Has anyone ever read this?

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

4everakid

Has anyone ever read this?

Post by 4everakid » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:30 am

I read this book back high school and haver always been interested in finding the footage.

In short, it is the recounts of an experiment done with psychokinesis (telekinesis?...always get them mixed up...but I think it was psychokinesis).  In any regard, it was an experiment done in Canada in the 70's about a group of people who completely made up the name and life of an individual named Philip.  He was NEVER a real person.  Basically they wanted to see if just by the power of the mind, they could create the manifestation of this person.  After lots of trial and error, it worked.  Towards the end, it was gaining public attention, so they began to capture events on film, with outside witnesses.  The film is suppose to be in the  National Film Board of Canada, although I have called several times over the years and have never been able to find it.  

Does anyone know if the film really exists?  If you have not read the book, I would highly recommend it, as it is really interesting to see what can be done simply by using the power of the mind and belief.

Later another experiment was done by a different group for a woman named Lillith.  I have not read that account as of yet.

Anyway, always been interested in it, and just wondering if anyone else knew anything about the whereabouts of this 'film'?

Cheers, Sunshine & Smiles,

4everakid

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:36 pm

On Visions Television the project of Conjuring Philip is being presented on Wed. Jan. 17 at 10 pm for anyone interested.  This is EST in Canada.  Visions has a web site for more information.

I have not seen this documentary before, so have no comment.  

God bless, J

xmasbb

right down Gramma's alley

Post by xmasbb » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:19 pm

Oh! Fascinating!!!! I hope this airs in the US. If not, I'm anxious to read the books. Thanks for the information! I do believe we are in part responsible for drawing persons/events into our lives. There may be a master plan we have no knowledge of. Then again... maybe sometimes doo doo just occurs.

4everakid

Wow, what a coincidence!!!

Post by 4everakid » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:54 pm

That is soooo funny!!! What a crazy coincidence!!!  I just started thinking about this book again two days ago, and know, unfortunately I'm way out here in Asia, but the footage I've been looking for on and off for so MANY years is playing on Canadian (where I'm from) TV today!!! That is wild!  :)

Thanks so much for that info, since the time difference I may be able to catch it tomorrow morning if I can figure out how to 'try' to get it on the web.

Anyway, freaky, freaky, I love it when these funny little things happen!! ;)

Well, for all those out there, the whole thing is extremely interesting, so I would advise all to watch or at least read the book.  

Hopefully they will have that long lost footage I've been waiting for :)

Cheers, Sunshine & Smiles

4everakid

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:52 pm

Sorry wrong time...Wed. at 9 pm.  It is also being shown on Sat. Jan. 20: 10 pm and Mon. Jan. 22 at 10 pm on Visions TV.  

There is also a show on the Fox family (the pioneers of Spiritualism) on Wed. Jan. 31: 9 pm and Sat. Feb. 3: 10 pm.

4everakid

Post by 4everakid » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:30 pm

Many thanks Spiritalk, I will DEFINATELY be checking it out :)

Cheers, Sunshine & Smiles,

4everakid

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:27 pm

Well, did anyone watch it?  What did you think?

I think anything that gives us another explanation of what is happening is worth considering.  When they did the satanic experiment with the record, I heard the name Sarah before they suggested what we were supposed to hear.  It did not sound like satan even when told what to listen for.  Interesting.....

destabella

Re; 4everakid jan 17

Post by destabella » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:53 am

I like that very much!
i just logged on and reading this post answers a question i thought i needed 2 post.
Random coincidence?
destabella

Return to “Psychic”