is being psychic a sin???

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

RJ

is being psychic a sin???

Post by RJ » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:26 pm

well i've been talking to a few people about being psychic and stuff and have seen two serioslly different view points... some say its a gift from father god and lord jesus where others say being psychic is bad and by being psychic you are going against god and that we will go to hell(not trying to offend anyone, this is really what OTHER people said)... at one point i don't want to go against god(obviouslly) but i don't see the real bad thing about being psychic... i really need some answers and i really don't want to go to hell

so is there ANYTHING wrong about being psychic, is it a sin??

no offence intended in anything that i said, just really want an answer

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:40 pm

Do your research, there are many many verses that condone psychics, what they do not approve of is mediums and their spirits.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:17 am

The psychic abilities are actually your 5 senses taken to the sensitive psychic level as you add 2 more:  intuition from the gut and I know from the heart - it neither sees nor hears, it just knows.

Being a medium is taking these psychic sensitivities and attuning to a spirit guide to bring comfort and peace from loved ones who have passed to the next existence.  This helps us prove that life continues and the afterlife is a reality.  

And if you take the spirit explanation it is amazing how much the Bible and other spiritual literature makes sense.  It also makes sense of the theory of reincarnation.

Sohail

It isnt a sin

Post by Sohail » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:14 pm

see anything which we have been gifted isnt sin... becoz it has been given to us by God.
on the other hand, the things which we learn [those which are dangerous for human beings] like black magic etc is a sin. becoz they are used to ruin someone's life

PixieWitch

Post by PixieWitch » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:55 am

Definitely not a sin. We all possess psychic gifts. Just like Spiritalk said, its your 5 senses plus intuition. I like to think of psychic gifts as an internal compass. The more you rely on your psychic gifts, the more you know just what to do in a situation.

belle88

Post by belle88 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:58 am

depends on what you believe.
if you look at religion from another perspective you might think its kind of silly and made up.
religion exists so people dont get death anxiety.

"im going to create man and women with origional sin. then im going to impregnate a woman with myself as her child so i can be born. Once alive, i will kill myself as a sacrifice to myself to save you from the sin i origionally condemned you to"

but anyways to answer your question
the bible does forbid mediums and claims in the old testament that  God will punish those who go to mediums by allowing everything they say to be true.  (or something of that nature)  if youre really interested you should read God's old laws.

Saia

well,

Post by Saia » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:17 pm

Preachers have been known to prophisi, and gifts are just that. If you partake in immoral activities  then you deal with consequenses. If you reflect love and light (God) what could be wrong with that?

Return to “Psychic”