The Ring Finger

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Izuno

The Ring Finger

Post by Izuno » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:59 am

I honestly don't know which forum this belongs under, but I had to ask someone for help.

My ring finger tingles and throbs whenever I think about negative thoughts. Not just any negative thoughts but thoughts about how I won't find love or have a future family or that I'm not worthy of love.

It all started like almost a decade ago when I used to have these dreams about meeting this guy. I didn't know who he was but in these dreams, I saw myself fall in love with him, marry him, literally go through labor & begging the nurse to show me my baby (it's a boy!) & being pregnant again.

Due to certain things, I refused to believe in these dreams. The dreams stopped but then, 4 years later, they were back & this time, I was running away from him. I knew he wouldn't hurt me but I didn't want a confrontation so I avoided him as much as I can by hiding in rooms or pretending to be asleep. He wanted me to give into him - accept & trust him. But I just couldn't & kept avoiding him.

Throughout these dreams, I had gotten to know a bit about this guy - how he looks & a few bits of his personality. At first, when I had these dreams, I used to believe in them & thought they were premonitions. But the guy seemed too good to be true even in his flawed ways & I told myself that he is a fragment of my imagination after reading too many romance novels.

Since then, my left ring finger tingles and throbs. The problem is that because I've seen myself held in his arms, I don't want another guy to touch me. My whole body rejects the thought of another guy touching me. But this dream guy is too good to be true. I am not a psychic - I certainly don't think I have premonitions cause I've never had them before.

So because I think the dream guy doesn't exist (I just can't let myself hope he does for some reason..) and because my body rejects the thought of getting physical with another guy, I told myself I probably won't find love or have the life I dreamed of with the dream guy come true. Sometimes, I've cried hard cause I desperately wanted the dream guy to be real. But I wouldn't delude myself. And my ring finger tingles on the side as if my nerves on the side of finger gets cold.

I did think at first that maybe it was because I was crying, that maybe I was starting to have a panic attack. But even when I'm not crying & I see a cute chick flick & still can't give into the thought of finding love, it still tingles.

It's almost like the ring finger is saying "hah! Don't even kid yourself. You WILL have a ring on this finger." The tingling/throbbing starts between the middle knuckle & near the top knuckle under my nail & then, goes down to my knuckle to where a ring would sit. The more negative my thoughts are about this, the more it felts cold like I had liquid nitrogen on my finger.  

What do I do? Please help. The doctors haven't found anything wrong with me & said everything is fine. Is this psychic or something else? Thank you for taking the time to read this & to help me. I really appreciate it.

- Izuno

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:33 pm

I think you need to come to terms with dream interpretation.  No dream is as literal as you make this one out to be.  (Of course there are precognitive dreams that occur in brief windows of time when falling asleep and when waking - alpha states) but this does not feel like precognition.  The rest of our dream state is about resolving our own unresolved emotions from the conscious state.  

Dream symbols are not the same as psychic symbols and need to be looked at from their own perspective of emotions.  All people, places, things symbolized in the dream are the dreamer.  There is a lot here to work with on relationships.  Your emotions have often taken you into the realms of not finding love.  That is often a fear we entertain.  Releasing the fears in conscious state will allow the relationships of life to blossom and grow.

There is always the potential for a relationship.  When it happens we can see the good, the bad, the ugly of the object of our affections.  If we think there is a dream man waiting for us, we will dismiss all efforts in the reality of consciousness.

Being pregnant is new beginnings.  I would venture to say the timing of the dream was when new beginnings (can relate to relationships, work, emotions, any aspect of our lives) were blossoming in your life.
God bless, J

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Re: Is this psychic or something else?

Post by eye_of_tiger » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:47 pm

Izuno,
Is this psychic or something else?
Most likely something else, although the meaning of the word psychic is simply "product of the mind", which I am sure that this is. In other words I do not believe that there is anything supernatural or spooky going on here.

