psychic development & visualizing

For Psychic discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

weejaine

psychic development & visualizing

Post by weejaine » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:44 pm

Iam trying to develop my Psychic abilitys and bought a book by William W. Hewitt and although its a great book with great excercises i am having problems with my visualizing (i cant do it).... Visualizing seems to be a big part on the road to and for psychic use.
Has anyone got any advice that would make this easier

mysticangel

Post by mysticangel » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:46 pm

weejaine,

a good technique to use is to practice and go at it slowly and in steps.

1st get one item you like looking at, could be a flower, a picture of someone in your family, anything....

2nd step is to have this item in front of you and look at it for 10 minutes, take in every detail you can see from it, every angle, everything that you could see from it and then try to memorize every details in your mind as you study this item.  (10 minutes max)

3rd step is then to remove that item away from your view and close your eyes and try to recall every detail that you have just seen and tried to put it in your mind just 10 minutes before.  Recall every line, every curve, color, texture, anything that you can remember from it.  Just as if you were still looking at it in front of you.

After awhile of doing this exercise, visualization becomes easier and easier to do.  What I have done in the past was even to get a picture of something so complex and with a lot of details and test myself on how well I do remember it being like.  In order to visualize something, you must be able to have a clear picture of what it is you're trying to recreate in your mind and it usually helps to put reality as well as the virtual together and combine the two.  just as if you had a dream and when you woke up you remember vividly everything that happened and the small details from it.

Hope this helps you!

angel

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:30 pm

we might remember that some people are visually inspired, while others may not be.  Try something audio.  Put on a good CD that tends to touch the soul (this can be different for each person - but look to some of those CDs that do nature sounds) and calm the mind through sound.  As all our senses are used in psychic development, we can find the ones strongest in our own techniques and exercises.

nnt

Post by nnt » Tue May 15, 2007 2:04 pm

Jaine,

I agree with mysticangel, you must do that for sometime.....another great thing is to imagining the usaul things in routine with different style from different angle....it will increase your creativity which will certainly help you in visualizing since you need your right brain in Visualizing....also try to draw pictures and vividly colour them......and then before sleeping try to recall the whole day.....what you did and how you did...some good times.....things like that...

Let me know whether these helped you or not....

good luck

infinite love....

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue May 15, 2007 3:03 pm

As our dreams are about our unresolved emotions from the conscious state, perhaps setting ourself up for replaying could become a bit detrimental to sleep and resolution of those emotions?

nnt

Post by nnt » Tue May 22, 2007 4:11 am

Well , I recently came across a post regarding the use of Galantamine.....it hepls you in lucid drems .....I do not use it though google it.....if you find it interesting.....

Sedah The Sorcerer

Post by Sedah The Sorcerer » Mon May 28, 2007 2:21 am

visualizing is basically imagining all you have to do is see it in your mind

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue May 29, 2007 10:46 pm

Some people are visually inspired, some are not.  The point is...there is a method for all.  Meditation is about finding what works for the individual.  No lesson is right for everyone...pick your method.

cuddles40

visual

Post by cuddles40 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:17 pm

When I meditate and at times when I am not, I have received images very clear images. The majority of the time, I can put meaning to why I am receiving these. There have been times, it was to forwarn other people of things that would happen to prevent them from happening for their own best interest. I find this a wonderful gift.

But, what i don't understand is, at times I have meditated and simply as i do often is Please show me what i need to know, and I in retun have received images of people i know and things that were going to happen and have actually happend shorlty after, but I dont understand why I would receive information of people that I don't associate with or that i am close to.

Does anyhone   have any idea of why i would receive information thru visualization of things that I have not asked about or people that are not in my life everyday?

thks

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:42 pm

You were asking spirit to bring something for others....how do they know who or when you associate with people?  Perhaps it would be better to attempt to reframe your question.  Do you have something for me to help ..........  (fill in name) and then step back and allow the information to flow.

brooke

Colours

Post by brooke » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:40 am

Hi.
I visualise colours. I found it easier than objects.  I found meditation so hard at first as my brain was always working.  Slowly things balanced out and it is all fitting into place.

Now at night when my visitors arrive, I get certain colours at first for each one. Henry has brilliant bright purple. Mum is indigo and so on.

Good luck and remember, don't try too hard. Just lay back, relax and it will work for you

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:11 pm

When meditation is the tool, many early examples of change are colours.  What a lovely way to visualize your own spirit friends and loved ones.

Return to “Psychic”