Overcoming fear to open up for greater psychic abilities...

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

PetraVanilla

Overcoming fear to open up for greater psychic abilities...

Post by PetraVanilla » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:21 am

I think I just learned another karmic lesson and want to share.

All my life I knew I am here for a greater purpose.

All my life fear has held me back.

I kept things secret because I feared consequences and yes, I told white lies for the same reason.

When I first overcame fear to explore life on my own and tackle the challenge to be independent, I succeeded in becoming a strong woman who can hold her own.

When I told the truth about pitfalls, sins of the past, even truths I had conveniently forgotten about, I broke down miserably, but finally overcame the fear to be truthful. It left me as the last bit of truth had proceeded from my mouth.

I knew for a while that I had some extra-sensory perception, but fear of not being in harmony with church teachings let me limit myself. When I studied and found a way to keep my faith and spiritual gifts in harmony. I was able to drop that fear and was able to open up and receive more of the knowledge you can't learn from books.

Now I got on this forum and learned that it was necessary to train my psychic abilities, but I was afraid to just put my perceptions out there, for fear that I might be wrong and would be ridiculed, or for fear of hurting someone's feelings with things I might read in people.
I went ahead, took heart and courage, and just typed down what I felt, making sure that everyone knows I am a beginner.

I was rewarded with 100% success.

Don't let fear keep you from telling the truth - all of it! And never let fear hold you back!! More truth will be revealed to you than ever before!
(Law of attraction at work!)

:smt003

Love, light, hugs and blessings!

Ishtar

PetraVanilla

Post by Ishtar » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:37 pm

All i wanted to say is...
YOU GO GIRL!!!
:smt003

It takes allot of guts to do what you did,  because it is not always easy to share all of yourself with people, and believe me fear can be a big persuader...

Blessings
Ishtar

happyme

Post by happyme » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:14 pm

Nothing but truth coming out in this post! I think truthfulness is rewarded with wisdom and intuition. :D

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:42 pm

Being true to yourself will open many spiritual doors.  It takes courage to walk against the masses and be your own person.  But truth will always get you 'more' as you take each step to enlightenment.

joshjive

thank you

Post by joshjive » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:39 am

thank you for this post because of it i was able to open up and share my experiences of the unknown to others .

DivaS

Post by DivaS » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:17 am

Thank you for posting this.

I've been checking in to this site regularly since I've joined  and have been practicing some advice that I've been given with great success (thanks spiritalk!) but am aware that my fear of being different and of perceiving something and potentially being wrong has been keeping me from posting as much as I'd like to here.

Petra, your post has served to remind me that the main reason that I shut myself off from my abilities so  long ago (and which has lead to me having to re-learn so many things that came naturally as a child) was the very thing that is limiting my growth now...fear.

I am determined to do my best to not allow this feeling to hinder my progress any longer!

Congratulations on overcoming your own fears! I hope to soon join you in being able to say that I have fully overcome my own. :)

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:04 pm

We all have our own fears to overcome.  One of the most stressful experiences (on a psychology list) is public speaking.  It is way up there with other high stress activities!

I was put in a situation (totally unprepared) in which I was to speak.  I sat there fearful and tight as a drum skin.  I closed my eyes and said "I have to be here.  I want to do a good job.  So lets go"  A couple of deep breaths and the body relaxed its tight hold on all my nerves.  I was ready to challenge the world.  Sometimes our inner being has to hear what our challenge on the outer being is going to be about.  Stretch yourself always!

Return to “Psychic”