How do you know if one is really psychic?

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

renegade731

How do you know if one is really psychic?

Post by renegade731 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:21 pm

I once dated a woman who said she was psychic. At the time, I never asked her to give me a reading, but I did often wonder just how strong her abilities were if in fact she is psychic. Is there any way to tell something like that?

amalimrock

Post by amalimrock » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:00 pm

I have heard a technique for energy manipulators to detect how strong a person's energy level (I'm referring to subtle energy ie psi/chi/ki etc..) in which I think would be equivalent to a person's psychic abilities. They would just detect the person's aura and they visualize a tube connecting them to their hand  (or any other visualization method which suits them best) and if they feel a strong pressure/tingling/heat/cold/magnetic feeling, then it means the person's energy level is high which means there is a high chance that person is psychic

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:00 pm

Wouldn't that be a psychic testing a psychic?  To be aware of subtle energies is a psychic sensitivity.

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:16 am

Takes one to know one.

DragonKnight

Post by DragonKnight » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:57 am

yeah pretty simple  hes right.

dk

amalimrock

Post by amalimrock » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:55 am

that is until someone invents a machine that can detect a person's subtle energy level.

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:55 am

What a waste of time and energy that would be. A machine that can detect subtle energy has a limited range of use, where as that energy could be put into developing psychic ability which is useful for far more than just telling who is an is not psychic. Plus how is a physical machine to measure ethereal energy. All it could ever detect is the effect of it. Like wind can be detect by the rustling of leaves. What if the wind slowed down and moved more gently, it would still exist and could also be very powerful, but would not move the leaves. Plus machines don't ever seem to be that accurate. My intuition serves me far better then the weather channel.

Perhaps it could have a purpose but I think the last thing the world needs right now is more machines. Especially with inventors who don't know how to work there bodies. How are they supposed make a machine work well if they can't get a machine that is designed as well as the human body is to function properly. They wouldn't be wasting energy inventing machines that can do what their body could do if only effort was made to develop if they had much connection to the planet or something higher, like the cosmos. Anyone lacking awareness of their body or of nature can not be trusted to invent and run machines, as anything made from a state of disconnection can only further disconnection. A few very important things about inventing are one performing a function that there is a need for, or two learning from something that already works well in nature and applying that principle to work well in another way. There is no need for that as the body can already do that, and if one does not know how to use their body to do so they would have no good example to learn how to create such a thing till they discovered it within them self, and then they would see no point in creating such a machine as they could just use their body.

Since the human body is far better at detecting subtle energies then a machine ever could be I can only see that as waste of resources and seeking the same result while avoiding doing the work required to develop the bodies full potential and instead harming the body through externalization of tasks.

sorry about the rant

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:43 pm

Well put, Aegeus.  If we spent as much time developing our own talents, skills, abilities as we do inventing something (a machine) to replace them, we would have a much finer attunement to our universe.

amalimrock

Post by amalimrock » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:34 am

I was thinking about my own statement for a while. true that our human bodies could be more accurate than machines, but eventually, I heard, science and spirituality would become one in the end.

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:23 am

That's the ultimate. I heard that this genius eccentric type drew a time line, and it showed the evolution of humans, going up, peaking and then dropping. Followed by the evolution of technology going up, then dropping. Then both coming up together.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:38 pm

I do believe science and spirituality is walking hand in hand at the present moment.  But that does not mean we have to invent machines to replace our own talents, skills, abilities.  

There is a new approach many scientists are taking from seeing our world as a mechanical form to enjoying it as a 'cosmic dance of energies'.  In this will come the working together of spirituality and science.

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:52 am

Does that mean science has gotten over the fact that no machine can detect spirit and realizes that it exists independent of machines telling them so?

Or that machines are no linger being made so that the consumer will have to come back in 5 years to get a new one that works again, or being made so that consumers will have to constantly pay to run it.

Most of the problems with machines comes from industry having dollar signs for brains and investing in machines that require money to be feed back into them at the expense of the worlds resources. The word harm and the word money can both be found phonetically in the word harmony. An economy can't be run on sustainability, and sustainability means living in harmony with the land which means harming money.

I hope there also starting to invent machines that run on the earth frequency and can run on free energy. The technology exists it's just more people need to realize that having everything you need is better then having money.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:38 pm

It means that science is coming to the understanding of the unseen.  No machine can replace the human connection in some instances.

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:59 pm

spiritalk wrote:It means that science is coming to the understanding of the unseen.  No machine can replace the human connection in some instances.
Great wisdom there :)

The sensitivity of the human is far beyond any machine ever will be. But in answer to the original question, most people call be a withc because they do not understand what I am or what I can sense. Did you feel anything about your girlfriend to make you think she was a psychic as the term is very overused nowadays.

Return to “Psychic”