A PROPOSAL AND CHALLENGE FOR PROPONENTS AND SKEPTICS OF PSI

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Dj I.C.U.

Labilitiy.

Post by Dj I.C.U. » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:50 pm

The concept of lability proposed by Braud (1981) apparently includes both the a priori probability and redundancy aspects of information processing.  According to Braud, a system with high lability easily changes state, while a system with low lability resists change.  Thus, a system with high lability apparently has a relatively large a priori probability of changing state, and a system with low lability has a small a priori probability of changing state.  Likewise, Braud discusses cases with multiple opportunities for psi to operate to achieve the desired outcome as situations with potentially higher lability.
Braud proposes that systems with high lability are more susceptible to psi effects.  However, in context of goal oriented psi, the evidence is strong that redundant opportunities for psi may or may not increase psi operation, depending on the goal of the psi source.  The lability hypothesis also appears to predict that psi effects will be reduced for events or tasks that have a small a priori probability of occurring by chance.  Relevant data for this easily tested hypothesis would be obtained from a general investigation of psi functioning on tasks with different a priori probabilities of success.

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:48 pm

Post Locked. If you want to discuss about this topic, I request you to please make a new post & discuss there.

Return to “Psychic”