While it is still possible that your dream can be interpreted symbolically as my good friend Spiritalk has suggested to you, in your case I suspect that it can be taken quite literally as it already stands.

Some people (and it appears from what you have just told us that you are one of them) are so highly suggestible that their deepest unconscious beliefs, desires and inner conflicts are immediately expressed at the physical level through their body.

Your deepest unconscious desire revolves around marriage and you having a family, but this is complicated by your inner conflicts about taking on the huge responsibilities of being a mother and bringing a new life into this world.

The dreams are only one observable symptom of these intense inner conflicts (not to be taken as a psychic prediction that you will be married and become a mother any time soon) continually and intermittently going on within your psyche - there is one more left to talk about (hint, hint) :smt002

In this sense only the tingling in your ring finger is symbolic of both your innermost desires as well as the conflicts associated with being 21 years of age, but at the same time tied down by family responsibilities when you still have so much of your life in front of you to discover who you are and what is your main purpose for being here.

More than anything you want to have a baby, and according to your moral values and possibly also your religious beliefs this can only be achieved through you getting married. So marriage is at the same time for you the solution to your problem (of wanting to be a mother), but could ironically be a problem in itself as it will require you to sacrifice some degree of the independence you currently enjoy as a single person.

If you want a good example of how a person's most intense beliefs can manifest through their body you need only look at the phenomenon of religious stigmata. This is where a person as if it has happened by an act of God develops open wounds on their body in a place where it is believed that a spear penetrated the side of Jesus Christ when he was hanging on the cross, or where the nails were thought to have been hammered into him to crucify him.

Individuals with religious stigmata (literally being an outward mark, brand or sign of their pure devotion to what or who they worship) can eventually develop such serious wounds that their blood flows freely and they can eventually become anemic due to the huge loss of red blood cells and iron if they do not receive the proper medical treatment in time. And they are often also obviously suffering terrible pain.

One interesting aspect of this is that the wounds often develop on the palms of their hands, whereas it is now known that when the Romans crucified their common criminals they put the nails through the person's wrists, as if they had used the palms instead as is often shown on religious statues of the crucifixion the body would have been so heavy that its weight could not be fully supported, and their flesh would have been torn away making their body fall.

So the wounds are appearing not where the nails were likely to have been placed, but rather where the person has been made to believe that they were hammered into.  It is clear therefore it is the sheer intensity of the person's religious beliefs which are at work here through their own unconscious mind which in turn is creating the wounds by manipulating the major organ systems such as the circulation, autonomic nervous system, muscles and immune system.

If our inner beliefs can become so strong that they actually produce open and bleeding wounds on our bodies as happens with religious stigmata accompanied by excruciating pain, making your ring finger tingle or throb in response to your deepest desires and inner conflicts about being a mother at 21 is truly minor or small time by comparison. Your unconscious mind is without your knowledge or intervention intermittently sending signals to your ring finger to cause it to tingle and/or throb when those inner conflicts of yours about marriage and babies at 21 come closest to the surface of your waking consciousness.

I think that the best way for you to approach this problem is to find someone professional and suitably qualified, who you can talk to in much greater depth than is possible here about your fears and anxieties about motherhood and marriage at the ripe young age of 21 years.

I believe that once these unconscious needs and conflicts are brought out into the open and are dealt with one at a time in a professional manner, that your ring finger will no longer have to tingle as its only purpose for doing so has now been sensitively removed by your sessions with your counselor or therapist.

Hoping that this restores your faith in yourself and your belief that your ring finger problem can eventually be solved with the right professional help in doing so.

If you still would like an intuitive reading to further inform and assist you in dealing with this mind - body (psychosomatic) problem with your ring finger, then one of us as readers would be more than pleased to do this for you in the Psychic Reading forum, which is a sub-forum of the one which you and I are on now.

http://mysticboard.org/viewforum.php?f=62

Love, Light and Healing,

EoT  Image

Return to “Psychic”