_Indian

Post by 7_Foot_Indian » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:34 pm

Just wanted to say as a non-psychic that we seek the highest and best from everyone too, though I would like to think I could accept anyone for who they were. What can I say, I admit that I judge. I'm working on it.

Maggie, I believe we are all given all that which we can handle, whether we are psychic or not. I don't think that a psychic is more special than anyone else just because they can feel people or see ghosts. We all come to this great Earth with something to offer. We just have to learn to accept who we all are. Don't envy. You have much to offer too!

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:16 pm

I agree with all the comments made above. Dont you fret my friend, psychics more often than not, cannot read for themselves. So,dont be misled that they know what is to come in their life.
You have gifts that psychics dont... so be proud of your gifts.
Blessings.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:25 pm

We are all such wonderful, unique, creations of a loving God.  Each has their own set of talents, skills, abilities as God-given to fulfill the individual purpose of our lives.  Respecting our own covenant with God keeps us ever seeking for talents and abilities within the body, mind, spirit and finding ourselves through the lessons of life.  

Be empowered in our own uniqueness.

dessa

Re: I Envy You

Post by dessa » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:45 pm

MaggieRose wrote:I envy the psychics in a way.  Sometimes though I understand you have more to bear than you can deal with.  But it would be nice knowing sometimes what to do or how to do.

I always seem to trust the wrong people but then I think they were put in my way for a reason and for a lesson for me to learn even though sometimes they are hard.

Just know, I am praying for you and hope you have the strength to deal.
Maggie, that is lovely that you would pray for others and show such caring.

I do not think that it is that different, we all are human, we all make mistakes, we have trusted the wrong people either because we didn't follow our instincts or we wanted things to be different than they were.  Or we just didn't get a clear message on it.

The thing is very often when it comes to using this kind of thing you can see more clearly for others than you can for yourself, part of life's lessons I suppose.

As for envy, well no need really everyone is capable of developing and growing. Some psychicly some in other ways with other talents and skills that help make the world special.  The hardest thing is learning to trust your own intuition, instincts, in having faith in yourself.  psychic or not, trust yourself and who you are, enjoy what it is you offer to others just by being you.

It is one of the hardest things and one of the keys to growing trusting ourselves, and seeing value in our selves.
Last edited by dessa on Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dessa

Post by dessa » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:48 pm

7_Foot_Indian wrote:I don't think that a psychic is more special than anyone else just because they can feel people or see ghosts. We all come to this great Earth with something to offer. We just have to learn to accept who we all are. Don't envy. You have much to offer too!
This is such a lovely thought, and truth. as well as Very well said.

I have said the same thing using such examples as we may all find ways to communicate, but I would never have the writing skills of say Shakespear, nor would I ever have the singing skills of the chipmunks let alone Caruso or Celine Dion, doesn't mean I don't have value though, just means people run and hide if I try to sing LOL ...

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:49 pm

Perhaps in calling psychic abilities gifts we lose sight of the talents and others see them as special?  Everyone is capable of being psychic.  It is a human ability that all have within their makeup.  When we choose to develop the various talents and abilities within ourselves, we find them opening to their best possible level.

dessa

Post by dessa » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:07 pm

spiritalk wrote:Perhaps in calling psychic abilities gifts we lose sight of the talents and others see them as special?  Everyone is capable of being psychic.  It is a human ability that all have within their makeup.  When we choose to develop the various talents and abilities within ourselves, we find them opening to their best possible level.
I do agree that everyone is capable of being psychic, though I am not so sure calling it a gift if wrong, I do feel that everyone has talents, or gifts, or perceptions that are more than the five senses.  That most people have been taught not to use them or not to believe or know they are real or possible.

I do however think that like most things about people they vary to degree or gift or talent, or skill, or ability which ever label works best for the person using it.

I have a friend who is a gifted astrologer, this woman can look at a person's face and tell you 3 signs, and if anyone were to do their chart, they would find out that from just once glance this woman is correct, on the three signs she may take more time to figure out which one is the Moon, Rising, and Sun, but she knows those three signs if not which is which from one look.

I have another friend who can hear crystals, she didn't know that not every one hears crystals humming, I know I can't, I know and feel the energy from a crystal, I am open to its gift, and power, and energy and vibration, but I do not hear it humming, and certainly can't hear it humming from another room.

I am ok with that, I admire both for their skills, they appreciate the skills I have, that is the nice thing about it, that psi skills are like any othe we ALL have some kind of psychic ability even if we don't realize it and different talents, gifts, skills, abilities will be stronger from one person to another, which is also fine.

Just as I can sing in the shower [no one in their right mind wants to hear what I sound like but I can] but I will never have the skill or talent of say Celine Dion, or Caruso, its all good,

It is about accpeting that we all have something, and find out what works for us. some are stronger than others because like anything they have put more time energy practice, into it.

The most gifted, talented, skilled person at say Reiki, may never really develop much skill at say precognition, or mediumship, but the most gifted person who can communicate with those who have passed may never develop skill at reiki either,

So in that context they are gifts, these talents are not only part of who we are [and by we I mean every human being] but they come from something outside of who we are phsyically it is more than an ego thing, when people start buying into their own greatness I think they lose a lot.

It is about appreciating the skills we do have, developing them and perhaps they can grow, and other skills will show up, or not, and maybe not the ones we want, or in the order of development or as deeply or strongly developed as we want but they are there, and they are gifts, because a gift is something given, something shared, something we either accept or toss aside and dismiss, in that context they are gifts.

Everyone has gifts, and skills in different areas, to different levels of development or strength, but all of us have the potential and having the potential is by far the greatest gift of all. It is the gift of choice, of choosing to accept and appreciate ourselves, and to grow.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:22 pm

You defined it as eloquently as I was thinking it.

A gift is given requiring no effort at all on our part.  And for most of us when we have a gift to do something we just do it - we don't question it nor misuse it.  

A talent on the other hand can open and develop over our lifetime.  And the more we put into it the more we will receive.  

We are all a mix of talents, abilities, skills, and yes, even gifts.  The more we accept who we are and the more we develop a finer understanding of who we are the stronger the talents, etc. will manifest for our lives.

dessa

Post by dessa » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:05 am

spiritalk wrote:We are all a mix of talents, abilities, skills, and yes, even gifts.  The more we accept who we are and the more we develop a finer understanding of who we are the stronger the talents, etc. will manifest for our lives.
This is one of those lines that should be in one of those books of great quotes, I have a list of quotes that I keep, and this needs to be added to it, thanks dessa

KingAcePD

Post by KingAcePD » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:10 pm

Yes, definitely a quote I'm keeping in my mind

crazyjeans12000

Post by crazyjeans12000 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:25 am

<-------------*cannot read for myself*

mystic67

Post by mystic67 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:08 pm

Being psychic is a gift we all have, some have abilites that seem to come more easily without them really trying.
But we all have it, believing in your abilities and showing gratitude to sprit for providing you the guidance I think
is the best way to build on your natural talents. I do think there is some heredity in there that effects the abilites
we start out with, just like singing or being an artist etc has some inheredited qualities to it. (and boy did I miss
the singing gene!) But I am intuitive and I rely on it all the time, which also makes it stronger.
D

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:26 pm

ANY talent we have can be enhanced through the learning and exercising it to its fullest potential. &nbsp;The psychic is no different. &nbsp;When there are experiences to rely on, we can enhance them and even take charge of them if we exercise the attunement we make with spirit and guides.

Return to “Psychic”