what made you realize you had a physcic ability?

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

sasha.p

what made you realize you had a physcic ability?

Post by sasha.p » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:16 pm

I just wondered what everyones experiences were that made them first realize they had the ability is it somthing that just happens or somthing you learn to tune into ?

sunmystic

Re: what made you realize you had a physcic ability?

Post by sunmystic » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:06 pm

sasha.p wrote:I just wondered what everyones experiences were that made them first realize they had the ability is it somthing that just happens or somthing you learn to tune into ?
for most people that are born with psychic abilities the first thing that they learn to do is to tune them out, once they figure out what is going on. The psychic world can be very noisy :)

My mother told me when I was five that nobody can hear other people's thoughts. So I figured that what I was experiencing was not real and got on with things. Later on in life I discovered that there were other people that could also hear other people's thoughts as well as a bunch of other stuff that has to do with psychic abilities. At that point things became interesting and has been apart of my life ever since.

love,

sunmystic

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:44 pm

If you asked my mom, she said I could play for hours on my own - calmly and peacefully.  I remember doing tea parties with an empty chair that I knew someone unseen occupied.  

I also remember from the youngest of age that the energies over the dinner table were strained and don't talk.  

I could walk into any house, building, etc. and just know what took place in the past.  Even brand new homes we looked at to buy had an energy to welcome or reject (imagine living in a home that rejected you every time you entered for over 20 years!).  

My longest memories come from energies.  And it has taken my lifetime to realize their significance and meaning.

God bless, J

BboydARX

Post by BboydARX » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:29 pm

Honestly I was always into that type of thing. I've always wanted to fly and always wanted to have "special abilities". As I grew up i found that everybody can have these "special abilities" if they work towards them. After my accident though the door was blown wide open for me and I've learned so much since 2006. Now I'm just going through life living it to the fullest (as far as happiness and harmony go!). Its something that you can't shake at the core of your being. Once you realize what it is your like, "OH well that makes sense!" Good luck with yours!

Namaste.
Louis

MysticMari

Post by MysticMari » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:27 pm

I saw spirits as a young child. I saw my deceased Grandmother and Grandfather regularly although no one believed me, and it would scare me. I was put on medications and it still didnt go away. A few years later I would have OBE's and it wasnt until I "followed" my mother to my aunts house one day that proved it. When she came home I told her all about the conversations her and my aunt had in detail. She took me off medications and I developed my skills from there.

PetraVanilla

Post by PetraVanilla » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:58 pm

I am not psychic in a sense that I can call up those abilities any time I want to, but I have had some strong premonitions about that major Seattle earthquake in the late 90's and 9-11 in form of dreams. The Seattle earthquake I even have witnesses for, who I told about the earthquake hours before it happened. I also had a lot of situations where I knew someone specific would call or contact me, also witnessed by others. I had dreams about what gender my kids would be way before it could be determined. Apart from that I am very sensitive to energy changes. I always have been, I think. I have had an encounter with a spirit guide a while back while doing a Reiki session, as well.
Is it possible that every person with psychic abilities has strong chi (life energy)? It seems that way!

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:56 pm

Our life force (chi) is determined by many things.  The psychic abilities are the sensitive side to our psyche.  Using the 5 senses we function with in the material condition and adding 2 more: intuition from the gut and I know from the heart, we can form a psychic connection on our sensitivities.

If we have a talent, it is important to get a good teacher to help us open and develop the potential and possibilities of it all.  After all, even a concert pianist needed a teacher for the fingering in the beginning.  Psychic abilities are no different, we can enhance what manifests and take charge.

PetraVanilla

Post by PetraVanilla » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:24 pm

I am not so sure if I should develop those abilities much more. My knowledge about them, yes, but the abilities I fear, may open me up more to spirits who I might not want to meet. Had a few childhood experiences that consisted of spirit oppression, for the most part, after my mom engaged in a few things like free/automatic writing, which brought a lot of negativity into our lives.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:59 pm

With knowledge we learn to invite the caring, loving spirit (our own spirit guides) and work only in the light.  It is the fears that bring on the negativity.  The more we know, the less spirit can interfere.  We will rise in our own spirituality and knowledge and contact the light always.

I don't speak with just ANY spirit that arrives - I attune to my own spirit guide and that is the only spirit I commune and communicate with in love and guidance.  With this attunement I am loved and protected from the negativity of going into lower realms of spirit.  We can choose how we do this for ourselves.

PetraVanilla

Post by PetraVanilla » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:52 am

Spiritalk it looks like I am made to listen to you and another friend of mine on here. I believe I experienced a spirit attack today when producing a protective feng shui item, blessing it and placing it in my kids' room. I engaged in prayer which diffused the negative energy and anger I felt from the unseen. I am eager to learn more...

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:38 pm

When learning about psychic abilities the learning can not be separated from the experiences.  That is what is the problem with opening the mind to all that you are learning.  It helps understand your abilities to be sure - but it also gives them energies to manifest.

When a spirit guide wants to work with us they will look over our shoulder as we are reading - seeing if what we are learning helps the psychic sensitivities.

Check out the information posted in the Mystic Academy under Mediumship Development.

Return to “Psychic”