How can I develop my intuitive gifts?

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

SeekerOfGuidance

Help!!

Post by SeekerOfGuidance » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:12 am

I don't even know where to begin....... Or if Im posting in the right spot, I just know that someone will reply. Ive been told my whole life that Im intuitive and to write down my dreams and that Im a seer. What is a seer? How do or can I handle my dreams and "inner voice?"  Or develop my develop my gifts if that's what they are? Someone that can explain or help me please do

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Re: Help!!

Post by eye_of_tiger » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:59 pm

SeekerOfGuidance wrote:I don't even know where to begin....... Or if Im posting in the right spot, I just know that someone will reply. Ive been told my whole life that Im intuitive and to write down my dreams and that Im a seer. What is a seer? How do or can I handle my dreams and "inner voice?"  Or develop my develop my gifts if that's what they are? Someone that can explain or help me please do
SEER - A clairvoyant (receives psychic information in the form of visual images), and/or a prophet (can see into or predict the future)
SEERESS - the feminine equivalent

Writing down your dreams and keeping a regular and carefully dated dream journal handy on your bedside table to be able to jot down the contents of your nightly dreams and the feelings which were associated with them is a brilliant place to begin both learning to better listen to and communicate with your inner voice (s), as well as with reference to increasing your confidence that you are really predicting future events before they happen, and that it is not just a product of your own imagination or wishful thinking. After all the ultimate proof of your ability to intuitively foretell the future is to have your predictions recorded and dated so that when the predicted event happens then you can compare it with what you wrote down days, weeks or months before.

One of the biggest impediments to developing what abilities you do possess is the common tendency to try to do too much at the same time, and to try too hard. Genuine psychic information comes to us when we are in a relaxed state of mind or altered state of consciousness either dreaming, lightly relaxed, day dreaming or meditating.

Trying to do everything at the same time (multitasking) is a job for your conscious waking mind, and not for your unconscious mind through which these insights about the present and future must come. Being emotionally overpowered and anxious that you are not missing anything is probably the most effective way for you not to be psychic. Also if you force or try too hard, your conscious mind takes over and that is basically the end of your psychic session.

These psychic impressions are often very weak, vague and unreal feeling compared to the information which you normally receive through your five physical senses of sight, hearing, feeling, touching or tasting, so one of your main challenges will be to temporarily disconnect yourself from your physical sensations enough for you to be able to detect these very weak signals in comparison. Psychic development is something which you do over a lifetime (some would say over many different lifetimes), so please do not be too hard on yourself if you do not master the skills involved with doing this effectively overnight.

You will have no problems because you are not sensitive enough. Most of your difficulties will revolve around the difficulty to sort out what is genuine psychic information, from what is only the product of your imagination, fantasy or wishful thinking. We call this ability DISCERNMENT.

The best way I know of developing greater discernment is for you to sit in a regular weekly development group in your local area under the care and supervision of a knowledgeable and understanding person who is him or herself more psychically advanced than you are, and who is also very familiar with all the traps which a student can all too easily fall into on the way to developing their psychic gifts. They can teach you based upon their own accumulated experiences, an can often find safe short-cuts for you as a result of having been there before you.

A group of other gifted people who like yourself are developing their abilities (some of which may be very different from your own but that is OK) to provide you with constructive feedback to help you become more discerning of what is genuine, and what is not. Do not compare or measure your progress by what you can or cannot do at the time that other students can or cannot. We are all unique individuals and this is no more true than in the way in and speed at which we develop psychically. Also do not expect to become the best seer on the planet overnight. Always look for improvement, but forget about perfection or not making any mistakes along the way.

I am not a very big fan of learning or teaching psychic skills through the use of internet chat rooms, although if there is not a suitable group or circle in your local community, then this might be the next best thing. I have both sat in and lead psychic development groups in the past, and it was important for me to have the group members in the same room as I was as I teach interactively and I need to see the person, hear his or her voice and be there for them when the going gets tough, which I could not do over the internet (even with voice chat the human supportive element is just not there).

This forum is the one in which you should post all your development questions in the future. Try for an absolute maximum of two questions per posting, and follow any advice given before posting again under the same discussion thread. We need your feedback to help us to better help you to develop safely. Only start new threads for completely different and unrelated questions which you wish to ask. This will keep things together and easier to find for the both of us. Psychic development and teaching psychic skills requires us to be both self organised and self disciplined if this is going to work at all.

I feel that although I am sure that you still have many more questions to ask me about what is involved with you being or becoming a better seer, that we should now throw this topic open to other members who would also like to add their own comments and support. I will continue to monitor this discussion, but will only intervene if I feel that it is necessary. You will need many different teachers as part of your journey to gaining greater control over your intuitive abilities, including being able to predict the future accurately and reliably. With humility I am only one of those teachers.

