Intuitive body scanning

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Intuitive body scanning

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:02 am

Intuitive body scanning is a technique that can be used to determine medical or health blockages in people and animals. Medical intuitives, professionals who seek to complement traditional medical procedures with this technique, locate body parts that are blocked or in turmoil in order to expedite the healing process. There are as many different variations of the scanning technique as there are practitioners, but there are some basic approaches that you can try for yourself.
If you are interested in trying this technique for yourself, please read the following article for more details.

"Intuitive Scanning for Health: An Interview with Medical Intuitives" by Margaret Ruth

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/margaret- ... 88755.html

Even if you have never given a reading to anyone else in the past, do not automatically reject the idea as a waste of your time and energy. What have you got to lose by giving it and yourself a fair go, other than perhaps your disbelief that this method could work for you.

This could be a valuable psychic skill to add to your repertoire. I would appreciate any feedback which you could give me about your experiments in intuitive body scanning.

Disclaimer:
Of course, none of this is meant to substitute for traditional medical professional consultations and advice.

Diagnosis (actually naming the medical condition), prognosis (making predictions about the future course of a disease) as well as recommending treatment, are only for a qualified medical practitioner to perform.

Brian Image

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Re: Intuitive body scanning

Post by eye_of_tiger » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:25 am

To be honest my interest in Intuitive Body Scanning (IBS, not to be mixed up with the other IBS which stands for Irritable Bowel Syndrome) is more than academic.

I have been considering for some time the possibility of offering intuitive body scans in the future, on the Picture Reading forum.

As part of several picture readings in the past I have scanned the person's aura in addition to giving them a normal personality analysis, so I regard intuitive body scans as a natural progression of this.

One of the advantages of doing this on the Picture Reading Forum instead of on any other of the reading forums is that the member has already provided a recent photograph (last six months), and I have found this to be an excellent focus point from which to begin.

And finally I believe that picture reading and aura and intuitive body scans can be a wonderful way for beginner psychic readers to build up some well needed self confidence, with the intention to expand into other areas.

If we do at some future date include IBS along with the existing picture readings, then any person (including people who do not normally give readings) who achieve some degree of success with doing intuitive body scan experiments on their friends and family, might hopefully be encouraged to want to do them for the benefit of other MB members as well.

I will therefore use your level of general interest in this thread from your responses and the feedback from you doing these exercises, to tell me whether this idea is worth pursuing any further.

Obviously you would not have to want to give intuitive body scans to other members, in order to get one yourself. I do not believe in reading exchanges for this reason.

Love & Light,

Brian Image

Talia

Post by Talia » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:33 am

I think that you would be veering into very dangerous territory. It is fun to use this technique when in person at a class on development,and under the right circumstances when learning reiki it is used all the time, but to offer it on an open and potentially public forum would put everyone at risk. Most people could be worried about an illness or the 'big c' and ask for a 'reading' and then you are straying near to diagnosis and breaking rules and oaths.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:38 pm

Talia,

I understand exactly what you are getting at with us needing to be being extremely careful about doing this, but I believe that as long as the boundaries of what is allowed to be requested and posted on the picture reading forum are clearly defined and the rules reliably enforced, that there is far less risk involved with this, when compared to some of the ambitious claims and predictions (including those of a medical nature) which are regularly made through Vedic Astrology.

Actually the option to request an intuitive body scan from me has been there already for some time in an admittedly hidden form, in the Psychic Reading forum rules.
6. Requests for readings about medical conditions (including pregnancy) which do NOT ask your reader to diagnose, make predictions about the future course of a condition (prognosis) or promote any form of treatment (all of which which would require them to have medical qualifications and training) ARE allowed.
But nobody has ever taken up my offer. Since writing this I feel that the picture reading forum would be better for the reasons I have given, which is why I will not be doing them until when or if this plan goes ahead (and in the picture reading forum only).

If there are any areas of concern picked up on during a body scan, the reader can only recommend that they follow this up with their doctor if they so wish, and ask for a general physical examination.

At no time are there any claims or predictions made which could in any way be mistaken for a diagnosis, prognosis or recommendation of the appropriate treatment.

Also unless there are a significant number of our members interested in trying the body scanning exercises, the offer of such readings would not go ahead anyway.

At present with new user registration dialogue having been disabled since the site was moved (for technical reasons which I cannot do anything about), plus a small trickle of existing members visiting the forums each week, I fear that we both may not live long enough to see such a plan ever come to fruition.

At this very early stage I am simply floating the idea, but no definite decisions about this can be made without the required level of interest being present, without the required rules framework being put in place, and most importantly without the authority and support of MB's owner.

Regards,

Brian

Talia

Post by Talia » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:39 am

I understand exactly what you are getting at with us needing to be being extremely careful about doing this, but I believe that as long as the boundaries of what is allowed to be requested and posted on the picture reading forum are clearly defined and the rules reliably enforced, that there is far less risk involved with this, when compared to some of the ambitious claims and predictions (including those of a medical nature) which are regularly made through Vedic Astrology.
Very true but then two wrongs don't make a right and just because 'ambitious claims and predictions' are seemingly allowed in some areas of this forum and the world, without the threat of being censored, sued or taken to court doesn't mean that it sits well with those of us that use an ethical reading code and abide by the laws imposed on us.

I just can't see the reason that an intuitive body scan would be needed unless used in a healing or therapy session. I have no doubt that they work, I myself can use the method, and I bet most reiki healers can too, and during a session the therapist may concentrate on those areas that are flagged up. But to just inform someone in a cold anonymous setting such as a forum reading seems to suggest that the recipient may be caused unecessary worry.

Now perhaps if it was 'aura reading' but with the proviso that no medical conditions etc can be discussed that may be a better route? Showing items lodged in the aura, past lives, personality traits, etc?
:smt023 :smt024

Talia

Post by Talia » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:42 am

hmm but first Mystic Board needs to get back onto the front page and not be found via a re-direct code that won't be found on search engines, a newsletter, or small mailshot of a few members that may start to post again. not a big mailshot that will be seen as spam. Otherwise as you say, what is the point?

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:54 am

I would agree with Talia's comments on this scanning procedure going all out of proportion not to mention being ethically wrong, especially that I practise Reiki and Reflexology myself - both being some sort of 'scanning' the body system, if you like to call it that.

I get clients who come to me expecting secretly to find out if they have something sinister going inside them and some have used the word 'scanning' before starting my Reiki treatment. I don't do that. I had one cheeky client who came to me for a relfexology session prior to her mammogram (about which she did not tell me) and wanted to know in advance if there was something in her breast area that she should know before taking her test. When I gave her my feedback after the treatment (I did not feel anything untoward about her breasts, but I did notice the absence of a uterus which she then confirmed she had it removed years ago), she asked me if there was something wrong in her breast area as she was going to have a mammogram the following week. She had specifically come to me to find out if there was something wrong in that area and I sort of felt 'tricked' by her.

There is always a danger of interpreting in these types of therapies any blocked energy as some form of disease or, in the worse scenario, something more sinister... My answer is always to tell the client to see a medical professional.

Return to “Psychic”