Voices and Messages

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

starryskies

Voices and Messages

Post by starryskies » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:53 pm

I did a search on MB and had a look through the forum but couldn't find a topic answering my question.

At night, when I relax and become sleepy I hear voices in my head but not like hearing a spoken voice, more of an intuitive voice, sometimes it is like hearing 100 noisy voices at once and I can't make anything out but last night I was deliberately doing relaxation exercises and reiki and I heard a few distinct phrases but nothing that made much sense. Some male. Some female. Very clear.

When I sleep I 'spend time' with my grandparents (who have passed over) and wake remembering what we discussed or did, which I love but this is a conscious thing, not a leaving-the-body trip.

So what is this all about, do you think? I am thinking it is probably my imagination or my brain switching from wake mode to sleep mode but... do psychic voices sound like this, like hearing a voice in your mind rather than listening to someone next to you?

I have no fear, only fascination and would love it if someone can tell me what they think of these ideas.

Thanks!!  :) Victoria :)

amadea1949

spirit guides

Post by amadea1949 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:57 am

I think it is your spirit guide.  Sometimes when we first experience them, they are cautious and just let you know they are there.  I think there are two: Albert and Joyce.  Listen and see what happens.  I think you will get a few surprises.
 We are all psychic.  Sometimes we don't want to listen and sometimes when all is quiet, we hear.
Last edited by amadea1949 on Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:19 am

Thanks Amadea. :)

amadea1949

welcome

Post by amadea1949 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:00 pm

you are very welcome.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:49 pm

You are not shutting yourself down from psychic input and the senses are the gateway to your attention.  Sleep is intended to rejuvenate the body, mind, spirit.  No spirit guide would willingly intrude without invitation.  It is time to set some boundaries with your guide and tell them when to come and when you need rest.  

Having this conversation with loved ones can occur in meditation when you have the time and effort to commune with spirit.  It does not need to intrude upon your sleep.  You are allowing it because you want the contact.  The better approach is to keep yourself healthy and attune at another time and space.

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:56 pm

In that case I had better find out how to shut down because I haven´t a clue!

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:12 pm

Some people use chakras as an opening and closing exercise.  Some use visualizations of other sorts.  The opening and closing of spirit energies when we are working in the material realm are done according to what you feel comfortable using.

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:38 pm

Thanks, I will do some more research on that. I think I can be very impatient and want to learn everything and do everything now now now!! :) I know I can´t force this and when I am ready to communicate with spirit (vice versa too) hopefully it will happen naturally, if ever!

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:52 pm

When I begin my meditation (the tool for attunement with psychic/mediumship work) I open a spot at the crown of my head and visualize a flow of colour and energy throughout the body...absorbing all negativity and releasing all stresses as it flows through my body.  When I am quieted in the material body, I can attune to the spirit body through a visualized garden of my choosing (any scene from nature is soothing and valid).  In this scene I place a flower to contact my spirit guide.  The point is...I am attuning to spirit.

When I end my meditation, I consciously consider the flow stopping, the site diminishing and the channel closing for now.  I also suggest water (drinking as well as on the wrist or back of neck) if an altered state cannot be diminished.

When we are busy in our material life, we do not want interference.  So at some point, give your guides a time when you are available and then you can tell them to back off from other times.  It is a wonderful partnership to be encouraged and nourished in all things.

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:05 pm

That is lovely, Spiritalk, thanks for your advice :)

Return to “Psychic”