Wishing you all the very best with developing your psychic strengths in a safe and supportive atmosphere now and well into the future. With the exception of your eventual physical death and taxes and the cost of living which keep rising your future is largely to be determined by what you decide to do to actively help yourself in the present moment. The future is therefore a product of all that went before it.

Kindest regards,

EoT  :smt041  :smt041  :smt041

stephybabes92

Post by stephybabes92 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:05 pm

I'm annoyed that this didn't receive a reply as it was a very good answer.

x

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Teaching is never wasted

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:54 pm

Hi Stephanie,

Please do not upset yourself or become too annoyed.

Thanking you for your concern and your ongoing support, but one of the things that you need to accept when trying your best to help people over the internet is that while many of your responses will be read and appreciated, a relatively small proportion will not.

This lack of any response could have happened for any one of hundreds of different reasons, so I do not think that we should judge the person unfairly without first having all the facts, which we may never have.

I prefer to take some sense of comfort from knowing that although the member in question may not have gained any direct benefit from what I have written, that I have done my best to answer their questions, and that not every posting that has been useful to someone ever gets a response.

Some responses have taken a year or more to appear, and finally some members choose to thank me through a private message, instead of on the forum itself. I used to get around to telling people this by inserting a short note to that effect at the end of each thread, but these days I simply cannot guarantee that I will do so on every occasion.

Teaching is never wasted,

EoT  :smt008

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:40 pm

When writing such an article for beginner development, we never know who may have reached and touched at the right time.  Teaching efforts are never wasted.

A very good answer EOT

stephybabes92

Post by stephybabes92 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:51 pm

See when you are doing a reading for someone and you are not using tools...is it a case of meditating and seeing what pops up in your mind about that person's situation?

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:08 pm

Stephanie,

I am not sure to whom you were saying this, but yes the method which you just described is the one which I am increasingly using to give my readings on the reading forum, without the need any longer for a focus tool including the Tarot cards.

And I also know from our conversations that it is the method which you hope to be able to eventually use yourself in your own readings. This will happen in time, but first you need to start from the basics using the focus tool of your choice (it does not have to be the Tarot), and progressively work up from there as your self confidence increases with regular practice.

BTW SeekerOfGuidance has not responded to any of my private messages or postings on this or on any of the other forums since this was written in the latter half of March, so I am just letting them stand exactly as they were at the time, and will only take up from where I left off in trying to help this person, when or if he or she returns.

EoT  :smt007

OceanTide

Post by OceanTide » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:30 am

I find when I relax and don't force myself, my powers come naturally. I don't have an official teacher either, and I don't know of any psychic groups in my community. I look around at various sites that are the same with what I find to be true. Mostly, I learn through my own experiences, and talking to people with similar experiences helps me advance my knowledge.

The best advice I could probably give you is listen to your own inner voice or intuition. From my experience, my intuition has helped me get through a lot of difficult situations, or even avoid some altogether. I don't exactly know how to increase intuition though. Mine has just built up over the years. I just try to keep my head clear. A lot of people use meditation to increase theirs. I find biaural beats (can found on youtbe) help me- I listen to them, and they make me really relaxed, and my head is clearer in general, therefore, my intuition increases.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:38 pm

Be aware that most cds for meditation are hypnotic and not really valid in psychic development.  Development requires a conscious effort at paying attention to your inner sensitivities.  

Having a good teacher helps to answer questions that arise in the psychic abilities.  It does not change how you develop, merely helps you take steps that would not come as readily.

WaterLily_Pixie

Post by WaterLily_Pixie » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:34 pm

Thank-you for the information everyone and especially you eye_of_tiger! I was told before I have gifts that I should really develop to help others. I was told it is a calling of mine I just don't know where to start.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:23 am

I just don't know where to start.
Pixie,

The reading which I have just given you should offer you several valuable insights to get you started.

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... 959#327959

At least I hope that this will be so.

Faithfully and respectfully yours,

EoT Image

Rohiniranjan

Re: Help!!

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:45 am

eye_of_tiger wrote:
SeekerOfGuidance wrote:I don't even know where to begin....... Or if Im posting in the right spot, I just know that someone will reply. Ive been told my whole life that Im intuitive and to write down my dreams and that Im a seer. What is a seer? How do or can I handle my dreams and "inner voice?"  Or develop my develop my gifts if that's what they are? Someone that can explain or help me please do
SEER - A clairvoyant (receives psychic information in the form of visual images), and/or a prophet (can see into or predict the future)
SEERESS - the feminine equivalent

Writing down your dreams and keeping a regular and carefully dated dream journal handy on your bedside table to be able to jot down the contents of your nightly dreams and the feelings which were associated with them is a brilliant place to begin both learning to better listen to and communicate with your inner voice (s), as well as with reference to increasing your confidence that you are really predicting future events before they happen, and that it is not just a product of your own imagination or wishful thinking. After all the ultimate proof of your ability to intuitively foretell the future is to have your predictions recorded and dated so that when the predicted event happens then you can compare it with what you wrote down days, weeks or months before.

One of the biggest impediments to developing what abilities you do possess is the common tendency to try to do too much at the same time, and to try too hard. Genuine psychic information comes to us when we are in a relaxed state of mind or altered state of consciousness either dreaming, lightly relaxed, day dreaming or meditating.

Trying to do everything at the same time (multitasking) is a job for your conscious waking mind, and not for your unconscious mind through which these insights about the present and future must come. Being emotionally overpowered and anxious that you are not missing anything is probably the most effective way for you not to be psychic. Also if you force or try too hard, your conscious mind takes over and that is basically the end of your psychic session.

These psychic impressions are often very weak, vague and unreal feeling compared to the information which you normally receive through your five physical senses of sight, hearing, feeling, touching or tasting, so one of your main challenges will be to temporarily disconnect yourself from your physical sensations enough for you to be able to detect these very weak signals in comparison. Psychic development is something which you do over a lifetime (some would say over many different lifetimes), so please do not be too hard on yourself if you do not master the skills involved with doing this effectively overnight.

You will have no problems because you are not sensitive enough. Most of your difficulties will revolve around the difficulty to sort out what is genuine psychic information, from what is only the product of your imagination, fantasy or wishful thinking. We call this ability DISCERNMENT.

The best way I know of developing greater discernment is for you to sit in a regular weekly development group in your local area under the care and supervision of a knowledgeable and understanding person who is him or herself more psychically advanced than you are, and who is also very familiar with all the traps which a student can all too easily fall into on the way to developing their psychic gifts. They can teach you based upon their own accumulated experiences, an can often find safe short-cuts for you as a result of having been there before you.

A group of other gifted people who like yourself are developing their abilities (some of which may be very different from your own but that is OK) to provide you with constructive feedback to help you become more discerning of what is genuine, and what is not. Do not compare or measure your progress by what you can or cannot do at the time that other students can or cannot. We are all unique individuals and this is no more true than in the way in and speed at which we develop psychically. Also do not expect to become the best seer on the planet overnight. Always look for improvement, but forget about perfection or not making any mistakes along the way.

I am not a very big fan of learning or teaching psychic skills through the use of internet chat rooms, although if there is not a suitable group or circle in your local community, then this might be the next best thing. I have both sat in and lead psychic development groups in the past, and it was important for me to have the group members in the same room as I was as I teach interactively and I need to see the person, hear his or her voice and be there for them when the going gets tough, which I could not do over the internet (even with voice chat the human supportive element is just not there).

This forum is the one in which you should post all your development questions in the future. Try for an absolute maximum of two questions per posting, and follow any advice given before posting again under the same discussion thread. We need your feedback to help us to better help you to develop safely. Only start new threads for completely different and unrelated questions which you wish to ask. This will keep things together and easier to find for the both of us. Psychic development and teaching psychic skills requires us to be both self organised and self disciplined if this is going to work at all.

I feel that although I am sure that you still have many more questions to ask me about what is involved with you being or becoming a better seer, that we should now throw this topic open to other members who would also like to add their own comments and support. I will continue to monitor this discussion, but will only intervene if I feel that it is necessary. You will need many different teachers as part of your journey to gaining greater control over your intuitive abilities, including being able to predict the future accurately and reliably. With humility I am only one of those teachers.

Wishing you all the very best with developing your psychic strengths in a safe and supportive atmosphere now and well into the future. With the exception of your eventual physical death and taxes and the cost of living which keep rising your future is largely to be determined by what you decide to do to actively help yourself in the present moment. The future is therefore a product of all that went before it.

Kindest regards,

EoT  :smt041  :smt041  :smt041

Dear EoT,

I have been a bit too absorbed (though hopefully not distracted!) for past many years in worldly responsibilities and my primary love: astrology, but have always been fascinated by the abilities of the human mind and soul. Psychic realm and reality are indeed very real!

Due to the above, though remaining an active participant of Mystic Board, I had missed reading your sharings, particularly this one and a few others which struck a chord.

You remind me of some very good cyber-friends and like them, you too possess a sense of calm and deeply-felt poise and depth of wisdom and breadth of vision!

Tools and rules are definitely very important and essential for most to focus their inner minds to. Be that astrology, visualization, tarot, i-ching, shells, shapes drawn in sand, etc etc. GOD has been very merciful to us human beings and given us many tools and rules and approaches, that ultimately are focused on the same goal: Reducing, if not eliminating the illusion of the universe being chaotic or plagued only with uncertainty!

Little by little, hopefully we all as a fraternity, continue to chip away at that illusion, one person at a time, one mind at a time, etc.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and wealth of experienced wisdom!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

Return to “Psychic”